Buccaneers ready to raid the The Atlanta 'White Elephants'

Mr. Right

Young Tom came to Atlanta to build a dynasty, but all he has to show for so far is a 5-5 team in danger of never seeing back to back winning seasons. One of the problems is Young Tom's questionable roster moves. As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure and Dimitroff has filled the Falcon's roster with useless possessions.

In the league's eyes players like Elam and Jenkins are garbage.

In the fan's point of view they are white elephants.

In Young Toms world these are invaluable artifacts to be treasured and polished.

We can only hope that the Buccaneers spare Big Money Ryan as they plunder the Falcons this Sunday.

Edited by Mr. Right

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You post this, and yet you wonder why people give you negative ratings.

"Young Tom", "King Arthur" - that smacks of disrespect.

You can point out Falcons problems.

You can post here and not be an ATL fan.

But you post arrogant junk like this, it's apparent you don't want to talk football. You just want attention.

You post this, and yet you wonder why people give you negative ratings.

"Young Tom", "King Arthur" - that smacks of disrespect.

You can point out Falcons problems.

You can post here and not be an ATL fan.

But you post arrogant junk like this, it's apparent you don't want to talk football. You just want attention.

Hey bozo, did you and yours have a good Thanksgiving?

I hope you and your family have a blessed Holiday Season this year.

Oh yeah, to keep it Falcon-related, Falcons win Sunday 31-14.

Hey bozo, did you and yours have a good Thanksgiving?

I hope you and your family have a blessed Holiday Season this year.

Oh yeah, to keep it Falcon-related, Falcons win Sunday 31-14.

We get 2 for 1 this year.

Falcons

Yesterday was great, but because of some family members' work schedules,

we're having dinner again tomorrow!!

Bucs I'll be big enough to borrow Grady's britches soon! :blink:

Hope you guys had a great and a Blessed day as well. Thanks!

What do trolls do when no one takes their bait in a thread?

I guess they come upstairs from the basement and go play with their Star Wars action figures.

As a frequent poster who's often ignored on this site, mainly because

I don't buy into the hype, and state the facts. Regardless of how annoying

this post may be, there is an ounce of truth that lies within. We have

taken several scrap heap players during the TD watch. For instance, Stecker,

Haynes, was TD not aware that there was a chance Norwwod or Turner would go down?

Or perhaps Hill was acquired so easily because no one else wanted him? Then there's

Elam, seems as if his true colors are shining, finally. At some point we must spend

money to become an elite team. Right now we're competitive. There's a difference.

Coach Smith is correct, he says, "good teams do not win back-to-back games".

Obviously the Falcons are not a "good" team, by this definition and definitely not

elite.

LMAO....Hey thanks for pulling the big guns after the 1st drive....but I'm wondering how we get close enough for a field goal..

How is it not obvious? On DeCoud's 3rd interception of the day, he's bringing it back to the house, but is laughing so hard he fumbles. This puts you in field goal position, and we take mercy by not blocking it.

Haynes, was TD not aware that there was a chance Norwwod or Turner would go down?

Or perhaps Hill was acquired so easily because no one else wanted him? Then there's

Elam, seems as if his true colors are shining, finally. At some point we must spend

money to become an elite team. Right now we're competitive. There's a difference.

Obviously the Falcons are not a "good" team, by this definition and definitely not

elite.

I don't recall anyone stating that the '09 Falcons are 'elite'. This Coaching staff and FO, now into only their second season, have called it a process, because that's what it is. After the Petrino/Vick castastrophies, no one ever expected this team to finish 11-5 last year and be in the playoffs. Because of that, people begin thinking like you, that this team should be 11-5 or better this year,but there's nothing to support that opinion.

Scrap heap players? These guys aren't hall of fame material, but very competent backups and good players in their own right.

Spend money? They spent money on P. Jerry. He's IR'd. Brian Williams was playing outstanding football. Also IR'd. You can't just go out and get top tier players as needed. It's a little thing called the cap.

I will agree with you that this team is competitive and this is a good football team.

But I think the rest of your thinking is skewed at best.

We have taken several scrap heap players during the TD watch. For instance, Stecker, Haynes, was TD not aware that there was a chance Norwwod or Turner would go down? Or perhaps Hill was acquired so easily because no one else wanted him? Then there's Elam, seems as if his true colors are shining, finally. At some point we must spend money to become an elite team. Right now we're competitive.

Ugh... lets see...

What team doesn't rely on at least a few good no namers? None of them. I've talked to logic, and logic says it is fairly unlikely to have 53 Hall of Famers on one team at one time.

Snelling is backup, behind Norwood and Turner. Yes, Stecker as a 4th string running back isn't great. I knew we should have traded for Adrian Peterson and put him at 4th string, so instead of the few limited plays Stecker had, we would have been able to impress random message board guy who has been a member for a few months.

Hayes is a backup FB, who can also play RB. I guess, in theory, he is like 3rd string FB/5th string RB. No, he's not destined for Canton. Quick! Name a "future" Hall of Famer RB currently on New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, etc. You know, one of the perennial playoff teams.

Well, to be fair, Hayes was on the Steelers. And how many teams keep 4 running backs on their roster? But you expect us to keep 4 backs who should all be able to be "elite"?

And why are you complaining about Hill? We dropped a 7th round pick for him. Obviously no one really wanted him. How much less could we get him for?

And how is Elam "finally" showing his true colors? He has been automatic for the past almost 20 years.

I also find it hilarious that one of the first year we don't push up against the cap, we can't win because we aren't spending money. We are paying out loads of money. And the teams that are pushed up against the cap, aren't the consistent winners.

We might not be "elite" yet, but we are a young team. One of the youngest in the leagues. Crazy that some people expect us to have 5 Superbowls a year and a half after we get a new GM.

I don't recall anyone stating that the '09 Falcons are 'elite'. This Coaching staff and FO, now into only their second season, have called it a process, because that's what it is. After the Petrino/Vick castastrophies, no one ever expected this team to finish 11-5 last year and be in the playoffs. Because of that, people begin thinking like you, that this team should be 11-5 or better this year,but there's nothing to support that opinion.

Scrap heap players? These guys aren't hall of fame material, but very competent backups and good players in their own right.

Spend money? They spent money on P. Jerry. He's IR'd. Brian Williams was playing outstanding football. Also IR'd. You can't just go out and get top tier players as needed. It's a little thing called the cap.

I will agree with you that this team is competitive and this is a good football team.

But I think the rest of your thinking is skewed at best.

My rebuttle to your response is simple. It is capsulated in that statement everyone

(affiliated with this organization) uses whenever there's controversy with a loss or a

poor decision is made presently. The Petrino/Vick debacle is the cause for

every/all past, present, and future failures. ENOUGH ALREADY! The FO was aware of

the weaknesses in the defensive backfield. Yet they did nothing until it was obvious

the starters were not adequate. Moreover, they found money to bring in Williams,

which wasn't difficult because at the time the Falcons were well under the cap and

remain under the cap. A poignant effort to win while spending less is the call of

the day for this organization. It's called good business. The "process" shouldn't

prevent you from making prudent decisions that produces wins now.

Ugh... lets see...

What team doesn't rely on at least a few good no namers? None of them. I've talked to logic, and logic says it is fairly unlikely to have 53 Hall of Famers on one team at one time.

Snelling is backup, behind Norwood and Turner. Yes, Stecker as a 4th string running back isn't great. I knew we should have traded for Adrian Peterson and put him at 4th string, so instead of the few limited plays Stecker had, we would have been able to impress random message board guy who has been a member for a few months.

Hayes is a backup FB, who can also play RB. I guess, in theory, he is like 3rd string FB/5th string RB. No, he's not destined for Canton. Quick! Name a "future" Hall of Famer RB currently on New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, etc. You know, one of the perennial playoff teams.

Well, to be fair, Hayes was on the Steelers. And how many teams keep 4 running backs on their roster? But you expect us to keep 4 backs who should all be able to be "elite"?

And why are you complaining about Hill? We dropped a 7th round pick for him. Obviously no one really wanted him. How much less could we get him for?

And how is Elam "finally" showing his true colors? He has been automatic for the past almost 20 years.

I also find it hilarious that one of the first year we don't push up against the cap, we can't win because we aren't spending money. We are paying out loads of money. And the teams that are pushed up against the cap, aren't the consistent winners.

We might not be "elite" yet, but we are a young team. One of the youngest in the leagues. Crazy that some people expect us to have 5 Superbowls a year and a half after we get a new GM.

I admire your candid response. As a MB poster who has over 6,000+

posts I should respect your knowledge of the game and this team in particular. As a

genuis even Einstein was wrong about several of his theories. Michael Jordan missed as

many game winning shots as he made. And you sir, are neither. You know the problem(s)

with a lot of you "Supreme" posters are that you're long in the tooth and vision

impaired by the blinders.

I admire your candid response. As a MB poster who has over 6,000+

posts I should respect your knowledge of the game and this team in particular. As a

genuis even Einstein was wrong about several of his theories. Michael Jordan missed as

many game winning shots as he made. And you sir, are neither. You know the problem(s)

with a lot of you "Supreme" posters are that you're long in the tooth and vision

impaired by the blinders.

Great job by responding to the questions in the manner I responded to your post, point by point.

Thanks for comparing me to Einstein and Jordan, and still claiming yourself to be the winner.

I feel lots of posters expect nothing but 400+ yard games out of Ryan, 5+ sacks out of Abe a week, and a list of other unreachable goals that no team lives up to.

You are complaining about the guys at the bottom of our roster. Even guys who have rarely played. Who have still been great in spot duty. Peele came in as one of your "scrap heap" guys, along with Booker, Weems, etc. They are great players, and if you can't get a competent and cheap player in free agency, you might be Matt Millen.

Also, isn't it really annoying

when someone self formats their posts

in this weird form, where for awhile

I think you are writing a haiku.

I feel like you are in

high school English, and need

your poem to be just the right

amount of consonants, or else

you will have Saturday school

again, which is totally lame.

Ugh... lets see...

This post is teh winrar.

Great job by responding to the questions in the manner I responded to your post, point by point.

Thanks for comparing me to Einstein and Jordan, and still claiming yourself to be the winner.

I feel lots of posters expect nothing but 400+ yard games out of Ryan, 5+ sacks out of Abe a week, and a list of other unreachable goals that no team lives up to.

You are complaining about the guys at the bottom of our roster. Even guys who have rarely played. Who have still been great in spot duty. Peele came in as one of your "scrap heap" guys, along with Booker, Weems, etc. They are great players, and if you can't get a competent and cheap player in free agency, you might be Matt Millen.

Also, isn't it really annoying

when someone self formats their posts

in this weird form, where for awhile

I think you are writing a haiku.

I feel like you are in

high school English, and need

your poem to be just the right

amount of consonants, or else

you will have Saturday school

again, which is totally lame.

LMAO...

BTW... 'Dr. Billings' what are you a doctor of? It sure the h3ll ain't football. Just because we had cap room doesn't mean there was anyone out there worthy of spending the money on. Sure the Aints went out and picked up 2 vet CB's but I'm willing to bet that if they see the field they are going to get smoked.

elite.

If this is the quality of your posts, I guess I understand why they are ignored. I'm not a rose-colored glasses owner, but I'm not really sure I'm following you here. TD was supposed to bring in young, NFL starting quality RBs to be our 4th string RB on the chance that our #1 & #2 backs both go down at the same time???

Hill was a former 1st round pick. Sometimes things don't work out with team 1, and team 2 gets a steal, other times the player just doesn't get it anywhere. I like the fact that we took a chance to improve the weakest remaining area of our team at the end of training camp.

Elam is on the downside obviously, but he was solid for us last year. I guess for him being solid last year, when he does go downhill this year it's his "true colors", and when he was solid, he was faking it?

elite.

Coach Smith says, good teams do not win back-to-back games? This doesn't sound correct.

ps/ Vick-75 anyone?

My rebuttle to your response is simple. It is capsulated in that statement everyone

(affiliated with this organization) uses whenever there's controversy with a loss or a

poor decision is made presently. The Petrino/Vick debacle is the cause for

every/all past, present, and future failures. ENOUGH ALREADY! The FO was aware of

the weaknesses in the defensive backfield. Yet they did nothing until it was obvious

the starters were not adequate. Moreover, they found money to bring in Williams,

which wasn't difficult because at the time the Falcons were well under the cap and

remain under the cap. A poignant effort to win while spending less is the call of

the day for this organization. It's called good business. The "process" shouldn't

prevent you from making prudent decisions that produces wins now.

Wow. Just wow. Your thinking is completely illogical and pathetic.

The Petrino/Vick think was not the cause of all ills past, present and future. What it was was a starting point. New GM, new coaching staff, new approach to Falcon football. No longer a team built around MV7, but a total upheaval. NO ONE is using that as a crutch, only as a point of demarcation.

While the Falcons remain under the cap, you still can't sign what's not out there. You want wins now. So do I. But I can also see the benefit of being patient so that the Falcons are contenders and in your words - elite - for several years to come.

Enjoy the party that's apparently going on in your head.