Anybody watch the Giants at Broncos game?

E. T.

This game showed what our defense is incapable of. Putting pressure on the QB and covering routes.

You may ask yourself is it coaching? Is BVG a bad fit for this team in teaching his scheme. NO...it is not coaching, it is the talent of players we have!

The only question I have to the coaches is why did we move into the season with these corners?

We have a flatfooted corner on one side who cant seem to turn his head around to see the ball and keep the play in front of him so he wont get burnt.....On the other we have a undersized corner who has "Spud Webb" jumping ability, but cannot cover and tackle a big reciever.

I see the Falcons spending some money in the off season to get the secondary in check. The D-line, I believe is still a work in progress. There is talent there but, I feel that a solid FA signing for next season will shore up the line with also the return of Jerry.

I know how all of us fans are tired of hearing about: "next year, we will get em next year" But this is the 2nd year of this coaching staff and they are still evaluating everybody. This is still a "process". We will get there soon, Im sure of it.

I agree with it not being the coaching at fault for the problems we have on defense. Our talent &/or execution is just not there, & you can't make chicken salad out of chicken****. The fans & the coaches knew we were in trouble with our secondary in the preseason (the FO went out & signed Williams & traded for Hill). Now if we upgrade the talent, then I would start looking at the coaching. This defense is a recipe for disaster against any team that has a QB that can read defenses. The only success the defense has is against inexperienced QBs. Usually in those games, our blitzes can either get to the QB or cause an incomplete or turnover. At times,(the 2nd half of the game against NO as example) our defense plays well, but they are overall outsized or just not consistent mentally (turning their head around). The Giants went for the jugular in OT & picked on our secondary. I bet most fans knew we were doomed when we lost the coin flip.

Edited by woz30

I watched every down of that game.

Denver just owned the Giants and I have drawn a possible conclusion on

that game vs the Giants/Falcons game.

The Gnats had a bye week and 2 weeks to focus, heal up and prepare for the falcons.

Given that the Gnats played a half decent red zone D in the end the Donks D

destroyed a team that is clearly Garbage.

Their remaining schedule is brutal and my guess is they only get at best 2 more wins

and will not be in contention for a wild card berth.

The Donks on the other hand will likely see 3 more wins at best to conclude their season.

Kyle Orton will not carry them deep into the playoffs, if they reach that is ;)

few things noteworthy from lastnites game.......PLAYMAKERS!! PLAYMAKERS!! in all depts

Offense - Marshall ( Beast making 1 handed multiple catches )

Offense - O-LINE ( giving max protection to Kyle - O sacks allowed )

Offense RB'S - Moreno ( both RB'S stood out but, Moreno was my fav & fantasy pick)

Defense - Dumervil/Dawkins ( SackMonster & Beast -Ball Hawk ....my jaw dropped everytime I saw them manhandle Giants O )

---Overall their CB'S were jamming & not giving giants wide receivers enough room to make any plays & thus, getting multiple sacks on Eli)

---I dont doubt our D'S intention but, their skill skets are below par compared to top elite teams ...even after all this I think we make the playoffs BUT, not to the superbowl.

Edited by mattyicefalcon

few things noteworthy from lastnites game.......PLAYMAKERS!! PLAYMAKERS!! in all depts

Offense - Marshall ( Beast making 1 handed multiple catches )

Offense - O-LINE ( giving max protection to Kyle - O sacks allowed )

Offense RB'S - Moreno ( both RB'S stood out but, Moreno was my fav & fantasy pick)

Defense - Dumervil/Dawkins ( SackMonster & Beast -Ball Hawk ....my jaw dropped everytime I saw them manhandle Giants O )

---Overall their CB'S were jamming & not giving giants wide receivers enough room to make any plays & thus, getting multiple sacks on Eli)

---I dont doubt our D'S intention but, their skill skets are below par compared to top elite teams ...even after all this I think we make the playoffs BUT, not to the superbowl.

We scored more against the Giants at THEIR house than Denver did in a home game.

Don't you see where the problem lies?

It is not on offense.

Our defense is young and they have not 'MATURED' as a team yet.

It's coming - we have glimpses of it - they are fast and they are talented - they are just not working as a "UNIT" yet.

We scored more against the Giants at THEIR house than Denver did in a home game.

Don't you see where the problem lies?

It is not on offense.

Our defense is young and they have not 'MATURED' as a team yet.

It's coming - we have glimpses of it - they are fast and they are talented - they are just not working as a "UNIT" yet.

agree that they are 'fast' & ofcourse 'talented' w/o that they wouldn't be in NFL....whaT I'm trying to say here is their 'limited' 'skill sets' (example: height & strength) are NOT enough to match the top elite wide receivers....there's too much space allowed to them.

Above all, at offensive end....we are just laying too many points away....by simple missed goals & dropped catches in end zones..not once but, multiple times at crucial junctures.

I'm not pointing finger at any one or two individuals...it's our 'misfortune'.....but, as you said they are NOT working as a 'unit' & that could be a huge issue in playoffs....I just feel we are not 'superbowl' contenders yet.