should elam be cut

darthfalconus

should elam be cut  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Elam be cut

• yes
    • no
    • no, but let's use koenan till he messes up more than Elam has

We fans are not qualified or knowledgeable enough to make such a decision. To think otherwise is just being delusional. Playing Monday morning QB, GM or coach is just that... PLAYING..!

The front office and coaching staff are top professionals in their field. They have forgotten more about building and running a professional football team than the entire fan base will ever know. Not to mention the fact that they are working with and evaluating the players on a daily basses.

Remember, fan opinions are like A-- Holes... Everybody has one and most of them stink..! (including my own) :D

We could cut about half our team based on how they

have played the last 4 or 5 games. Elam is a proven

game tested kicker. The tattoo'd guy we had cost us

a couple of games but it turns out he can kick after

all. It is a tough call on kickers. We don't need the

kicker of the week thing going like Parcells did in

Dallas one year.

My answer is no, simply because I just don't think cutting someone like that (regardless of his play recently) more than around Week 12 will help the team in general. I understand he's a kicker and they are in a way the most independent next to punter in terms of position. However, unless we find someone that is a major improvement over him we leave it be.

Flame away, but if you're an individual who believes he is the "worst kicker in the league including UFL" or something along those lines, you should step back a bit to look at the bigger picture.

Dallas one year.

Exactly, just ignore your emotions for one moment and step back to look at the bigger picture.

+1

My answer is no, simply because I just don't think cutting someone like that (regardless of his play recently) more than around Week 12 will help the team in general. I understand he's a kicker and they are in a way the most independent next to punter in terms of position. However, unless we find someone that is a major improvement over him we leave it be.

Flame away, but if you're an individual who believes he is the "worst kicker in the league including UFL" or something along those lines, you should step back a bit to look at the bigger picture.

i realize that he is no way near the worst in the league, but in MY opinion, he is helping us lose games we should have won. also i dont claim to be GM material, but im smarter than the average fan. ( and before anyone says it, I know correct punctuation i just choose not to use it )

Dallas one year.

very true

Dallas one year.

Ohhhh please.

All they have to do is kick a ball between two yellow posts. That is there requirement, and Elam has failed to do his job in key situations that cost us.

Then what's the point of having a forum? It's not like the management reads this **** and mulls over the opinions presented. Fans banter, the point of a forum is exactly opposite of what you're saying. We're all here to BS about things and put in our two cents TO EACH OTHER.

I guess I should have added the line that it's still fun to play Monday morning QB, coach and GM just so long as we understand that we are just playing.

After reading some of the posts on this forum, I think some people forget that. Not to mention that some of the topics are just down right stupid. Especially, the topics that call for the benching of Matt Ryan or the firing of Coach Smith. Last month some people were calling for Turner to be cut. Come on people, get real..!

Edited by Ranger 69

Regardless of what happens with Elam this year, I think it is time to start looking for a new kicker, Elam is old and it's only a matter of time before he decides to retire.

I'd like to see the FALCONS get a young kicker, somebody who can do the job for years to come instead of going with the old veterans who want be here but just a few years.

IMO, until they get a kicker who has many years ahead of them left to kick for them the kicking job is always going to be a 2-3 year issue, always having to look for somebody to fill the job.

We fans are not qualified or knowledgeable enough to make such a decision. To think otherwise is just being delusional. Playing Monday morning QB, GM or coach is just that... PLAYING..!

The front office and coaching staff are top professionals in their field. They have forgotten more about building and running a professional football team than the entire fan base will ever know. Not to mention the fact that they are working with and evaluating the players on a daily basses.

Remember, fan opinions are like A-- Holes... Everybody has one and most of them stink..! (including my own) :D

Well said. It's amazing how everyone thinks that everything is a quick fix in the NFL. I'm not happy with Elams performance, but I certainly understand that a better replacement isn't just sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring. Elam has been an elite kicker, and is more than likely going to step up and right his wrongs. I would much rather have a crafty veteran whose been in the pressure situations that Elam has, then gamble on a younger or more traveled guy.