Am I the one they call troll

ChessPlayer1

I've read these message board for quite sometime now.

I thought i'd jump in and make new friends.

I even cnsidered having my fellow Falcons fans over to participate in my away game ceromonies.

I have season tickets. I went to the New Orleans game. I have more Falcons shirts than regular shirts.

Despite all of that, I am labled a troll.

I guess it's because I question the decision makers in this orginazation.

I guess it's because I dont have thousands of posts.

I guess I am

a hated troll!!!!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is this; If a person comes to debate football on here, does that make them a troll?

I feel that "trolls" are the ones that insult other posters.

Well ever since i got here.... it seems as though a troll is

A. Anyone that questions the Front office

B.Anyone who says our secondary sucks

C.Anyone who says We have a bad chance at making the playoffs

D.Anyone who says ryan is not doing too good

No, I don't believe you are, but everybody has their own definition I guess. You made a thread about Matt Ryan compared to Joe Flacco and I think your point was to argue that Flacco was better, I don't remember and I don't think I really participate in the thread. I don't have any problem with you having that opinion, I think it was shortsighted and wrong, but I don't have any problem with it.

But I still don't necessarily see the point in trying to prove that Flacco is better than Ryan after 9 games of the season. They are in completely different circumstances and it's too small of a timeframe.

I even cnsidered having my fellow Falcons fans over to participate in my away game ceromonies.

I have season tickets. I went to the New Orleans game. I have more Falcons shirts than regular shirts.

I guess I am

a hated troll!!!!!!

Just make this your avatar and everyone will know

troll.jpg

great points...i suppose i had better stay away frm those topics. my rep has taken a beating.

No, your wrong, it's not about your opinion, it's about how you present your opinion. I've repeatedly criticized the front office for keeping Elam this week and I started a thread to illustrate how poor the defense is playing, but if anybody thinks I am a troll, it's a pretty small number of people I suppose.

No, I don't believe you are, but everybody has their own definition I guess. You made a thread about Matt Ryan compared to Joe Flacco and I think your point was to argue that Flacco was better, I don't remember and I don't think I really participate in the thread. I don't have any problem with you having that opinion, I think it was shortsighted and wrong, but I don't have any problem with it.

But I still don't necessarily see the point in trying to prove that Flacco is better than Ryan after 9 games of the season. They are in completely different circumstances and it's too small of a timeframe.

You are the type of fan that can have a reasonable debate.

You seem level headed.

Not saying the following applies to you, but i think most people who are

labeled as "trolls" are peolple who repeatably point out obvious defiencies with the

Falcons with a certain bit of glee. I pesonally, FWIW, don't think you are a

Troll.

I believe that its human nature to dislike others with a different veiwpoint.

Maybe Peyton is right when hes says it is how your veiwpoint is presented.

I believe its more along the lines of how a person says it rather than what they are saying.

Matt Ryan had a string of poor games. People chimed in with concern and questions regarding his problems. They questioned the possible sophomore slump or a slew of other theories as to why he was having these problems.....these posts were debated civilly because they jumped to no immediate conclusion and made no stupid blanket statements.

Another group of posters (trolls) decide to come in both barrels blazing and declare Ryan a "bust". He has no skill....told you he was a risky draft pick....cant throw downfield....cant move in the pocket. These posters offer nothing in the way of substance. Nothing to really debate as their minds are made up. They come strictly to stir the pot and get people upset.

If you want to have a discussion, then bring something to the table to discuss. Dont make outrageous blanket statements that have no fact to support them. "What is wrong lately with Ryan" will get you more discussion and insight rather than "Ryan Sucks I always knew it."

I'm not saying you post one way or the other as I am not that familiar with your posts but criticism is practically the basis of this board. Elam, the secondary, Ryan, Mularkey....all have been called out in dozens of posts with nary a claim of trolling.

If you were at a party would you engage in conversation by joining a group and sharing your views or stand on the coffee table and scream "I think this..."

A little tact and decorum go a long way.

No, your wrong, it's not about your opinion, it's about how you present your opinion. I've repeatedly criticized the front office for keeping Elam this week and I started a thread to illustrate how poor the defense is playing, but if anybody thinks I am a troll, it's a pretty small number of people I suppose.

Well my good man peyton, how many negatives does it take for you to be considered a troll. i believe they run together. See I made a thread not too long about people who take the whole rating thing too seriously. i was accused of being a troll. I love these boards but it is sometimes hard to voice your opinion. but i guess you are right about the way you deliver your opinion.

Edited by FalconPio

I believe its more along the lines of how a person says it rather than what they are saying.

Matt Ryan had a string of poor games. People chimed in with concern and questions regarding his problems. They questioned the possible sophomore slump or a slew of other theories as to why he was having these problems.....these posts were debated civilly because they jumped to no immediate conclusion and made no stupid blanket statements.

Another group of posters (trolls) decide to come in both barrels blazing and declare Ryan a "bust". He has no skill....told you he was a risky draft pick....cant throw downfield....cant move in the pocket. These posters offer nothing in the way of substance. Nothing to really debate as their minds are made up. They come strictly to stir the pot and get people upset.

If you want to have a discussion, then bring something to the table to discuss. Dont make outrageous blanket statements that have no fact to support them. "What is wrong lately with Ryan" will get you more discussion and insight rather than "Ryan Sucks I always knew it."

I'm not saying you post one way or the other as I am not that familiar with your posts but criticism is practically the basis of this board. Elam, the secondary, Ryan, Mularkey....all have been called out in dozens of posts with nary a claim of trolling.

If you were at a party would you engage in conversation by joining a group and sharing your views or stand on the coffee table and scream "I think this..."

A little tact and decorum go a long way.

I agree.

I believe that its human nature to dislike others with a different veiwpoint.

Maybe Peyton is right when hes says it is how your veiwpoint is presented.

Exactly, most people make an informed opinion, while some just like to "stir the

pot", so to speak. Then you have some who clearly have a hidden agenda, Falcon player

A vs opponent player B, etc.

Well my good man peyton, how many negatives does it take for you to be considered a troll. i believe they run together. See I made a thread not too long about people who take the hole rating thing too seriously. i was accused of being a troll. I love these boards but it is sometimes hard to voice your opinion. but i guess you are right about the way you deliver your opinion.

Well OK, there are a couple of opinions that will get you automatically labelled a troll on here.

1. The Falcons should bench or otherwise get rid of Matt Ryan

2. Thomas Dimitroff is a bad GM

3. The Falcons should fire Mike Smith

I think that is probably it. If you express those opinions, whether it has merits or not, people are going label you "troll" and kill you with negatives.

I guess I am

a hated troll!!!!!!

Don't feel bad bro, its hard for some people to make friends on the internet.

Edited by JD dirtybird21