Drafting a DE in the 1st Rd

I really think Hardy will be a 2nd rounder because of his injury history and the fact that he is kind of weird.

The guy remind me of Julius Peppers so much... Not just his play on the field but his attitude... He is not a trouble maker at all... He is just weird...lol... He loves the game of football tho and he will not have any off the field issues.

I believe the combine (extensive medical check) and team doctors medical texts will be the differents between being a 1st or 2nd rounder for Greg hardy.....He has to walk into the combine 100% health(thats why he shut it down this year.. Greg hardy could have played but he and the coaches decided that its best for his career to shut it down and get healthy for the draft season)

6'4 272lbs Derrick Morgan

6'4 268lbs Greg Hardy

6'3 275lbs Everson Griffen

I think Everson Griffen is the most realistic for where we'll likely be picking and how these prospects line up at this point. He wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Greg Hardy will be a real special player if he stays healthy. And adding his experience and chemistry to the mix with Peria Jerry can only be a good thing. Both of those guys are beasts.

Morgan is probably going to be a top 10 pick, so I'm not even considering him.

I think Everson Griffen is the most realistic for where we'll likely be picking and how these prospects line up at this point. He wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Greg Hardy will be a real special player if he stays healthy. And adding his experience and chemistry to the mix with Peria Jerry can only be a good thing. Both of those guys are beasts.

Morgan is probably going to be a top 10 pick, so I'm not even considering him.

I agree that Griffen is the most likely to be available when we pick, I think Hardy will be there too.

1) Hardy (by far the most NFL ready DE in the draft ... and he has the biggest upside ... only problem, injuries)

2) Griffen (I like his potential ... he's not as ready as Hardy or Graham, but he has some upside ... wouldn't take him before pick 22)

3) Graham (undersized, but a motor that never stops and a good amount of pass-rushing moves ... not as NFL ready as Hardy, but close ... could become a very good LDE in the NFL ... preferably after a trade down in R2)

Edited by falcon82

I've liked Brandon Graham since last year, when Michigan was pretty much just bad.

I think he has the ability and potential to become a solid starter in the NFL. I don't think he's a 1st rounder right now, but a lot can change between now and April. There are always guys who jump up or slide and always surprises on draft day for who GMs think are 1st rounders.

As far as Hardy goes, he has tremendous upside... but so did Anderson. Anderson was also a beast at DE in college - where he racked up 17 sacks for -128 yards, 130 tackles (84 solo), 32 TFLs for -167 yards, 8 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery... in just 20 starts at DE for Arkansas. I've grown very weary of the "upside" buzzword. But I do believe that Greg Hardy will be a very good player if his health maintains. I would have concerns for him staying healthy if we picked him, but I'd definitely feel good about his ability on the field.

As far as Hardy goes, he has tremendous upside... but so did Anderson. Anderson was also a beast at DE in college - where he racked up 17 sacks for -128 yards, 130 tackles (84 solo), 32 TFLs for -167 yards, 8 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery... in just 20 starts at DE for Arkansas. I've grown very weary of the "upside" buzzword. But I do believe that Greg Hardy will be a very good player if his health maintains. I would have concerns for him staying healthy if we picked him, but I'd definitely feel good about his ability on the field.

Greg Hardy and Jamaal Anderson is on two different worlds.... When i saw Jamaal Anderson play... I knew that he was a 3-4 DE.... I said that during that offseason and when we drafted him.... Jamaal Anderson looked so good in college because they did allot of stunts and they let the guy freelance.... he did not have to work with the D-Line allot...

Greg Hadry is just a beast (when healthy)..... I think our D-Line rotation will help him also (even if he plays 70% of the snaps)

I've liked Brandon Graham since last year, when Michigan was pretty much just bad.

I think he has the ability and potential to become a solid starter in the NFL. I don't think he's a 1st rounder right now, but a lot can change between now and April. There are always guys who jump up or slide and always surprises on draft day for who GMs think are 1st rounders.

Absolutely, Vance Walker for example. 1st to 7th? My god.

Absolutely, Vance Walker for example. 1st to 7th? My god.

Being truthful Vance was never a 1st round pick. I pretty much live on mock sites mostly football future and in almost all the mocks he was around a late 3rd to early 4th round pick. But still a 3 to 4 round slide is insane. Same with Sidbury people had him late 1st to mid 2nd and he went in the 4th. So it's very possibl some guys move up and some move down a few rounds.

Eric Norwood is an outside linebacker... in any scheme, but will more than likely be picked up for a 3-4 defense.

He's a prime time player and I think he'll make an impact for any team he goes to... but he's not a defensive end.

I know that he's OLB. But he plays with his hand in the dirt sometime at Carolina and will likely be a 3-4 Rush OLB in the NFL. The only big differences between a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB is that in the 3-4 they go in pass coverage and they dont play with their hands down sometimes but not all the time. You dont think Merriman or Ware could play 4-3 DE?

I know that he's OLB. But he plays with his hand in the dirt sometime at Carolina and will likely be a 3-4 Rush OLB in the NFL. The only big differences between a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB is that in the 3-4 they go in pass coverage and they dont play with their hands down sometimes but not all the time. You dont think Merriman or Ware could play 4-3 DE?

They could play 4-3 DE, just like Abe could play 3-4 OLB. The point is that Norwood's known to be a playmaker at OLB who sometimes puts his hand down. When it comes to him being a DE prospect, he falls far shorter than where he is as a linebacker.

I would put Norwood at WLB. I think he'd be a great fit in a 4-3. He can play in coverage, but his pass rush is his biggest asset.

They could play 4-3 DE, just like Abe could play 3-4 OLB. The point is that Norwood's known to be a playmaker at OLB who sometimes puts his hand down. When it comes to him being a DE prospect, he falls far shorter than where he is as a linebacker.

I would put Norwood at WLB. I think he'd be a great fit in a 4-3. He can play in coverage, but his pass rush is his biggest asset.

Oh yeah, youre definitely right. He's a way beter LB prospect than DE. But i was thinking we can draft him and coach him up to play DE, if not you can still play him at LB. Just a thought.