Emmitt thomas should be gone after this season

Zenduke

I think it's time for Thomas to pack his bags. here's why

1. How is it possible that after all these years our CB's still have no clue when it comes to turning their head. Every game that's played you hear how a WR. made a good catch in good coverage. The guys can cover. They just don't turn their heads to find the ball. Even the announcers during the Giants game saw that the coverage was good and that if they turned their head they would be able to make a real play on the ball.

2. Why is it that when ever we get a FA or traded CB in it takes them FOREVER to learn the defense. (The only exception was Williams due to being in Smith's defense before) Foxworth and Hill needed at least 8 weeks to get the defense down. These guys aren't rookies! Sure the zone defense may be a little hard to learn but how tough is it to play man on the guy infront of you. Man coverage is man coverage.

3. How many times have we seen a busted coverage happen and the reciever is WIDE open. A whole mess of times you see the CB's taking on the wrong guy or reading the WRs wrong.

4. Owens.....Is he a bust or what? I've rarely seen him on the field. He seems to have the gifts....How many teams drafted a CB and have him playing on opening day. Why does it take so long for a rookie to get on the field? Is he that bad? I don't know.

I realize that he doesn't have a great crop to work with but....I can't believe that turning your head is that hard. Even ex-players noticed it and said something to the fact that turning their head is a minor task compared to everything else. it's not a "either you can or you can't" trait

We need a change. I'm tired of seeing us get passed on for over 300 yards every game

I think it's time for Thomas to pack his bags. here's why

1. How is it possible that after all these years our CB's still have no clue when it comes to turning their head. Every game that's played you hear how a WR. made a good catch in good coverage. The guys can cover. They just don't turn their heads to find the ball. Even the announcers during the Giants game saw that the coverage was good and that if they turned their head they would be able to make a real play on the ball.

Houston is the only one doing that everyone else plays the ball pretty well.

2. Why is it that when ever we get a FA or traded CB in it takes them FOREVER to learn the defense. (The only exception was Williams due to being in Smith's defense before) Foxworth and Hill needed at least 8 weeks to get the defense down. These guys aren't rookies! Sure the zone defense may be a little hard to learn but how tough is it to play man on the guy infront of you. Man coverage is man coverage.

It takes certain players more time to adjust to the new scheme.

3. How many times have we seen a busted coverage happen and the reciever is WIDE open. A whole mess of times you see the CB's taking on the wrong guy or reading the WRs wrong.[b]I agree with you here. I would rather our corners play a physical bump and run style to wear down opposing receivers. Everytime i see our corners give a 5 or more yard cushion on 3rd downs I get a sick feeling in my stomach.

4. Owens.....Is he a bust or what? I've rarely seen him on the field. He seems to have the gifts....How many teams drafted a CB and have him playing on opening day. Why does it take so long for a rookie to get on the field? Is he that bad? I don't know.

We won't know until we see him play. He didn't look that good in Preseason.

I realize that he doesn't have a great crop to work with but....I can't believe that turning your head is that hard. Even ex-players noticed it and said something to the fact that turning their head is a minor task compared to everything else. it's not a "either you can or you can't" trait

We need a change. I'm tired of seeing us get passed on for over 300 yards every game

Patience my man. At least we aren't the Browns.

Edited by DavyDmx