The reason the Saints are 10-0

hog85

Really? :rolleyes:

Rush Defense

19 New Orleans Saints 10 20.4 204 254 25.4 1,157 4.6 115.7 12 68T 67 26.4 6 2 3

Well were ranked high in secound half rush defense. We've given up yards in the first half the last few games. And most of those on a few plays. But not the whole game and not in the secound half of the game.

Gee its a shame they count the 1st half of games? Because the good teams play both halfs...remember we beat you in the second half 13-7! That's why they count both halves silly?

Ok? In the first half of games:

Saints- 28

Detroit- 10

Saints- 17

Eagles- 13

Saints- 10

Bills- 7

Saints- 17

Jets- 3

Saints- 34

Giants- 17

Saints- 10

Dolphins- 24

Saints- 28

Falcons- 14

Saints- 6

Panthers- 17

Saints- 14

Rams- 14

Saints- 17

Bucs- 7

The Saints have scored 172 points in the first half, and allowed 126 points. I'd say that's a good first half team, actually that's a great first half team? But I'll stick with my original comments, games are won in the second half, not the first half.

You say the good teams play both halfs, and that I agree with. But the great teams play the first half, make adjustments, and then dominate the second half. That's why the Saints are ahead of the competition.

PS- Cut back on the smiley obsession, it adds nothing to your posts and does nothing but make people have to go back and delete all of your smileys because there are too many.

That's basically what I'm saying. Right now you have gotten away with it up to this point. The question is will that be enough in the NFCCG, possibly the SB? Those will be teams as good and as thirsty as the saints. It remains to be seen? As far as how good the saints have been? I can't argue the numbers or the wins this season because they have been stellar!

When we get Big Sed back (Monday) I'd expect that to die down a bit. If you look at all the big runs we've given up, it's due to cutback lanes. Big Sed eats up blocks and lets the LBers run free.

On another note, Tracy Porter practiced yesterday, how much is not known. That is great to see.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

They're 10-0 ONLY because the BUCS are managed by a bunch of egghead fools that know little or nothing about true NFL talent.:rolleyes:

Put our old defense up against them and they'd be lucky to score 10 points.;)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

While I agree with that jb, aren't you just asking for nola to reply to this comment? You know, the past is the past... :rolleyes:

That's very true.......BUT if we had some people in management that had the slightest clue and were willing to spend a few bucks (pun intended) we would have been working on replacing Lynch, Sapp, Brooks, Rice, Quarles & Barber. Take away Ronde Barber and we don't have ONE single player that brings their type of impact to the game and he what 60 years old? Talib and Jackson could end up being special on a team that carries more talent around them.

What's frustrating for me is I LOVE GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY. As a defense, to be able to impose your will on another team is 10 times more exciting to me than to ring up 48 points a game.

For the last 13 years or so we've been that type of team and to see it go up in smoke like this due to extremely poor talent and fiscal management is most disappointing.

They're 10-0 ONLY because the BUCS are managed by a bunch of egghead fools that know little or nothing about true NFL talent.:rolleyes:

Put our old defense up against them and they'd be lucky to score 10 points.;)

That great defense didn't keep us to ten points then either.

U know y were ten n o. Because we r better than those other ten teames.

The bucs suck. The panties suck. The falcons suck.