I kind of feel bad...

Falcons23384

It's too bad that he didn't retire last year. If he had, he would've gone out as the hero of the Falcons, winning the Chicago and Tampa Bay games single handedly. Now he's most likely going to get cut and most certainly won't be back next year, but will always be remembered as "the guy" that cost us games instead of a hero for the team.

It's too bad that he didn't retire last year. If he had, he would've gone out as the hero of the Falcons, winning the Chicago and Tampa Bay games single handedly. Now he's most likely going to get cut and most certainly won't be back next year, but will always be remembered as "the guy" that cost us games instead of a hero for the team.

Sadly many of these kickers who were at one time heros eventually turn into goats. I don't feel bad for these guys. There is a ton of pressure for them to make maybe two kicks in a game and they get to do it for 10 to 20 years or so if they are good. I'm sure he's got enough bankrolled over the years to hide out on a secluded island if he actually cares what people think.

Until I saw the daggers he shot at Koenen after both of the chip shot misses I might have agreed with you.

Not now.

He looks like an azz doing that. I have no sympathy for him.

He gets paid millions to make the kicks not miss them. How many points has he lost us. If I remember right if he had made the last FG he missed we would have been down by 4 not 7 in the Giants game. The TD at the end would have won the game. Not tied it.

Edited by Zenduke

This is how it is for kickers. If you cut him, he'll just get signed again. He might even be awesome wherever he goes. Kicking is all mental. Elam probably needs a new environment to kick better. Here, the pressure of all his missed kicks is backed up behind every new one. Somewhere else, he's the new guy who who's replacing the guy who sucked. That team gets a good new kicker, and the Falcons get a good new kicker. Everyone wins.

Why does everyone forget the chip shot he missed in the Chicago game to put us in a situation where 1 score could beat us?

:lol: Right? It's like the passenger of a car grabbing the steering wheel and veering you off the road then right back on saying "I just saved your life!"

I really do feel bad for the guy. In terms of body of work he is certainly one of the better ones. Maybe it's a tweak of his leg, maybe he's just in a funk. I can't be mad at him because it's not like he's going out there and WANTS to kick em all left. He wants to hit those FGs more than you or I want him to. And I'm all for having faith in a veteran player to correct his mistakes. But once it gets to the point where we're down 7 and score a touchdown with under a minute to play...and instead of celebration, the very first thought that crosses my mind is We still haven't tied it yet... yeah that's a problem.

Until I saw the daggers he shot at Koenen after both of the chip shot misses I might have agreed with you.

Not now.

He looks like an azz doing that. I have no sympathy for him.

100% agree.

Don't try and put blame on anyone else Mr.Elam. You have one job and one job only, and that is to kick between those big yellow things. DO YOUR JOB.

That seems to be the case with many athletes. They just can't accept the fact they don't have it anymore.