Possible NEW Def. Coord.

matt marshall

I was trying to think of some good defensive coordinators/coaches that could come in for UGA...

**** Bumpas (DC at TCU...idk if he moves tough, he might get the HC job if Patterson leaves...)

Kirby Smart (but then again, why would he leave?)

Will Muschamp (again...why would he leave?)

Al Groh - (he's probably gonna be fired from UVA...he was a DC for the Jets and the Patriots...idk)

Tommy West - (fired from Memphis...he was Head Coach at Clemson and also DC at South Carolina...thoughts?)

Tim Lewis - (NFL defensive back coach at Seattle Sea hawks...aggressive coach (something WE NEED)...

Jerry Gray - (NFL defensive back coach for Redskins...)

or someone no one has heard off?

Give your thoughts of who you want/think we get!!

Edited by matt marshall

I forgot to add I would like to see rodney garner as DC...he's aggresive, great recruiter, does give a **** about who is suppose to be better aka senior or not...(i.e. he played k. Weston over Adkins even tough we 'thought' Adkins was better)...

You really want the bag man running the show on defense?

Couple of names people have never heard of before probably, whom I think would be solid candidates:

Charlton Warren - Currently at Air Force. He is co-DC, recruiting coordinator, and secondary coach. He's a former Air Force player, has been at Air Force coaching for 5 years, 1st as co-DC. Defenses are regularly ranked high nationally (9th this year in total defense after having played teams like TCU, BYU, Utah, Minnesota, & Navy) in total defense and turnover margins (especially INTs). Playing Navy every year, he also has a good feel for the Paul Johnson style offense as well. ;) Selected as a part of the NFL's minority internship program, where he worked with the Houston Texans defensive staff during their training camp. Warren is originally from Atlanta, so he does have ties to the local area which may be enough to override the ties to the Air Force Academy. He might need a year or two before wearing the DC title in a big SEC program, wouldn't mind getting him in as our secondary coach if DC isn't an option.

Mike London - Currently HC of the Richmond Spiders (Sidburry's former HC). He's finishing his 2nd year as the Richmond HC. He has a lot of ties to Richmond, playing, graduating, and coaching on staff 3 times, finally as HC. He just signed an extension to 2014 as HC. Last year Richmond won the FCS and this year going into the playoffs, they are ranked #4 (they were a lower ranking last year). London has a lot of defensive coaching on his resume. A former DL coach at William & Mary, Boston College, and with the Houston Texans. He was also a DL coach, recruiting coordinator, and then DC at the University of Virginia over a 5 year span. It may take a lot to get him to leave Richmond. 2008 AFCA National Coach of the Year, 2008 Schutt Sports/American Football Monthly National Coach of the Year, 2008 Black Coaches Association Male Coach of the Year (beating out Pittsburgh Steelers HC Mike Tomlin).