Jerious Norwood vs. Chris Johnson (Titans)

Bring It

A year ago many were comparing our Jerious Norwood to Chris Johnson, Titans scat back.

Well, ANY comparison of these two is an INSULT to Johnson..........BIG TIME.

Take a look at what Johnson has done just in the past few weeks :

Week 8 - 24 carries for 228 yards

Week 9 - 25 carries for 135 yards

Week 10 - 26 carries for 132 yards

Week 11 - 29 carries for 151 yards

All this from a compact 5'11" - 200 lb. back.

Talk about DURABLE !!!!

Talk about an MVP candidate !!!!

Can you even IMAGINE Norwood producing 1/8 of these stats ???

After the 1st Quarter of week 8 he would be out..........with who knows what of an injury !!!

What a shame.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

CHRIS JOHNSON IS A BEAST

Word!

That guy knows how to lay a hat on the first guy to him and usually plows straight through like a hot knife through butter.

Where I love what Norwood brings to our offense he simply isn't this style of runner and tends to slip and fall a lot!

Edited by Goal Line D

Well it does seem like a silly comparison now. Chris Johnson is a beast. However, if Norwood had the opportunity to start somewhere and not be the #2 back, I would love to see his numbers. That and the fact that he could stay healthy the whole year.

jmo, but i don't believe he is capable of being a featured back. His best work is

done running outside the the nbrs and i don't believe he is durable enough to take the

pounding that Turner does. Norwood is a valuable commodity as an change of pace

back.

Comparable styles, but Chris Johnson is an absolute monster. He's probably one of the fastest RBs ever to play, and he has the ability to accelerate I am willing to say is better than Barry Sanders. The only thing Barry has on Johnson is field vision and Barry's unique ability to stop and change direction on a dime and get back to full speed again on the first step.

Comparable styles, but Chris Johnson is an absolute monster. He's probably one of the fastest RBs ever to play, and he has the ability to accelerate I am willing to say is better than Barry Sanders. The only thing Barry has on Johnson is field vision and Barry's unique ability to stop and change direction on a dime and get back to full speed again on the first step.

i think johnson is the best RB in the league...i'm so tired of hearing about Adrian Peterson and his purple companions

Norwood is a Falcon. When he returns he will

make a positive impact on our won lost record.

Your guy can't help us a bit. I am very pitiful

right now because I am missing me some Norwood.

I ain't looking on the other side of the fence

for somebody that appears to be better. Norwood

is out and who knows when he is coming back. It

is a definite void in my football enjoyment.

The biggest difference: durability.

Norwood can put up some nice numbers but he can't be in nearly as many plays.

Actually it a combination of vision, and smarts. Keep Warrick Dunn in mind. He's smaller than the both of them, yet has lasted long in the NFL. One thing that is difficult for a RB period, let alone a small RB. He knows how to avoid big hits. Norwood lacks vision, which is the big reason that he's not a starter.

Actually it a combination of vision, and smarts. Keep Warrick Dunn in mind. He's smaller than the both of them, yet has lasted long in the NFL. One thing that is difficult for a RB period, let alone a small RB. He knows how to avoid big hits. Norwood lacks vision, which is the big reason that he's not a starter.

Bull.

In related news, Justin Blaylock is not as good as Steve Hutchinson.

Stephen Nicholas is not as good as Demarcus Ware.

Chris Houston is not as good as Antoine Winfield.

Thomas DeCoud is not as good as Ed Reed.

Kroy Bierman is not as good as Julius Peppers.

Jason Elam is not as good as well.....insert name.

I mean......what the h*ll is the point! As it turns out, many, maybe all of the Falcons players, are not the very best at their positions. What is the use in pointing that out?

I still remember the day when the Falcons moved up to the 21st pick, I was praying for Chris Johnson but of course, we get Sam Baker.

I know people are going to say, well the team drafted based on needs based. Well the Falcons NEED 200 yards and 2 touchdowns every game also

Edited by RyanFalconMan

A year ago many were comparing our Jerious Norwood to Chris Johnson, Titans scat back.

Well, ANY comparison of these two is an INSULT to Johnson..........BIG TIME.

Take a look at what Johnson has done just in the past few weeks :

Week 8 - 24 carries for 228 yards

Week 9 - 25 carries for 135 yards

Week 10 - 26 carries for 132 yards

Week 11 - 29 carries for 151 yards

All this from a compact 5'11" - 200 lb. back.

Talk about DURABLE !!!!

Talk about an MVP candidate !!!!

Can you even IMAGINE Norwood producing 1/8 of these stats ???

After the 1st Quarter of week 8 he would be out..........with who knows what of an injury !!!

What a shame.

Why don't you just marry him then?