Why hasn't the FALCONS vs EAGLES game been moved to primetime?

GoodnightATL

The NFL's “flexible scheduling” plan was suppose ensure that the games with the most interest would be moved to a

primetime slot a this time of year... How is a game between two runaway division leaders of more interest then

a game between two wild-card contenders with what was once arguably the face of the NFL coming to play

his old team for the first time after incarceration NOT of more interest?!? Is this just me being a biased Falcons

fan???

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/24/vikings-cardinals-game-flexed-to-prime-time/

PS. my anger is in no way related to the fact that I live in England so want

every Falcons game on primetime so I can watch it on TV and not have to rely

on unreliable streams lol

Edited by R13jd

You really want the nation to see McNabb rip this secondary up? It's fine as it is.

True...with the way our secondary is playing, mcNabb will own us. Hopefully we win that game at home. If not the media will crown Vick as the conqueror who returned to his rightful home and won the game from Matty Ice.

Even if he was on the bench. The Nation should not see that crap.

The game will be hyped as Vick returning to Atlanta....but he's a non story in my eyes.

It's about the Eagles beat up secondary/LB corps (that can't cover a TE) going against the best ever....and it's about the Eagles passing attack vs the struggling Falcon secondary...

F-A-V-R-E

This is 100% the reason. The NFL is in love with Brett Favre. Last week on my DVR is said the Falcons vs Panthers on channel 5. I was so excited to see this game. It was a divisional battle, as well as a battle for a playoff push. And what do they do? A few hours before the game it changes to Vikings and Lions. A first place team against a last place team that is going nowhere. Absolute BS. I hate Brett Favre and the media love affair.

Edited by ConnFalcon

The game will be hyped as Vick returning to Atlanta....but he's a non story in my eyes.

It's about the Eagles beat up secondary/LB corps (that can't cover a TE) going against the best ever....and it's about the Eagles passing attack vs the struggling Falcon secondary...

Are you coming to the game?

I will never understand why some fans get so hyped up about being on national TV. I guarantee you every coach in the NFL would do nothing but Sunday afternoon games given the choice. Because you do realize that nothing but Sunday afternoon games would be optimal for best performance right? And isn't THAT what matters? Let the rest of the country watch us in the PLAYOFFS! B)

I will never understand why some fans get so hyped up about being on national TV. I guarantee you every coach in the NFL would do nothing but Sunday afternoon games given the choice. Because you do realize that nothing but Sunday afternoon games would be optimal for best performance right? And isn't THAT what matters? Let the rest of the country watch us in the PLAYOFFS! B)

I don't have direct TV, so when a game is on national TV I can watch it. That is why I get excited.

This is 100% the reason. The NFL is in love with Brett Favre. Last week on my DVR is said the Falcons vs Panthers on channel 5. I was so excited to see this game. It was a divisional battle, as well as a battle for a playoff push. And what do they do? A few hours before the game it changes to Vikings and Lions. A first place team against a last place team that is going nowhere. Absolute BS. I hate Brett Favre and the media love affair.

All that aside - it is a great story. He's been in the league 19 years and never missed a start since being named the starter. He holds so many records it is not funny - and he is arguably playing his best year ever at the age of 40.

It's a story.

All that aside - it is a great story. He's been in the league 19 years and never missed a start since being named the starter. He holds so many records it is not funny - and he is arguably playing his best year ever at the age of 40.

It's a story.

Yea, I will take back the I hate Brett Favre as a player comment. (still just frustrated over the game change) It is really just the media affair. Fave is playing lights out this year at 40. Not sure but I think he has over 20 Tds and like 4 picks. That is amazing.

It's a story.

No doubt - completely agree

There were countless people saying that he was done and wouldn't make that big a difference.

Putting him with Brad Childress was a dangerous combo. Childress is a Reid disciple - and Reid was Favre's QB coach when he the Packers went to back-to-back Super Bowls. Childress absolutely knows Favre...and unlike Reid, he values the running game much more. Bad combination for opposing defenses..