Let's Take The Tampa Bay Game Seriously

Falcons0081

It's good that everybody feels this Tampa game is gonna be a pushover and that we should win easily. But before we proclaim victory, lets at first achieve victory. After our horrible defensive performance in N.Y., I'm not ready to proclaim victory just yet. Roddy White said that the Falcons had to win out the rest of the season to have a chance at the playoffs and control their own destiny. I believe him and Tampa is in full spoiler mode right now. So I'm just saying lets all take a deep breath, wait for the final whistle Sunday and then move on to Philly. One game at a time people!

You can be sure Smith will have his players prepared for anything as they are every single week. Do not worry about this team being lackadaisical or taking anything for granted. If we do not steam-roll the Bucs like the Saints did last weeks, (potentially) losing to the Bucs is the least of our worries as fans.

It's good that everybody feels this Tampa game is gonna be a pushover and that we should win easily. But before we proclaim victory, lets at first achieve victory. After our horrible defensive performance in N.Y., I'm not ready to proclaim victory just yet. Roddy White said that the Falcons had to win out the rest of the season to have a chance at the playoffs and control their own destiny. I believe him and Tampa is in full spoiler mode right now. So I'm just saying lets all take a deep breath, wait for the final whistle Sunday and then move on to Philly. One game at a time people!

Well since the schedule came out in the spring I've been saying, do not pencil these type games in. These are division games. They are dam hard to win folks. Trust me. I don't care how sorry the opponent is.

The Pirates will not lay down for us. They have enough weapons to end our season. Kinda like we did when we took a 5-11 team down to Tampa in 2003 and put em out of their misery.

Don't sleep on any NFL team. I learned that in 1967.

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

What is going to happen if I take the game lightly?

I wonder how many players and coaches read these boards. Maybe if the whole fanbase doesn't seem to take a game seriously, it encourages that mindset a little among the team. Granted, that's probably a miniscule thing.

I do think there's something about hubris that has a way of biting people in the as$, though, and I think that's a hard and firm reality about life. JMO. A whole fanbase with hubris always worries me.

I am looking forward to the Bucs game, for several reasons:

1. It's a home game, so I get to go, and there hasn't been much of that this year.

2. The throwback uniforms are awesome.

3. The Bucs have a terrible run defense, so Snelling is about to earn some national highlights, which is good for him cause he deserves it.

4. Jason Elam will probably only have to kick extra points.

5. The Bucs ALWAYS give us trouble. This year we JUST MIGHT make it look easy, though. Maybe.

I agree....but, I can GUARANTEE you falcon crew members are dead serious when they openly make statements like ....we HAVE to win it all from here!! & TRUST ME! with GOD'S blessing we can have a perfect ending to this season.

It's not over til it's over! Go Falcons!!