Calling Falcons Draft Class of 2009

Money Lee

Seriously, I understand Jerry and Moore got hurt, but aside from a few snaps from Sidbury and Walker weeks ago, did the Falcons secretly release the rest of their draft picks?????

The Defense stinks, the draft was focused on D, yet none of them are anywhere to be found.

To think that a 3rd round pick at CB cannot even challenge the likes of Houston, Grimes, Jackson or Hill is troubling.

What the EFF is goin on????

Seriously, I understand Jerry and Moore got hurt, but aside from a few snaps from Sidbury and Walker weeks ago, did the Falcons secretly release the rest of their draft picks?????

The Defense stinks, the draft was focused on D, yet none of them are anywhere to be found.

To think that a 3rd round pick at CB cannot even challenge the likes of Houston, Grimes, Jackson or Hill is troubling.

Jerry is a beast and would be dominating right now if he wasn't out for the year and Moore was playing well before he went down a few weeks ago. At our draft spot, I'm not sure that you could expect much more than our top 2 (and Gonzo for the 2nd pick) being playmakers right away.

Our last 2 drafts have been really good if not "great"; I'm leaning to great. If we can pick up a free agent kicker, CB (Carlos Rogers maybe) and possibly a RT, we can be a very, very good team next year. That is assuming that we have no major injuries that sideline major players for the year again.

Jerry is a beast and would be dominating right now if he wasn't out for the year and Moore was playing well before he went down a few weeks ago. At our draft spot, I'm not sure that you could expect much more than our top 2 (and Gonzo for the 2nd pick) being playmakers right away.

Our last 2 drafts have been really good if not "great"; I'm leaning to great. If we can pick up a free agent kicker, CB (Carlos Rogers maybe) and possibly a RT, we can be a very, very good team next year. That is assuming that we have no major injuries that sideline major players for the year again.

The 2008 draft is one of the best in NFL history. The 2009 draft still has potential, but it hinges on Jerry and Moore bouncing back. It could turn out to be a great draft because I think Walker, Sidbury, and Owens are going to be players. The 2009 draft could still seriosly be the foundation for our defense in the future, we just don't know yet.

It's time to pick up a few key free agents on defense it worked wonders for the Saints.

A couple to look at in the offseason, with Vick coming off our cap.

OLB Thomas Davis - Carolina - Would love to pair him with Lofton & Nicholas.

CB Richard Marshall - Carolina

CB Leigh Bodden - New England

CB Carlos Rogers - Washington

DE Mark Anderson - Chicago

DE Aaron Kampmann - Green Bay

DE Elvis Dumervil - Denver

WR Vincent Jackson - San Diego - I know spending this kind of money on another WR with our D needing so many pieces is a pipe dream. But could you imagine adding Jackson to Turner, White with Douglas in the slot and Gonzalez at TE ? Our offense would be what we thought it should be this year.

Then of course Peppers is out there as a FA as well, but I don't think there is any way we spend the kind of money he's going to demand.

I really doubt we pick up much of anything in FA to be honest, but these are some of the guys I would be interested in pursuing.

WR Vincent Jackson - San Diego - I know spending this kind of money on another WR with our D needing so many pieces is a pipe dream. But could you imagine adding Jackson to Turner, White with Douglas in the slot and Gonzalez at TE ? Our offense would be what we thought it should be this year.

Then of course Peppers is out there as a FA as well, but I don't think there is any way we spend the kind of money he's going to demand.

I really doubt we pick up much of anything in FA to be honest, but these are some of the guys I would be interested in pursuing.

As long as we get AT LEAST one good veteran CB, I would be happy. I want Dunta Robinson or Bodden.

You may disagree, but I really think that we need a RG and a RT but would be happy if we could get a solid RT and a servicable RG.

We have one stellar draft class and all of a sudden that becomes the norm? Don't forget our two top draft picks are on injured reserve.

However I do not know why Sid the Kid is getting zero playing time, dude has talent.

You may disagree, but I really think that we need a RG and a RT but would be happy if we could get a solid RT and a servicable RG.

imo we already have a more than servicable RG. Heck both are 'servicable"....or even more than that.

I would love to get a dominating RT and OC. I think RT is our biggest weakness.

Dahl is a manimal, just gets a few too any penalties sometimes.

we complain about our line sometimes, but it is still one of the best lines the team ever has had, and Ryan is among the least sacked QBs in the NFL last 2 years, and we have a top rusher those years as well. Thinking of what we had there befor this line makes me happy to have whats there now, but there is always room to get better.

I am just glad we FINALLY have the left side of the line sealed up. It seems like forever since we could say that. At least 10 years or so.