TAMPA FIRES WORTHLESS DC

What good would that do? BVG is already getting as much out of those guys as he can. Building an elite defense takes time and with the amount of injuries his squad has taken it's a miracle that we still have a chance at a playoff spot. Trust me when he gets the pieces he needs to field a Gritz Blitz 2.0 defense narrow minded fans like you won't have anything negative to contribute to this board.

What good would that do? BVG is already getting as much out of those guys as he can. Building an elite defense takes time and with the amount of injuries his squad has taken it's a miracle that we still have a chance at a playoff spot. Trust me when he gets the pieces he needs to field a Gritz Blitz 2.0 defense narrow minded fans like you won't have anything negative to contribute to this board.

I we constantly settle with only drafting players and not signing any then it will take much longer than it should. To think you can stick an entire secondary of "maybes" out there and contend w/o a pass rush is crazy.

Agreed.

Who can argue that our defense isn't worse and hasn't in fact regressed the past two seasons under BVG?. I won't argue about our lack of talent but with the players we have the evidence in convincing and overwhelming that our entire defense (especially the DL and DB's) is worse today than last season, and any good coach and leader should be getting improvement out of the players he coaches, not regression.

That's the basic, fundamental assessment of a coach, manager or leader--is he getting the best from his players and are they progressing, regardless of their talent level? The answer for the Falcon's defense is clearly obvious. Our defense, across the board, has actually regressed this season and that's on the coaches.

Defensively broad thinking would be hold out 6 or 10 years for that top ten draft and pick up whatever position you need that year till finally you have ten years of first round draft picks on your defense. Then call yourself Gritz Blitz 2.0 which you didnt know about till best **** sports show, did one of those best **** top 1000 irrelevent facts from 40 years ago.

I would not say its our DC fault. I would fire our OC before we fire our DC. At least our DC is trying his best with a secondary that is not really talented.

Plenty of times in Sundays game our guys were in the right place in coverage but they fail to turn their head to make a play on the ball *cough* Houston *cough*.

Edited by malk

I think if Tampa's Defense is ranked higher than our Defense when they relieved him, perhaps we should take the time to consider the same. Lack of talent cannot cover this guy for everything. It's a known fact that if your secondary is lacking-you attack the quarterback! How many times have we seen that this year???

Dialing up schemes that do not answer to our player's strengths is all on him, not our players.

That said, our secondary aren't making things any better so we have to consider that it may be a combination of both perspectives? Is that concept so hard to grasp? Or does it have to be one or the other?

Edited by GuerillaOntology

Our Defense is giving up an average of 279.5 yards per game, can't blame the CB's for everything. BVG should know that we have to bring some heat on the QB to disrupt the passing game, for the most part, or blitz package is non-existent. This has to be on BVG, it's hard to deny.

I'm not exactly a big Brian VanGorder fan myself, but this talk of dumping BVG in mid season is made by a bunch of morons who know they will never be called on to take responsibility for what they advocate. Get real guys.

If BVG is dumped, what do you think his replacement (either someone from outside the Falcons organization or some assistant coach promoted) going to do? Wave a magic wand and turn Houston and Grimes into pro-bowl quality corners? The sad fact is with 2/3 of the games now played the Falcons - and every other team in the NFL - are now committed to go the distance with the personnel on hand today.

Would I be sad to see VanGorder dismissed at the end of the season? Not too much. But I'm not quite as down on BVG as some others. We all knew at the beginning of the season that the Falcons defense - especially the secondary - was a big question mark. Well, it's not a question mark any more.

Heck with it - just get to 9-7 this season and we'll work from there.

Apples and oranges. Their defense is MUCH worse than the Falcons, and they tried to change to a scheme their team wasn't built for. Also, before you give so much credit to the coach, he is the same guy that brought both the offensive and defensive coordinators in that he has now fired and demoted respectively.

That would make sense if this defense had talent.

Babineaux, Peterson, and Lofton.

That is IT, everyone else is either none existent or they just suck ***.

Decoud , Nicholas , Coleman ,Jerry before he went out-there's some talent here, not enough, particularly on the Dline and secondary.

I would not say its our DC fault. I would fire our OC before we fire our DC. At least our DC is trying his best with a secondary that is not really talented.

Plenty of times in Sundays game our guys were in the right place in coverage but they fail to turn their head to make a play on the ball *cough* Houston *cough*.

That's true, unfortunately, they also acted like the TE had a contagious disease they had to avoid...

And for the people complaining about lack of blitzes, watch the game again- they did blitz, they just didn't get there.

You don't fire coaches mid year and expect to improve.