Michael Jenkins would have likely been Goat of the Week says SI's Peter King

FalconMama

f. Michael Jenkins would have been the Goat of the Week were it not for Hank Poteat tackling Calvin Johnson in the end zone in Detroit. Jenkins dropped a perfect pass in the end zone from Matt Ryan that likely would have won the game for Atlanta at the Giants.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/11/22/Week11/4.html#ixzz0XjgJXIMn

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Peter King was on 790 the zone a couple of weeks ago....He said that he has heard that the FO is very low on Jenkins now... He also said that he has heard from a source that WR is one of the positions we will add a guy (in the draft).

Harry Douglas can be a #2 WR in this league.... I think he would have been one this year if the injury didn't happen.

This draft has allot of talented WR's .

i love Jenks, and think he is simply slumping - but we could always use another WR. I think Harry is already good enough to be a #2, but he is sooooo good in the slot

.....that's what she said, i know

i'm sorry, but i don't think he's slumping...he just sucks.

he was bad in 04, 05, 06, 07 and 09. his only good season imo, was last year.

Jenkins is pulling a Perless Price on us. Got his new contract and is now milking us. He has and never will live up to being a first round pick and the new contract. What a waste of cap space and a roster spot.

Peerless Price actually produced something to get his contract. not only did he have a 1000 yard season, he also had a 100 yard game lol

I hope we don't waste a high draft pick on a WR. I would rather us fix this defense than do that.

Trust me... Defense will come first (early in the draft and FA).... We wont take a WR early in the draft... We don't need to tho... this draft have some very talented WR's(4th round...maybe 3rd)....

i love Jenks, and think he is simply slumping - but we could always use another WR. I think Harry is already good enough to be a #2, but he is sooooo good in the slot

.....that's what she said, i know

lol he's the same sucky WR he was his 1st 4 years, his average season last year was a fluke and he still wasn't that impressive. The guy is not slumping he just came back down to earth.

If we draft a WR, it's gonna be the 5th round at the earliest IMO....OLB, CB, DE, and RT are bigger needs. If WR is picked after that, then I will be cool with it.

it doesn't just go by position, it's also by players available too. Just because we need those positions don't mean we need to draft an unworthy player early. and i'm pretty sure some of those will be addressed in FA like always.

it doesn't just go by position, it's also by players available too. Just because we need those positions don't mean we need to draft an unworthy player early. and i'm pretty sure some of those will be addressed in FA like always.

Yeah i know that man. A vet CB will be addressed in FA, but we are still gonna need a CB to potentially start opposite of him. Grimes is gonna be a FA, Owens has had no playing time yet(I believe he will get his shot though since I think TD drafted him to eventually start) Houston is so inconsistent, Jackson is a nickel CB, and Hill is getting hardly any playing time right now.

If we draft a WR, it's gonna be the 5th round at the earliest IMO....OLB, CB, DE, and RT are bigger needs. If WR is picked after that, then I will be cool with it.

I'm hoping for CB over 5'9", CB over 5'9", CB over 5'9", OLB, (kicker in the 6th or 7th). Maybe we'll get lucky and one of those CBs can play alongside Williams or another FA CB we pick up.

You know, it's a pretty sad day when we can't even rip on Grimes anymore.

celtik

Jenkins was really good last year and the first part of this year. Seems when Roddy found his stride - Jenks lost his. It hurts because Finn is hurt as well.

One thing I noticed was the Jenkins miss made the C'mon Man segment (not the Monday night version, though)

Peter King was on 790 the zone a couple of weeks ago....He said that he has heard that the FO is very low on Jenkins now... He also said that he has heard from a source that WR is one of the positions we will add a guy (in the draft).

Harry Douglas can be a #2 WR in this league.... I think he would have been one this year if the injury didn't happen.

This draft has allot of talented WR's .

They should be low on him. Wow. I can't believe we're shooting for another WR in the next draft. TD must be really high on few WRs in this draft.