Weems to see more oppritunities in the Offense

Falcons0081

I haven't understood why since Douglas went down that Weems hasn't become the slot receiver. He has the same attributes. I just don't get it.

I know. I thought that was the plan. I know MM loved Douglas, but it's like he through out any play designed around his skills. I think Weems could be very (or should have been) fairly effective in that role this year.

I haven't understood why since Douglas went down that Weems hasn't become the slot receiver. He has the same attributes. I just don't get it.

I think they needed him pretty badly in the return game and Jenkins looked good at the beginning of the year.

They were using more tight end sets to help with the protections against the tough defenses we have faced.

For whatever reason, Jenkins has really seemed to lose focus over the past few games - and is becoming more of a liability.

This might be Weems chance.

I think they needed him pretty badly in the return game and Jenkins looked good at the beginning of the year.

They were using more tight end sets to help with the protections against the tough defenses we have faced.

For whatever reason, Jenkins has really seemed to lose focus over the past few games - and is becoming more of a liability.

This might be Weems chance.

Outside of last year though it's pretty much the standard for him. He'll look good for a few weeks, then he'll hit a stretch where he looks bad. I don't understand it.

Yep. I don't know if it is a loyalty thing, or a failure to recognize issue. Either way, needs to be addressed.

Then Elam clearly has donated a kidney to someone in Smitty or Dimitroff's family.

During coach Smith's press conference on the N.Y. game coach Smith took note of Weems TD catch and stated that he could possibly see more opportunities in the offense. I think Weems becomes the #2 guy before the season ends.

That's a tall order with 6 left but I think Weems is working his butt off and at the very least pushes Jenkins to be consistently better.

We rarely use 3 wr sets anyway

We used them seemingly the entire last 2 drives of the game yesterday and with great success. I'm hoping the coaching staff noticed that and it becomes a continued trend. Flat out, this offense operated better when we put more weapons out there for Matt Ryan.

hey may not get the 2 job, but he should definitely get looks in the slot. he's not as explosive as norwood or douglas IMO, but he is very explosive though.

i'll say this. i'd have more faith in him doing something positive with the ball in his hands than jenkins.

I still don't understand what Mularkey is thinking throwing WR screens to Jenkins. The guy never breaks any tackles or gets YAC and is slow as molasses. Out of all our players, JENKINS??????????????

I still don't understand what Mularkey is thinking throwing WR screens to Jenkins. The guy never breaks any tackles or gets YAC and is slow as molasses. Out of all our players, JENKINS??????????????

i've been wondering the same thing cwell. jenkins is NOT brandon marshall. he isn't going to do anything with those screens. he falls down after he catches the ball more times than not.

send those to roddy or weems. roddy always does a good job with the screen passes.

there's no hope for Jenkins, he just doesn't have what it takes, physically and mentally.

He did pull out 3 first down catches and some other nice ones. I do agree with you though. He has mental lapses with the easy catches, he's not agressive enough to go up and fight for the ball, and he still has rookiesque moments to where he doesn't shielf off the DB when the ball is in flight. I was mainly talking about swapping Weems for Jenkins this year. Weems still has his raw moments but the dude seems to work hard. The only problem in the future is if Weems is the #2 then you don't really want him return kicks and punts. Hopefully Douglas comes back 100% next year which is iffy with ACL's but that should mix things up a little bit. I think the only reason Jenkins got a new contract was to retain some consistency in the receiving personnel as Ryan develops. Good thing TD didn't give up the big guaranteed money.