Cut Elam

SJFalcons

Why should the falcons be sticking by Elam? History has nothing to do with current abilities and Elam has been missing consistently easy kicks. You could goto any large college campus have open tryouts and find several people who consistently make 40 and under but Elam is 5/10 for 30-49 yards. He has lost us games this season and possibly already cost us the playoffs. Enough is enough hire some nobody as he couldnt possibly do worse.

I've read stories that he is strong in practice hence the coaches are behind him.

I will say it again: It doesn't matter if you can hit 150 consecutive 50 yard field goals everyday in practice, and miss the ones that count-we will lose the game. Practice Field Goals do not win NFL football games.

Elam has served us well, and we appreciate it, but the time has come to part company.

Honestly, I would be willing to roll the dice on some Arena League kickers at this point.

If Elam was the problem I would agree. It's the timing between the long snapper, the holder and the kicker that is off.

He had this problem with the "old" long snapper. It's Elam, not the hold, the snap which has been perfect from all camera angles, the goal post moving, the wind, sun in his eyes, dry eye, or whatever excuse anyone can come up with. Even Elam has said he doesn't have the reason.....

Time to move on as 3 out of 5 games could mean a winning season or playoff slot vs sitting at home due to some **** curse. If we can get new CBs, RBs, etc - why not a kicker?