Switch the defense to 3-4 NEXT YEAR ..

Take a look at some of the most successful defenses in the league most are 3-4 defense.

We can cut ties with Abraham. We can give Anderson one year at end along with Perria Jerry who could be a good fit at DE he has the body .. Thomas Johnson can man the middle..

4 LBS ..Lofton and Peterson inside.. We can stand up Bierman on passing situations on one side and Stephen Nicholos on the other..We can get ways to put Sidbury on the field.

3-4 will also allow the safetys to drop back more in coverage and focus on passing situations. A guy like Decoud could shine in this situation where he doesnt have to worry about dropping down to play the run as much and we can allow him to be a ball hawk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at some of the most successful defenses in the league most are 3-4 defense.

We can cut ties with Abraham. We can give Anderson one year at end along with Perria Jerry who could be a good fit at DE he has the body .. Thomas Johnson can man the middle..

4 LBS ..Lofton and Peterson inside.. We can stand up Bierman on passing situations on one side and Stephen Nicholos on the other..We can get ways to put Sidbury on the field.

3-4 will also allow the safetys to drop back more in coverage and focus on passing situations. A guy like Decoud could shine in this situation where he doesnt have to worry about dropping down to play the run as much and we can allow him to be a ball hawk

So where does our most consistent lineman, Babineaux, fit into this brilliant plan, sir? lol.

I actually think our personnel is a better fit for the 3-4 right now.

DE - Babs, JA, Perry

DT - Johnson, JA, Draft

MLB - Peterson, Lofton, Gilbert

OLB - Sid, Nich, Beer, Moore

SS - Moore, Coleman

FS - DeCoud, Coleman

DB - FA, FA, Draft, Jackson, Owens

so swift I would be on board except neither our DC or HC have ever ran as a primary lineup

We will need to totally revamp our defensive personnel. I don't see it happening with the players we have now.

All we would need to do is revamp the DT position and get a monster in the middle.

We have the LBS that can play 3-4. Peterson and Lofton inside will do damage

Nicholos is a perfect fit for OLB in that scheme and we can use Sidbury like the Cowboys use Ware

DE - Babs, JA, Perry

DT - Johnson, JA, Draft

SS - Moore, Coleman

FS - DeCoud, Coleman

so swift I would be on board except neither our DC or HC have ever ran as a primary lineup

lol, I like your DB depth chart.

DE - Babs, JA, Perry

DT - Johnson, JA, Draft

SS - Moore, Coleman

FS - DeCoud, Coleman

boom good post ..

Well thats the key we need to bring in a guy that has 3-4 knowledge and knows the in and out of scheme

Do I see that happening ..NO

Do I see any improvement next year if we dont change ..NO

Honest question-Do you think Smitty could make the call and make a Defensive Coaching change? Given the Elam situation, it almost seems that his loyalty to people overrides sound decision making on personnel. Perhaps I am wrong, but something is going on that keeps Elam employed. If loyalty is the answer, BVG cannot be replaced.