2nd Half : 94.5 QB Ratings - 4 drives, 4 scores

duncja

In the 2nd half, we had 4 drives, 3 TD's, 1 FG.

Matt Ryan went 20/35, 217 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INTs in the 2nd half. This includes starting 5/15 int he 3rd quarter. He went 15 for his last 20. There is no question he was playing lights out. If we would have won the coin toss, there is no doubt in my mind he would have lead us down field to score.

Our offense is young, but yesterday, on the road, in the cold, against a good team, they FINALLY clicked. That's without Turner too.

Realistically, our defense will prevent us from making too much real noise, but 10-6 is still very doable, possibly playoffs. One thing is for sure, we're finishing above .500 for the 2nd year in a row.

Oh yeah, and fire Elam and Chris Houston

I agree. Ryan looked like his old self in the 2nd half of this game. He came alive and showed the fire and ability to will the team back into it that we became so used to last year. Hopefully this is a sign of a late season surge and rejuvination of the the offense.

If we want any chance of a Playoff run we need to go 5-1 at worse the rest of the way.

I agree. Ryan looked like his old self in the 2nd half of this game. He came alive and showed the fire and ability to will the team back into it that we became so used to last year. Hopefully this is a sign of a late season surge and rejuvination of the the offense.

If we want any chance of a Playoff run we need to go 5-1 at worse the rest of the way.

Now is the time to do it. The hardest 2 games are against the Saints, and the Eagles. Both at home(Thank God). We played the Saints tough in New Orleans, so I feel better about that, and the Eagles a good team, but any team that gets beat by the Raiders is beatable.

The blocking was slightly better in my opinion... they were still getting an immense amount of pressure, Ryan made better decisions, stepping up into the pocket for sure. I'm bitter about Michael Jenkins dropping that sure TD, but in reality, he played a great game aside from that.

That was a 2nd half I really liked. So far this season our offense has struck early

and then fizzled. Now if we could just have that kind of performance for 4 quarters

Yep, we should be able to abuse the Bucs on Sunday. Help get into a rhythm before we get the Eagles and Saints.

Matt Ryan went 20/35, 217 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INTs in the 2nd half. This includes starting 5/15 int he 3rd quarter. He went 15 for his last 20. There is no question he was playing lights out. If we would have won the coin toss, there is no doubt in my mind he would have lead us down field to score.

Our offense is young, but yesterday, on the road, in the cold, against a good team, they FINALLY clicked. That's without Turner too.

Realistically, our defense will prevent us from making too much real noise, but 10-6 is still very doable, possibly playoffs. One thing is for sure, we're finishing above .500 for the 2nd year in a row.

My thoughts exactly, on top of firing Elam, and Houston, we need to light a fire under Jenkins *** somehow.

It looks like Matt hit the film on himself this week. Two things that were glaring to me in his recent slump: He was throwing way too high on virtually every pass, and he was dropping so deep that he had to throw it 10 yards just to get to the line of scrimmage. Looks like both of those things got fixed last week. I look forward to a strong second half from him now. I still project him at around 30 tds for the year

It looks like Matt hit the film on himself this week. Two things that were glaring to me in his recent slump: He was throwing way too high on virtually every pass, and he was dropping so deep that he had to throw it 10 yards just to get to the line of scrimmage. Looks like both of those things got fixed last week. I look forward to a strong second half from him now. I still project him at around 30 tds for the year

At his current pace, he is heading towards about 25, so if he comes out of this slump the next 6 games, he could hit 30.

I agree. If we had won that coin toss, the game was our. Matt was very hot at that point. It really sucks that we don't have a defense to depend on.

I agree. If we had won that coin toss, the game was our. Matt was very hot at that point. It really sucks that we don't have a defense to depend on.

Yep, 3 of 10 opponents have scored 30+ on us, 7 or more have scored 20+ on us.

Of the "contenders" in the NFC, the only team that has allowed more points than us is the Giants.

Another little tid bit I just saw, the Falcons are #3 in the NFC in touchdown's. Behind the Saints and Vikings.

This is exactly it Matt Ryan is doing fine!, might not be anything phenomenal but he is a good quarterback and I'm glad he is on the Falcons. Once we fix our CB's and safety situation by moving them around and playing different people at the same time, I have full faith that ATL will win at least 5 - 1 the rest of the season.

In the entire NFL, we're #5 in TD's. Saints, Vikings, Patriots, Colts, and Falcons.

Didn't know that. Very impressive. The weapons are clearly there, it's just a matter of consistency. (Case in point yesterday. To me, Matt had an amazing game. I would say that about any quarterback who had been slumping for five games and then turned in the second half and particularly the 4th quarter that he did. BUT, I also am a realist, and I understand that the second half heroics that make me say he had a great game would likely not have been necessary if it weren't for a shaky first half.)

The day that this offense starts playing with true consistency (week in and week out, as well as throughout a full game), well, watch out NFL!

Didn't know that. Very impressive. The weapons are clearly there, it's just a matter of consistency. (Case in point yesterday. To me, Matt had an amazing game. I would say that about any quarterback who had been slumping for five games and then turned in the second half and particularly the 4th quarter that he did. BUT, I also am a realist, and I understand that the second half heroics that make me say he had a great game would likely not have been necessary if it weren't for a shaky first half.)

The day that this offense starts playing with true consistency (week in and week out, as well as throughout a full game), well, watch out NFL!

I agree. I think with what we have now, we have a 8-8 to 10-6 team. We need to get consistent on offense, and better on defense. One way our offense will get better is if the defense can get them the ball more, and more often. Going out for a 6 minute drive, then not having it for 6-8 minutes because our defense can't get off the field does not help stay in a rhythm.

The blocking was slightly better in my opinion... they were still getting an immense amount of pressure, Ryan made better decisions, stepping up into the pocket for sure. I'm bitter about Michael Jenkins dropping that sure TD, but in reality, he played a great game aside from that.

Ryan stopped being a ***** and decided to be decisive.

He has not been playing as bad as people think but he has not been decisive at all the last couple of weeks.

The 2nd half of the game its as if he said " ahh **** it" and just let it go.

Ryan stopped being a ***** and decided to be decisive.

He has not been playing as bad as people think but he has not been decisive at all the last couple of weeks.

The 2nd half of the game its as if he said " ahh **** it" and just let it go.

Very true. He needs to keep that mentality for sure. The biggest concern the past 5 weeks or however long this slump has been was how quick he wanted to leave the pocket.

Yep, 3 of 10 opponents have scored 30+ on us, 7 or more have scored 20+ on us.

Of the "contenders" in the NFC, the only team that has allowed more points than us is the Giants.

Another little tid bit I just saw, the Falcons are #3 in the NFC in touchdown's. Behind the Saints and Vikings.

One reason why I think the defense gets too much crap is, of those 3, two had a full 2 weeks to study film and prepare....... when you give teams with the kind of offensive talent the the giants and cowboys have 2 weeks to prepare... and to have to play them on the road in two markets... yea you have to be nearly perfect. we were far far far far from it.

the other team the saints,... actually only scored 28 offensive points.

the other points came off of the BS non call of illegal contact that went for a TD.

Our defense while not great... yet, has risen up, they rose up the the 4th against the giants to even give the offense a chance, they rose up and shut down the saints in the second half to give the offense a chance, and they rose up in the 2nd half to give the falcons a chance against panthers.

If they can keep doing that, and Ryan can be as decisive as he was i the 2nd half.... we are not a team to be taken lightly.

Very true. He needs to keep that mentality for sure. The biggest concern the past 5 weeks or however long this slump has been was how quick he wanted to leave the pocket.

yup, he did that alot in the first half... pump fake then tried to take off.

I am hoping the switch went off.

The good news is the bucs defense is terrible so hopefully he can carry this over. and get more confidence.