Is there such a thing as a secondary coach..

Scorpion

If there is such a thing he needs to be fired because none of our CB's turn their heads when covering a receiver.. I can see if it was only Houston but none of them do it.

Yes there is..... and it's been the same guy since Dan Reeves was here.

If it makes you feel any better he is a Hall Of Famer...

You can teach it all you want, but if they don't actually do it then who's fault is that?

The problem yesterday wasn't turning the head around enough but playing out of position. There were too many moments when their receivers were running wild and open in our secondary. I always wonder why our receivers can't do the same thing. It would be nice to have a couple of feep throws.

Emmitt turned his head. On the one play where Houston

saw the ball he had no trouble at all making a play on

the ball. It looked very natural, he just extended his

arm an batted the ball away. The announcers made mention

that it was the first time any of our DB'S turned their

heads. It is going to cost them their jobs if they stubbornly

refuse to play the ball. We have to have some relief.

When none of the CB's make progress in 2 years I would blame that on coaching.

It's actually longer than that. Emmit's been here since Reeves was here.

The only corners I remember getting better was DeAngelo in his 2nd year... after that he seemed to regress... and Foxworth last year.

Of course we did have a year where Buchanon and Ambrose were playing great.... but the rest of the team was pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...

When none of the CB's make progress in 2 years I would blame that on coaching.

I agree, All these secondary players we drafted since Dan Reeves era sucked so i am gonna assume he sucks as a coach. It cant possibly be that all those players sucked, has to be something with the coaching. Even DHALL was descant at best...

I've been saying that Emmitt Thomas needs to go all season.

For some reason teams can get a rookie CB and have him ready to go by the first game. Our team however can't get Owens out there till the 10th game of the season ( becasue he wasn't ready. The same thing for Hill and Foxworth last year. )

We have consistantly had the worst secondary in the league and I refuse to think that turning your head is a uncoachable skill, even the announcers during a game made mention to this.

Edited by Zenduke

The funny thing is that Tye Hill turns his head perfectly every time, but he can't seem to make the play. Houston's probably like "coach Tye Hill turns his head and he is sitting on the bench because it doesn't work". This can't be helping with Houston.

Yes there is..... and it's been the same guy since Dan Reeves was here.

If it makes you feel any better he is a Hall Of Famer...

Then maybe he is teaching old school ?

It's obvious that we have problems here and I don't mind if it comes from confidence, agility, footwork, technics or whatever ... it has to be corrected and the position coach is the first one who is resposible to teach it.

I'd really like to know what the reason is ... Maybe we can have an interview with him ... I still trust our coachin staff.

It's actually longer than that. Emmit's been here since Reeves was here.

The only corners I remember getting better was DeAngelo in his 2nd year... after that he seemed to regress... and Foxworth last year.

Of course we did have a year where Buchanon and Ambrose were playing great.... but the rest of the team was pretty bad.

and it wasn't hard for Hall to improve in year 2. he was a top 10 pick that missed the 1st 6 games of hist career with a broken hip

Emmitt Thomas would be a hard coach to get rid of from a PR standpoint.

HOFer.

Intermed for us after Petrino.

Been here since Reeves.

Even Smitty made sure that he locked Thomas back in when he was signed.

He is obviously a popular guy at the Branch.

But the lack of improvement in the secondary can't be ignored.

Co-nun-drum.......

If there is such a thing he needs to be fired because none of our CB's turn their heads when covering a receiver.. I can see if it was only Houston but none of them do it.

I have thought this exact same thing. If none of our d-backs/bags no how to turn their heads and find the football, then obviously there is a problem with the coaching.