why are yall still talking playoffs?

Please tell me because im confused?? We lose 2 back to back games for the 2nd time this season, and people on this board are still talking about we can make the playoffs. We cant even win a game right now. We allow jake delhommie to look like a real QB, and eli gets almost 400 yards passing. Even if we sniffed the playoffs this year, it will be a early exit. Our defense sucks and will not hold up against another legit offense like playoffs team will be bringing. We have josh freeman up next. Who knows what could happen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me because im confused?? We lose 2 back to back games for the 2nd time this season, and people on this board are still talking about we can make the playoffs. We cant even win a game right now. We allow jake delhommie to look like a real QB, and eli gets almost 400 yards passing. Even if we sniffed the playoffs this year, it will be a early exit. Our defense sucks and will not hold up against another legit offense like playoffs team will be bringing. We have josh freeman up next. Who knows what could happen.

You are right, who knows what could happen. We could win the rest of our games and make the playoffs, or we could lose the rest of our games. Anything can happen at this point. If you want to be a negative nancy then go right ahead, but I don't find it that ridiculous that people are still talking playoffs.

because the "ya" you're talking about are fans of this team. fans should be optimistic and support the team. not like you and all the trolls ;)

troll im far from. you wouldnt know that with only 20 something post. Being optimistic is different from looking at reality. Stop living in la la land and get a grip and realize our defense would not survive in the playoffs. Its common sense if you have watched the past couple losses.

troll im far from. you wouldnt know that with only 20 something post. Being optimistic is different from looking at reality. Stop living in la la land and get a grip and realize our defense would not survive in the playoffs. Its common sense if you have watched the past couple losses.

Reality says we can still go 11-5, but if you wanna jump off the wagon now and go all negative and sh*t and then have at.

Maybe it's because we are one game out of the plaoffs. Besides, we are 4-0 at home and have 3 home games in a row. Has that occured to you?

You are right, who knows what could happen. We could win the rest of our games and make the playoffs, or we could lose the rest of our games. Anything can happen at this point. If you want to be a negative nancy then go right ahead, but I don't find it that ridiculous that people are still talking playoffs.

how can you be positive about this sorry defense when we have seen the past couple weeks how much they suck???Inconsistant, not aggressive enough, some playing zone, some playing man, are you serious..So basically you are ok with the way this defense is playing is what you and most of the posters are saying???WOW..

I didn't say you are a troll, but you are pessimistic like a troll. sorry can't start posting with 2000 and you were at 20 once, too.

I don't think that's reality you're looking at. you said "we can't even win a game right now", but we're 5-5 and nearly won agaisnt the giants. I'm not happy about the loss, either, but to think we can not win is dumb.

edit: we have the toughest schedule in the league and I think that's why we lost some games, but we were ofter very close to a win, showed hard and played well. injuries didn't help either. So I think this is still a very good team and I think we can go to the playoffs.

Edited by dunn44

how can you be positive about this sorry defense when we have seen the past couple weeks how much they suck???Inconsistant, not aggressive enough, some playing zone, some playing man, are you serious..So basically you are ok with the way this defense is playing is what you and most of the posters are saying???WOW..

Ok clearly you need some help with your reading comprehension skills. I did not say I was happy with this defense. They are playing pretty bad no doubt. BUT, we are 5-5 right now and the season is not over. We have some favorable matchups coming our way, and we have some home games. The point I am trying to make is you can't rule the team out yet becuase there is alot of football to be played. We have to get hot a the right time and make a run. Look at the 08 Cardinals.

our defense not being able to stop opposing offenses, has that occured to you???

Apparently, they stopped enough for us to have 5 wins. And we have been in every single game this year. As bad as our defense has been, we have a team that competes from start to finish, and we have not been blown out once. The way we played yesterday tells alot about the heart and desire this team has to win. I think we can achieve alot in these next 3 games. Our defense plays much better at the Dome. 8-5 going into the last three games is not out of the question.

our defense not being able to stop opposing offenses, has that occured to you???

It was ugly yesterday. Really ugly. At this point in time, it certainly appears that our D is not yet ready to make a push in the play-offs.

But I see no reason for people not to even TALK play-offs. The Falcons need to act like their season is starting again. We went 4-1 to start. We need to go 5-1 (at least) now.

It's doable, defensive woes or not. And that's reason enough for people to discuss it.

well the defense was good enough to give the offense the chance to win the game. with elam making that kick and jenkins catching that touchdown pass we would have won. So we can't win games with that defense? why would it be a win with that kick/catch?

I am as optimistic as the rest of the die hard falcon fans are. Really guys we needed this game. I don't go for the scenarios of who wins what. We have to take care of our own business. Then let the chips fall where they may. We have to win the games we are supposed to win. Right now Tampa is playing well. They have nothing to lose. They know they stink this season. They can play spoiler to us. They have done it before. Right now we are not a team with a killer instinct that can win a wild card game.

Ok clearly you need some help with your reading comprehension skills. I did not say I was happy with this defense. They are playing pretty bad no doubt. BUT, we are 5-5 right now and the season is not over. We have some favorable matchups coming our way, and we have some home games. The point I am trying to make is you can't rule the team out yet becuase there is alot of football to be played. We have to get hot a the right time and make a run. Look at the 08 Cardinals.

bad comparison..our defense and the cardinals defense are not even worth talking about in the same sentence. yes we have alot of football to be played, but the point im trying to make is the offense is not going to be able to bail the defense out all the time, especially in the playoffs.

bad comparison..our defense and the cardinals defense are not even worth talking about in the same sentence. yes we have alot of football to be played, but the point im trying to make is the offense is not going to be able to bail the defense out all the time, especially in the playoffs.

Ok, and your point is taken. I can't fault you on your opinion. Regardless of how crappy our defense is playing, I just feel like we have a chance to get hot and make a run.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Gave you a plus one to make up a little for the negatives- not because I agree completely with your assessment, but you're not a troll, just a frustrated fan.

But, Falcons just played 6 out of 8 on the road, four against bye week teams. If Turner stays healthy, Falcons are 6-4 or 7-3. When this O is clicking, it can cover up alot of mistakes.

Falcons have half their home games left- and they're 11-1 at home under Smith- the road games are against sub 500 teams with Rookie QBs- they should be fine.

Yeah, there are problems on D, but they play much better at home as well.

We're talking about playoffs because they can still get there.

We're 5-5 right now. We still have the Bucs twice, I'm not gonna call those automatics but I believe we can take both of those, which gives us 7 wins. Now, we still have Phili and NO at home, and we're a really good home team so far in the Mike Smith era, so I do think we can reasonably believe we can win those, so 9 wins. I also believe the Jets are coming apart at the seams, and we take that one as well, so 10 wins. I think we can reasonably believe we can still go 10-6, which will get us a great shot at the playoffs...forgot about Buffalo, so say we go 1-1 in the Phili-NO games, I think we take Buffalo, still 10-6. Is that too hard to fathom?

I'm glad you aren't our the coach. "Give up! You can't do it! Just quit!" I hope you don't coach any kids.