I want some new corners out there next game

bossFALCON™

i don't care if it's chevis at one corner with owens at the other, hill at one and chevis at the other, or hill and owens out there. it's OBVIOUS houston and grimes are not the answer...at least not now. maybe sitting on the bench a few games would do wonders. i wouldn't count on it though.

either way, we're not making it to the playoffs with them. if we do, feel free to bump this post. so, with that said i want to see some new guys out there. i just can't see them being worse than what we're starting. for every nice play grimes or houston gives us, they give us 3-5 bad plays, whether it be missed tackles, penalties...or whatever.

next week we play against some pretty bad WRs (tampa bay). michael clayton (who is like their michael jenkins), antonio bryant (who can't stay healthy and isn't playing like last year) and sammie straughter (a rookie late round pick). it would be good practice for our guys.

i want some new corners out there next week. what do you think?

I think.....you are an IDIOT! Jk, yes I believe we DO need a new combination of corners. For Christ sake, put in Tye Hill as the starter and KEEP him there to see how he does. DO NOT PULL THE MAN OUT OF THE GAME! He can't improve if he doesn't get his snaps. For that other corner spot, give me Chris Owens. He CAN'T be any worse right now.

Hard to disagree with what you said. I'm just pissed b/c we haven't seen Owens at all this entire season (except ST). How much worse could he possibly be? Give the man a shot

i mean at least get the man some snaps and see what he can do. i don't want us to pass up corners in FA or the draft, thinking owens can play and putting all of our eggs in one basket (like last year), just to find out the kid sucks.

if he gives up some plays, big whoop. our guys are going to give them up anyway. we're not getting out the first round with grimes and houston...if we even make the playoffs with them...so why not see what our other guys have?

you never know until they're in a real game playing.

For Christ sake, put in Tye Hill as the starter and KEEP him there to see how he does. DO NOT PULL THE MAN OUT OF THE GAME!

agree. we pull him out of the game whenever he does something bad...and then grimes goes in there and gets eaten alive.

what is the point in benching someone who's been playing bad for a long stretch (otherwise he wouldn't have been benched) just to bench the next guy after a few bad plays?

agree. we pull him out of the game whenever he does something bad...and then grimes goes in there and gets eaten alive.

what is the point in benching someone who's been playing bad for a long stretch (otherwise he wouldn't have been benched) just to bench the next guy after a few bad plays?

Exactly. Let the man play, and just see how he does. Put in Owens too every now and then.

what pi$$es me off is that Smith seems to have multiple sets of rules for his CBs. one rule for LCB (musical chairs in Grimes' favor) and one for RCB (screw up as much as you want. you're safe). he can snatch the f outta Hill when he gives up yardage in one series to Carolina. yet Houston and Grimes get to roam all over the f'n place the entire game, get the h.e.l.l beat outta them and NO sign of any other CB gettin' a chance. :angry: time for Hill to get a real chance and Owens to get a chance...PERIOD!!! :angry: it really is embarassin' and agonizin' watchin' these cats play!! :angry: