So yeah a hearbreaker, whine whine whine.

JKH5785

While truly a heartbreaker, we have to realize that our injury ridden team took the Giants into OT fresh off their by week.

Give us the three points that Elam missed, and take a way only a few of the BIG pass plays from New York, and we would have easily won this game.

We beat ourselves just like we have in all the games we lost this year. I can't believe we have so many poeple on here that are acting like we are the Browns with no hope for the present or future.

This team is GREAT team, and when this team puts together a complete game - and make less mistakes, we will be a force for years to come.

I am so happy that after the black hole season that was 2007, we have something to look forward too, and team that is going somewhere. It takes time, we got spoiled with a taste of the instant, the real thing takes time.

We didn't even have our best RB's in the game and still took the Giants off a by into overtime.

All this still doesn't mean that I'm not upset at certain few players, but check this out, everyone is...the coaches see everything we do and more.

Our CB's need to find the ball, they have to have better awareness, covering a WR isn't just running down the field with the guy.

Abraham isn't worth resigning, at least not for what he going to want.

+1

Great post.

And yes. Abraham is have a very, very slow season. I don't think he'll live up to what he did compared to last season. But I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

He only has 3.5 sacks <_<

But Dwight Freeney has had some years with a low amount of sacks. Like in 2006, he only had 5.5

Let's just see what happens to him in the upcoming games.

Its annoying because we should have won this game and we had so many chances. We screwed up the simple things that should be easy: chip shot field goal, dropped pass right on the numbers, 28 yard punt, leaving Boss completely uncovered, etc.

No doubt with a healthy Turner we would have stomped them and it wouldn't even be close. I'm still not convinced that the Giants are any good. They've only beaten crappy teams and today we just gave it away.

What really chaps my *** is they hold the tiebreaker over us for that WC spot. Because with Turner back and a kicker who doesn't stink we would clearly be the better team.

Its annoying because we should have won this game and we had so many chances. We screwed up the simple things that should be easy: chip shot field goal, dropped pass right on the numbers, 28 yard punt, leaving Boss completely uncovered, etc.

No doubt with a healthy Turner we would have stomped them and it wouldn't even be close. I'm still not convinced that the Giants are any good. They've only beaten crappy teams and today we just gave it away.

What really chaps my *** is they hold the tiebreaker over us for that WC spot. Because with Turner back and a kicker who doesn't stink we would clearly be the better team.

Yeah, it definitely stings a bit more, when we had so many chances. One day this team will take advantage of every chance we get, it won't be long.

Edited by FlyinRyan

Word.

Here's my thought of the overall team:

Offense: We're solid, in paper we have one of the most complete offense in the league. It just we havent been clicking all cylinder this year.

Early in this year, Oline couldnt open up holes for Turner to run, now got that fix. But i guess they busy open up holes for Turner and forgot to protect Ryan. If we could fix that, then its going to be hard for anyone to stop our offense.

Defense: We have to many holes in this D, Mainly the secondary. While we're set at safety with Coleman and Decoude, our CBs are a mess.

We need to address this position on the upcoming off season, many says that we should spend our 1st ground pick for a Corner back, but i dont think that would do it. We need to get a veteran CB because CB is not an easy for spot for any rookie coming into the league and shine.

Special Teams: As good as we did last year, this year is a total opposite. Our kick coverage allow much more yards than last year, and Jason Elam is dead horrible. I wonder why Smith wont let Koeneon or whomever is the back up kicker take over the duty.

However, we're only 2 years into this system and still a very young team. Give TD and Smith another off-season before we say anything.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...but we didn't.

I understand trying to be positive, but this is the 3rd game where self inflicted mistakes (missed FG, droppped TD pass) did us in. You can't do that in the NFL and expect to play in the postseason. Was I proud of the way we fought back to tie it up? Of course...that said...that's 3 losses now in games that we probably SHOULD have had...and didn't. 5-5 vs. 7-2...that's the type of stuff that ensures you're sitting at home. The difference between good teams and mediocre teams is the ability to close out games.

I understand trying to be positive, but this is the 3rd game where self inflicted mistakes (missed FG, droppped TD pass) did us in. You can't do that in the NFL and expect to play in the postseason. Was I proud of the way we fought back to tie it up? Of course...that said...that's 3 losses now that we probably SHOULD have had...and didn't. 5-5 vs. 7-2...that's the type of stuff that ensures you're sitting at home. The difference between good teams and mediocre teams is the ability to close out games.

You're exactly right, however we have shown that we can be competitive with any team in the NFL, however you must be able to put it all together and close games out.

I understand trying to be positive, but this is the 3rd game where self inflicted mistakes (missed FG, droppped TD pass) did us in. You can't do that in the NFL and expect to play in the postseason. Was I proud of the way we fought back to tie it up? Of course...that said...that's 3 losses now in games that we probably SHOULD have had...and didn't. 5-5 vs. 7-2...that's the type of stuff that ensures you're sitting at home. The difference between good teams and mediocre teams is the ability to close out games.

Seriously, who negged this comment? :rolleyes:

LOL I love how the "true fans" always make excuses. Yes you are right, this team is far from the Browns but at the same time they did lose. The RBs being out isn't the reason the Falcons lost this game.

1) RBs were out

2) Giants off a bye

3) Elam field missed goal (Tynes missed a gimme as well so that is void)

4) Take away the big pass plays

You do realize that all you are doing is making excuses for a loss, right?