Bump Until NFL Fixes Overtime

Jesus

I would like to see the OT rule changed to play an entire quarter or a twist on the college rule. Instead of starting at the 30 (or whatever it is), the Giants would have kicked off as normal and either we matched the FG or scored a TD in order for OT to continue...

ive been yelling this one for a while too, not just because we lost, id feel the same eve if we had won.. it just dosent seem right.

I've always thought that if they are not going to go to a OT system like college, at least they could do something to make sure that the game doesn't end on a field goal. If a kick is returned to the 25 or 30, all the receiving team needs to do is just move 35-40 yards down the field in a very conservative manner to win the game.

I'd be in favor of a modification that allows a team to have a chance on offense if the other team kicks a field goal, but not if they score a touchdown...

So if Ryan would have called "HEADS" and we marched down the field and scored, would you have started this thread?....NOT!!! STHU!!!

Of course not but that's exactly the point ... a GIANTS fan would have started the same type of thread and been completely justified. It's not fair regardless ... it's just that when it's not fair and you WIN, you're not going to harp on it.

So if Ryan would have called "HEADS" and we marched down the field and scored, would you have started this thread?....NOT!!! STHU!!!

Actually yes

the rule is BS and everyone including the owners and union have been looking for a replacement. Moron.

I would like to see the OT rule changed to play an entire quarter or a twist on the college rule. Instead of starting at the 30 (or whatever it is), the Giants would have kicked off as normal and either we matched the FG or scored a TD in order for OT to continue...

Nice.

It's not fair that only one team gets a chance in OT. The Falcons played their butts off and deserved a shot to win. Come on McKay fix this already. It doesn't make sense.

Would this be a topic if our guys won the toss? I think the overtime rules just shows how important each aspect of the game is. Offense Defense and Special teams. The game is already long enough and you really don't want to expose your players too much, but if they change it fine. I just think if we won today we wouldn't be talking about overtime.

Would this be a topic if our guys won the toss? I think the overtime rules just shows how important each aspect of the game is. Offense Defense and Special teams. The game is already long enough and you really don't want to expose your players too much, but if they change it fine. I just think if we won today we wouldn't be talking about overtime.

Sure it would and has been for years. There have been numerous articles written every time a game ends like this or in a tie. The last two offseasons had owners meetings surrounding this topic. I guarrantee you will see articles tomorrow and Tuesday about it. We came back and tied that game and deserved every chance to win. Sure we could have put them away eariler but so could they to us.