Another milestone for Ryan

Commish

Down 14 pts in the 4th quarter with our defense providing no help Ryan truly took control of a game for the first time in his career. He engineering two long drives giving the defense a lot of rest and helped claw his team back into a game many had already written off

Down 14 pts in the 4th quarter with our defense providing no help Ryan truly took control of a game for the first time in his career. He engineering two long drives giving the defense a lot of rest and helped claw his team back into a game many had already written off

Right.

I love how everyones forgotten its only his 2nd year, this was a good growing moment!

This is nothing compared to the Bears game last season.

statistically yes, but if i remember, we weren't punching it in the endzone and settled for field goals. Today Ryan leds us to two late TD's and the drive before that would have been a TD if Jenks hadn't dropped that easy catch

statistically yes, but if i remember, we weren't punching it in the endzone and settled for field goals. Today Ryan leds us to two late TD's and the drive before that would have been a TD if Jenks hadn't dropped that easy catch

Not only that, but while the Bears game was one super clutch throw with only one shot to throw it, this was sustained excellence for the entire 4th quarter. Ryan really manned up in the 2nd half today. He's the primary reason we were even in the game.

I agree, Matt Ryan needed this game. He was in a slump, but he made good decisions with the ball and in the pocket. I was proud of Matt Ryan today for showing that poise that he demonstrated last year. It is amazing how many Fans hate on the special QB we have in Matt Ryan.

And when we won the Bears game, Elam actually made his FG's

LOL

Matt Ryan played a helluva game today!!! It was a heart-breaker, but I think he matured a lot, and showed us what he'll be like in another year or two.

With some good drafting on the defensive side of the ball, and a few key pickups on offense, we're close to being an elite team in the NFL. And believe me, there's a heck of a lot of teams out there who wish they could say that.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.

Edited by FalconJim

Ryan seems to have an uncanny knack to bring us within games near the end in his young career. Of course, he doesn't deliver all the time and sometimes the games are out of hand, but there have been a good number of times where despite being down and out throughout the game, a TD drive or two in the 4th quarter is still served up to bring us within a chance of winning. Some of the games:

@ PHI: After the 5 previous possessions led to 4 punts and an interception, Ryan takes the Falcons on a 14 play, 82 yard drive for a TD starting from 8 minutes left in the 4th Q. This brings the game within 6. Special teams/time management/poor refereeing screws the Falcons from getting the ball back to have a chance after a rare defensive 3 and out.

@ ARI: After the past 6 possessions led to 3 punts, 1 interception, 1 safety, and 1 defensive TD, Ryan drives the Falcons 58 yards on 9 plays to bring the score within 6. Defense fails to stop a 3rd and 16 play and the Falcon's don't get the ball back.

@ NYG: After being down 14-24, Ryan leads the Falcons on an 18 play, 70 yard drive that ends with a Jenkins TD drop and an Elam FG. The following possession, the Giants score a TD to make the game 17-31. Right after that, Ryan drives the Falcons 65 yards on 12 plays for a TD to bring the team within 7. Falcons make a defensive stop in the next possession so that Ryan drives 76 yards on 12 plays for the gametying TD to Tony G with 28 seconds left. Falcons lose the toss in OT and don't see the field again. Add on the drive that was capped by a Snelling TD run, those are 4 8+ play scoring drives (should have been 4 TDs instead of 3 TDs and 1 FG if it weren't for the Jenkins drop) to follow up a fumble and end the game. The only 'wrong' decision he made was to call tails. I think this could be a coming out game for Ryan as he was entrusted with more responsibility than he ever was as he faced the #2 ranked pass defense coming off of a bye, had the #3 RB starting (who averaged 3.0 YPC), and threw 46 times (career high) and managed 24 (should have been 28...) on his last 4 drives. What a game by Ryan.

Coming from the guy who stated Matt Ryans Pass to Jenkins against the Panties was perfectly thrown lol

Ryan needed a game like this, as he has been nothing but terrible for the 4 weeks prior...

Fact