Do you STILL disagree that with this defense that the team will be hard pressed to win 9 games?

kennycaine

In preseason I stated that this defense would make it difficult to win 9 games and I was attacked. I said it again and again and I was told that they would jell and that we would easily win 10-11 gamea and make the playoffs. I was told that the defense would grow and get better and now we have the 25th ranked defense, ranked last in big plays and constantly allows teams to gash it. Who really still thinks that 9 wins and the playoffs is a lock given what you have seen after 10 games? I was told after the first game that I should apologize since I had been proven wrong, that the defense was much better than I had stated and I was "gloom and doom" and nothing was wrong. If you cannot see that wholsale changes need to be made then there is nothing left to be said because whoever believes this flat out refuses to see the truth.

"This defense" is not the same as the one that you initially complained about a month ago.

That defense was top 5 in points allowed. Yeah they gave up yards but yards don't win games, points do. This defense is giving up yards AND points and that simply doesn't fly.

So you weren't right as much as things have changed.

In preseason I stated that this defense would make it difficult to win 9 games and I was attacked. I said it again and again and I was told that they would jell and that we would easily win 10-11 gamea and make the playoffs. I was told that the defense would grow and get better and now we have the 25th ranked defense, ranked last in big plays and constantly allows teams to gash it. Who really still thinks that 9 wins and the playoffs is a lock given what you have seen after 10 games? I was told after the first game that I should apologize since I had been proven wrong, that the defense was much better than I had stated and I was "gloom and doom" and nothing was wrong. If you cannot see that wholsale changes need to be made then there is nothing left to be said because whoever believes this flat out refuses to see the truth.

Look at me! Look at me!

Hate to admit it.............you called it..............you called it bra.

We have been here before kenny.

In response to your main point, I have agreed since pre season that we were going to be hard pressed to win games when we need ONE stop

And that we would be weak on defense,especially in the secondary

TD actually made a very good move, in the acquisition of B Williams, obviously it just did not go as planned

Bottom Line, Im still calling 10 and 6, because one of these games Ryan will have an epiphany and the defense will show up and we will win

Rather it be against the Eagles or the Saints, It will be one, and thats all we need, we should not lose to buffalo, Tampa or the Jets

10-6, enough to get us into the playoffs? I just dont think so.

In response to your main point, I have agreed since pre season that we were going to be hard pressed to win games when we need ONE stop

TD actually made a very good move, in the acquisition of B Williams, obviously it just did not go as planned

Bottom Line, Im still calling 10 and 6, because one of these games Ryan will have an epiphany and the defense will show up and we will win

Rather it be against the Eagles or the Saints, It will be one, and thats all we need, we should not lose to buffalo, Tampa or the Jets

Do you honestly see 6 wins left? Really? 6 wins left on the schedule? One loss. For real???

"This defense" is not the same as the one that you initially complained about a month ago.

That defense was top 5 in points allowed. Yeah they gave up yards but yards don't win games, points do. This defense is giving up yards AND points and that simply doesn't fly.

So you weren't right as much as things have changed.

You people cannot admit that you might be wrong! You hate for me to be right about something sooo much that you bend statisitcs and words to make yourselves right. Way to to talk around reality! I said this over and over but to keep from acknowledging that i might be right you say "Its not the same defense" Whats different? No Peria Jerry? Is that the big difference? No Brian Williams? The same defense BEFORE Williams was the ones people like you were telling me that I was wrong about!!! Way to rewrite history to keep from being wrong!

and by the way, I didn't just complain about the defense a month ago, I complained about the defense back in August during preseason, when the team was 4-2 and now, with a couple of topics in between, just so you can't say that this was not said over and over.

Edited by kennycaine

Hey Nancy.....it's 5 wins, 1 loss. And yes, I can see that because I choose to believe they have a chance instead of quitting on this team.

You are in some kind of dreamworld if you think this defense is going to go 5-1 with New Orleans, Philadelphia and a road game against the Jets looming. You can choose to think that a million dollars will arrive on your doorstep but it won't make it happen. Be realistic; The best case scenario is 4-2, which puts the team at 9-7, the hard pressed 9 that I have referred to over and over when I was told I was sooooo wrong about.

Edited by kennycaine

Many of these "members" here called me idiot, dumbass, told me to leave the Falcons, called me a whiner and other names just because I had the gall and audacity to suggest that the defense was not good enough to win more than 9 games, if that. It was a statement based not on hope and rose-colored glasses but cold reality. I was told by a member after game 1 "why don't you just apologize and say that you were wrong"...After one game! My statement was that lets see what happens by the midpoint of the season and if the Falcons won 11 games with that defense that I would put up a topic stating that I was wrong. I even made an open challenge that if I was right, that the challenger do the same. No takers.

10-6 would be nice baptist and The Lord knows that I want that but I would settle for that hard-pressed 9 games that would give us a winning season.

Edited by kennycaine

Dude, who the **** cares??? :huh:

Regardless of how much the defense is struggling, those guys made some big plays this season. Quit complaining...you giving yourself props for something you posted months ago is petty and lame. Remember, we're only in the 2nd year of this regime...still a lot of things to improve on, so give them some time, or just stfu...you choose.

Keep in mind we're playing without our starting DT and one corner, them going down hurt us tremendously.

People were telling me that this defense, BEFORE Peria Jerry became the starter and BEFORE the last minute signing of Brian Williams that this defense would be better than last years (24th, now 28th) that it would not give up big plays like last year because of increased team speed (now the 32nd ranked team in giving up explosive plays of 15 yards or more) and it would just be flat-out better once these guys "jelled" Well, now they have congealed into a more leaky sieve that last year which cannot make a play to win a game and a defense which can barely pressure the QB and most certainly cannot cover average NFL receivers.

Edited by kennycaine

You are in some kind of dreamworld if you think this defense is going to go 5-1 with New Orleans, Philadelphia and a road game against the Jets looming. You can choose to think that a million dollars will arrive on your doorstep but it won't make it happen. Be realistic; The best case scenario is 4-2, which puts the team at 9-7, the hard pressed 9 that I have referred to over and over when I was told I was sooooo wrong about.

This is where we part ways, I talk Football and love the game more than any other why? Because it is the apogee of TEAM WORK

The defense nor the offense as individual units are responsible for any teams loss

To kenny and whoever thinks its impossible to go 5-1 in the fourth quarter, Of the 5 games we have in the losing column........

How many of those games have we lost in the fourth quarter? no need to answer, I watched the games, 4

The only game that was over before the second half in my opinion was the Turner fumble game changer against the Patriots before the half when we were about to go up before the half

The other 4 games have come down to the wire with the exception of the Dallas game in which Ryan threw us out of the game

Im usually pessimistic but these are not mediocre teams we are losing to, again with the exception of the Dallas Cowboys

We are one turnover, one mistake, one error, one penalty away from each one of those L's being W's

I mean seriously, missed field goals? Thats the defenses fault? Drop Touchdown passes? Thats the defenses fault? 3 defenders in Matt Ryans face before he hikes the ball? Thats the defenses fault?

This game, was good I hope, I believe, Why? Coming back only to lose, knowing you should have won, breeds confidence, breeds passion to want to win the next one even more

The facts are these, Its always tough to beat a NFC South opponent twice, Philly will be tested tonight, The Georgia dome is still untouched

5-1 considering what we have left and where we have them, impossible? Your lack of belief disgust me..........

Ok, maybe your right....but the fact of the matter is that you need to quit being negative man...Nobody cares about you being right or wrong...the thing that matters is that you need to get behind your team and hope they can be successful...not come up with reasons that they won't be...

Way to spin it. People like you will do the typical, rather than seeing that I was warning against our being complacent, YOU turn it around as my being negative. All people like you did over and over in hundreds of posts was name-call and tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about, even to the point of creating topics after game 1 calling me out. Some people like you try to discredit anything that I say here instead of asking the question of why I said it and what is the validity of the statement.

If you saw a meteor heading for Earth, are you being negative for warning the world of a major problem coming? Thats the logic that you are using; the fact I kept harping on this and asking for upgrades (like Chris McAllister, who was not good enough to help us but who was ironically signed by the 10-0 Saints)that I was being negative instead of going with the unfounded belief that Brent Grimes and Chris Houston would magically get better. People like you are one-track minded in that once you get an adversarial situation with someone in your mind, you refuse to intelligently examine what the person is trying to get across. The bottom line is that we have at best a 9 win team with the defense that we have and you may as well face that reality.

Edited by kennycaine

Defense, when have we ever had a Defense worth their weight. Being defensive focus in nature, its sadden me to see year after year that our TEAM is deficient when the Defense hits the field. Especially those CORNERS and SAFETIES. Who draft these secondary pretenders year after year. HIT and COVER for the sake of 80,000 fans that fill that DOME and monitor your progress on the Road. Nine Wins with this, only if the Offense can out score the opponent. Which is a dangerous concept my Friend. There isn't any aggressive intimidation factor any where. Our defense plays like Rookies overall. Their tactics, techniques, and follow-up is missing constantly on GAME DAY. After watching this crap for the pass 20 years its time for drastic measures and a change in culture and climate. THIS IS THE NFL isn't it. How about 11 wins and many shutouts and shut downs. Lets GO FALCONS, enough underachieving and Shortchanging the FANS...And that's REAL.....