THE FALCONS ARE LUCKY TO HAVE MATT RYAN

Matty MeIts

By Adam Schefter

ESPN.com

My linky dink

Not in any recent season -- and maybe never -- has football seen two teams in one season this offensively inept. The Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders are challenging, and could set, the NFL 16-game regular-season record for fewest points scored in a season.

Adam Schefter blog

Check out Schefter's Insider blog for more NFL coverage. Insider

The 1992 Seattle Seahawks, putrid to watch, set the mark with 140 points. Through nine games this season, the Browns (78 points) are on pace to score 138.6 points. The Raiders, with 88 points, are on pace to score 156.4 points. Either team could set the record. Maybe both will.

It's amazing how similar the two teams are. The Browns have 1,929 passing yards, the Raiders 1,998. The Browns have 883 rushing yards, the Raiders 931. The Browns have seven touchdowns, two of which have come on returns, and the Raiders have seven, as well. These also happen to be the two teams that drafted what were thought to be the top two quarterbacks in the 2007 draft: JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.

Think about how much time was wasted debating which quarterback was better. It's not unlike how much attention was given last summer to wondering where quarterback Michael Vick would play this season. This is the time of year when NFL teams are competing for division titles, playoff spots, home-field advantage. In Cleveland and Oakland, they're relegated to being in the running for records for offensive ineptitude.

The Falcons are very lucky. Even though they are not the team I root for, I truly think they will be a GREAT team for years and years. This is due to a great GM, brilliant Coach, wonderful owner and certainly an amazing QB in Matt Ryan. They could have drafted a player like Russell or Quinn, or had another Vick on their hands....oooof. Instead, they have a stud like Matt Ryan.

You Atlanta Falcon fans, one of which I am not, are very lucky.

The Falcons are very lucky. Even though they are not the team I root for, I truly think they will be a GREAT team for years and years. This is due to a great GM, brilliant Coach, wonderful owner and certainly an amazing QB in Matt Ryan. They could have drafted a player like Russell or Quinn, or had another Vick on their hands....oooof. Instead, they have a stud like Matt Ryan.

Uh yeah. Most of us already know we're in good hands. :blink:

Matt Ryan has made some stupid decision of late but i never get the feeling the he should be pulled. As i watched the tarheel football game today and watch TJ Yates throw three god awful picks, i thought to myself there got to be someone better than this scrub on the roster. But with Ryan don't feel that way i think his going be great just needs to stop dancing in the pocket and locking on to Gonzo.

I'm not sure if the Falcons are lucky to have Matt Ryan. He has yet to prove that he can be successful in this league.

I would say that the Falcons ARE lucky to have M. Turner. He had a pro-bowl year last yr, as well as played well for San Dieago when given the chance.

I'd say Rookie of the Year and helping lead your team to the playoffs as a rookie is some measure of success. When people say clearly idiotic things like that, you really can't help but feel like they are bitter Vick fans. To refuse to acknowledge the success he's had/is going to have, has to put you in the category of "Hater."

Im not a falcon fan either, and I get that same feeling about Joshie Pooh(freeman)? :)

I'm not sure if the Falcons are lucky to have Matt Ryan. He has yet to prove that he can be successful in this league.

I would say that the Falcons ARE lucky to have M. Turner. He had a pro-bowl year last yr, as well as played well for San Dieago when given the chance.

With a post as incredibly stupid as this, my guess is you have trouble playing checkers, let alone chess.

Come to think of it, maybe you should change your name to a game that coincides with your obvious mental capacity, like CandyLandPlayer1. Unless I'm being to generous there...