BVG ..if you dont bring the blitz this Sunday

SWIFT HITTER

Clearly we have not applied the constant pass rush with our front 4 . When we go on attack mode our defense looks so much better but when we settle and let a offense dictate th pace of the game that is when the yards compile. BVG has to bring the blitz and force Manning to get ball out of his hands quick. Giants dont have the world burners at wr or the wrs that break a ton of tackles for YAC and I can trust our corners to step up make a tackle

Bring the blitz ..if we get beat ..it happens but if we sit back and do nothing ..you are worthless as a DC

You would think that would be the mindset, seeing that we kinda banged up and playing

on the road, go for broke and lets steal one. Would also be nice to utilize the

"no huddle", dam if i remember what it looks like. ;)

I would love to see nothing but no huddle ALL GAME. Matt is at his best then. First possession to the last, no huddle.

I do not understand the logic. If you have a bad secondary, you are not allowed to bring pressure, because they cannot cover?

My logic is otherwise. If you have a weak secondary, you have to bring pressure, because the receiver are open very fast. So the QB cannot be allowed going through his progressions.

There is a interesting dicussion from Giantsfans. They are not so happy about their new DC. few blitzes, a lot cover 2. Not good pressure. So the defense looks much more worse than before.

There is no alternative for bringing pressure in the NFL. The QBs are too good.

I do not understand the logic. If you have a bad secondary, you are not allowed to bring pressure, because they cannot cover?

My logic is otherwise. If you have a weak secondary, you have to bring pressure, because the receiver are open very fast. So the QB cannot be allowed going through his progressions.

There is a interesting dicussion from Giantsfans. They are not so happy about their new DC. few blitzes, a lot cover 2. Not good pressure. So the defense looks much more worse than before.

AGREE

The only thing you leave yourself open for when you blitz is big plays or miss assignments

Giants can run a decent screen and tend to do alot of them and they also use the wr screen effectively so if we have a called blitz on they can beat us with a big gain but im willing to take that chance to create some pressure and make Manning feel uncomfortable. and put some early hits on him . I hate when a QB feels safe in the pocket like Jake did all last week

Typically to be a beat would do some crossing patterns and get single match ups. but I like our matchups if that was to happen. Bradshaw is a goood 3rd down back but im not worried about him in passing game and

Steve Smith is a good wr but he is not the wr that beats you deep ..He kills you with outs and working middle of the field

T

I'm with you, swifty. I guess I'm from the Baltimore Ravens school of defense. Sell out and blitz every down if that's what it takes to get the QB on the ground. If you get burned a few times on big plays, so be it. That's what makes their D great. They don't care if they get burned from time to time, and by continuing to throw everybody at the offense on every play, they send the same messsage to the other team. You might beat us, but you have about 3 seconds to do it. It gets in the QB's head to know that a defense has so little respect for his abilities that they will send half the team on every down.

We need an arrogant DC with huge rocks with that kind of mindset. BVG is just useless.

I'm with you, swifty. I guess I'm from the Baltimore Ravens school of defense. Sell out and blitz every down if that's what it takes to get the QB on the ground. If you get burned a few times on big plays, so be it. That's what makes their D great. They don't care if they get burned from time to time, and by continuing to throw everybody at the offense on every play, they send the same messsage to the other team. You might beat us, but you have about 3 seconds to do it. It gets in the QB's head to know that a defense has so little respect for his abilities that they will send half the team on every down.

We need an arrogant DC with huge rocks with that kind of mindset. BVG is just useless.

Very well put

we as fans can live with a aggressive defense that goes after the QB and if you get beat by a big play ..hey **** happens.

but when you sit back in the soft zone Tampa 2 coverage ####### and dont have the front four pressure and allow opposing teams to just march down the field like its a cakewalk that is what KILLS FANS .

Blitzing is great if someone can touch the QB. Problem is, we can get through the Redskins' pathetic O-Line, but there is no way Van Gorder is going to try his luck against a championship caliber Giants' Line. Either way our D is going to give up plays even if we drop 5-6 into zone, our CBs are so bad they can still fit the passes in. I would think he will draw up a lot of zone blitzes, which can either let the D get a big play or open the field for a reciever and with our AWFUL tackling, probably not a good idea.

One thing he needs to do is let Lofton blitz 7 out of every 10 plays. That dude is a monster and he will single-handedly stop the Giants' running game, but you cannot call him to cover, its pointless.

Please BVG, let Lofton do what he does best...

Agree w/21 Falcon. Eli gets rattled, and he doesn't have Burress anymore as that true number 1. Steve Smith has been quiet for weeks, just enough to make me regret starting him in FF. Nicks is only getting mixed playing time with the group of others.

We aren't going to win if we give Eli all day to carve up our secondary.

Agree w/21 Falcon. Eli gets rattled, and he doesn't have Burress anymore as that true number 1. Steve Smith has been quiet for weeks, just enough to make me regret starting him in FF. Nicks is only getting mixed playing time with the group of others.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

D line better show up to play!

Rattle Eli and this game is ours plain and simple.

I thought Manningham would get more catches this year. He had a monster game against Dallas, I thought he would have more of a role. Nicks gets a few here and there, like you said, they don't have anyone outstanding, but the ATL secondary has a way of making stars out of the ordinary. All the more reason to keep the pressure on Eli.

My house will be divided this weekend....wife is a Giants fan.

Great post and I agree. Our front four simply cannot be relied upon to get any pressure on their own. Giving the QB time WILL result in big plays on this secondary. The Carolina game should have taught us this.