Falcons can win in NY

falconidae

Giants are 5-15 after bye weeks. Giants are on a 4 game losing streak for a reason.They've given up a ton of sacks in their losing streak, a bunch of big plays on D and given up 33 points a game in the streak.

They can be taken. I see all these gloom and doom- "we don't have a chance against the giants" posts and they are just wrong- Falcons have the talent and coaching to win this game.

I am NOT saying they're going to win , but its entirely possible.

Ryan has to have a mistake free game, settle down -stop throwing off his back foot and take what the D gives him.

Biermann and Abraham have to put pressure on Eli.

Somebody has to make a big play or two on D.

Giants are not the team of two years ago and neither are the Falcons. Falcons can win this game.

No Micheal Strahan and no Plaxico Burress. Two key players for the Giants that arent around anymore, and they were arguably the two team leaders on offense and defense. That Giants team that looked so good for the last few years is no more. The Giants have a young team that is trying to find an identity without many star players. And i think, without the team leadership that they used to have. Eli isnt playing well, due to injury or just inconsistancy, and thier defense is struggling against teams that have more than a couple weapons.

If our offensive and defensive lines play well, keep Matt upright and put pressure on Eli, i think we have a good chance to beat the Giants.

You don't have to convince me, friend. And for all that we can write about "The Giants are coming off a bye week, have lost four straight, are going to be playing with their backs against the wall," well, d*mn, do you think the Falcons won't have a similar feeling and fire??

Granted, we're not coming off a bye, and we've lost 3 of the last 4, not 4 straight, but this team knows how crucial this game is to our play-off chances. We aren't mathematically eliminated by any means if we lose, but the road sure does get a whole lot rougher. If we're going back to the play-offs, we need to get hot, and we need to do it NOW.

I hope that Matty Ice is back this weekend. I hope that Snelling steps up as he's been doing and that Norwood plays and can add something we've been missing. I hope the defense has been carefully studying just why the Giants are sputtering of late and know how to replicate that. I hope this week is the start of finishing our season in a statement kind of way.

More importantly, I BELIEVE in all the things I just wrote.

GO FALCONS!!!

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

You don't have to convince me, friend. And for all that we can write about "The Giants are coming off a bye week, have lost four straight, are going to be playing with their backs against the wall," well, d*mn, do you think the Falcons won't have a similar feeling and fire??

Granted, we're not coming off a bye, and we've lost 3 of the last 4, not 4 straight, but this team knows how crucial this game is to our play-off chances. We aren't mathematically eliminated by any means if we lose, but the road sure does get a whole lot rougher. If we're going back to the play-offs, we need to get hot, and we need to do it NOW.

I hope that Matty Ice is back this weekend. I hope that Snelling steps up as he's been doing and that Norwood plays and can add something we've been missing. I hope the defense has been carefully studying just why the Giants are sputtering of late and know how to replicate that. I hope this week is the start of finishing our season in a statement kind of way.

More importantly, I BELIEVE in all the things I just wrote.

GO FALCONS!!!

I'm not worried about the Falcons- Smith & Co will have them fired up and ready.

This was for the fans who don't realize that the falcons can actually win sunday.

Now, in the war of attrition that is the NFL, the Giants are down a starting LB, this is a winnable game for the falcons.

I've been a fan since the days in the NFL west in the 80s, when the only realistic scenarios for victory involved plane crashes and food poisoning for the other team. This falcon team can compete with any team out there, and win if they bring their "A" game.

We ALWAYS win at Giants Stadium. Chris Chandler, Kurt Kittner, Doug Johnson, and Michael Vick have won the past 4 games at NYG.

This will be an easier game than the Carolina game. However, the weather is starting to get bad here and the wind in Giants Stadium is usually among the worst in the NFL.

NFL.com weather report says winds up to 10 MPH (which is not a factor) and should be cloudy about 50 Degrees.

I have the same kind of feeling about this game like last years' contest up in Minnesota against the Vikings. It was ugly as ****, but we found a way to win. Hopefully we can make it look a little bit better, but we MUST find a way to win. That is what makes a good team into a great team.

Giants are 5-15 after bye weeks. Giants are on a 4 game losing streak for a reason.They've given up a ton of sacks in their losing streak, a bunch of big plays on D and given up 33 points a game in the streak.

They can be taken. I see all these gloom and doom- "we don't have a chance against the giants" posts and they are just wrong- Falcons have the talent and coaching to win this game.

I am NOT saying they're going to win , but its entirely possible.

Ryan has to have a mistake free game, settle down -stop throwing off his back foot and take what the D gives him.

Biermann and Abraham have to put pressure on Eli.

Somebody has to make a big play or two on D.

Giants are not the team of two years ago and neither are the Falcons. Falcons can win this game.

I agree for the most part. I will say that their is one area of huge concern for me. If you get moved at the line of scrimmage, nothing else matters. There have been two games in which we got manhandled at the line, and both games got away from us late. Dalls and NE. The Giants and stronger up front on both lines than either of those teams.

If the Giants committ to running Jacobs right at us, I'm not sure we can stop in consistently. I think we can for a while, but we need to score points early so they are not in a position to just lean on us physically all day.

Their defense is very suseptible to the big play. Unlike many fans, I feel Ryan is still making good reads. He loses track of a safety here and there, but he does see plays develop. The last few games the Giants have been unable to get a pass rush with 4. We have to keep it that way. The Falcons are running a ton of max protect in the passing game. Teams are countering by playing max cover against 2 and 3 man routes. No wonder the throwing windows are small. We need to make them rush more than 4 to open up some space. If we do, we can score plenty on this defense. Even if it doesn't go that well, we will score on them. Everyone does. They have "giveupthebigplayitis" right now.

I think we put too much pressure on ourselves when we play on the road and it shows. We just have to get our running game going, Keep theirs grounded, Put some hats on Manning, and call more play action/roll outs for Ryan who is more effective on the run than trusting his O-line to block for him.

The Giants are very beatable. They have one very good win - against Dallas on the road. Divisional games like that can go either way, no matter how good/bad teams are, but a good win though nonetheless.

They also beat these non-impressive teams:

Washington

@ Tampa

@ KC

Oakland

They lost to:

@ NO

Arizona

@ Philly

San Diego

I'm thinking we'll come out with a win.

The Giants are definitely beatable, but we are just not very strong right now at any part of our game.

Passing game has been non-existent. Our run game will not be the same without Turner. Our defense is well..... our defense.

The problem with Matt Ryan these last few games has been pressure. He just seems very scared all of a sudden. Now he is going to be going up against one of the best front 4's in the league.

Pierce is a big blow to their defense, but if Matt Ryan cannot get it together in the pocket, their front 4 will protect their deficiencies.

I really hope I am wrong, but I see this as a tough game to win especially with the Giants coming off of a bye.