SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Coach Smith Charity Drive - Where the funds are going! ? Final tally - $3,503.62

Rev_Hal

Good morning folks. Below is an email that went out to all of teh contributors of the Coach Smith Charity Drive. I wanted to include it here so that all can see where the raised funds will be going. Please not that you can contribute up until Sunday night, and see below for another way you can directly participate in this project.

Thanks, Hal

Good morning. I hope this email finds you well.

You are receiving this email because you contributed to the Mick Smith Charity fund or purchased one of our items from eBay. First off, I want to thank you from the bottom on my heart. The generosity of the Falcons fans has been amazing. There are people at all ranks of the Falcons and the NFL that are amazed at what we did in support of coach. As far as anyone can remember, nothing like this has ever occurred – the fans jumping in to symbolically pay their coach’s find. Congratulations – you were part of a historical event!

I wanted to take a moment now to let you know where your contributions are going. I have been working with the Arthur Blank Foundation, and we have found a project that I think you all will love.

The Blank Foundation is committed to improving the lives of children in Atlanta. With this in mind, there is an area within sight and walking distance of the Georgia Dome where the foundation is planning to build a playground for local children of the area. The Falcon Nation will be partnering directly with Mr. Blank in the creation of this park. Our donation will go towards equipment for the playground. There will also be some sort of small plaque or notation on the playground acknowledging the fans of the Falcons for helping make the playground possible.

Our contributions will directly help the kids that live near the home of our team! This will be a place that you will be able to visit, and you can see the direct results of your contributions.

The project is awaiting final approval. I hope to have an artistic rendering of the playground in the next week or so. The plan now is for the playground to be created in the first quarter of 2010.

This project will give the Falcon Nation another chance to contribute. When it comes time to build the park, we will help put together a team of volunteers to come one Saturday and physically help build the playground. This will be another chance for you to directly help the children of those less fortunate. As details and dates are finalized, I will post them on the message board.

Thank you again for all you have done. Know in your heart that no matter the size of your contribution, what you did was special. Please don’t let any detractors downplay the importance of this effort. We have shown the NFL and the nation that the Falcon Nation has a huge heart, and we are willing to stand up and give to a great cause.

I’ll send out more details on the project as I get them. Have a great day, and GO FALCONS!!!!!!

Hal

Excellent info.

I look forward to seeing the playground when I come over for the MBGT next year. Of coure if the Falcons want another volunteer I'll fly over to help if they will pay my airfare. tongue.gif

Don't worry - I am going to video document the entire thing. If you send me a video clip of you with a shovel, I'll just splice you in!

Rev,

Could you count me in on this as well? Message me to let me know when the project is planned. I did not donate directly with and funds but I would be more than willing to pledge some of my time for this cause. I live about 15 minutes north of flowery branch so I won't have far to drive.

I always felt donating hard work goes farther than money ever would but that's just me. :)

Rev,

Could you count me in on this as well? Message me to let me know when the project is planned. I did not donate directly with and funds but I would be more than willing to pledge some of my time for this cause. I live about 15 minutes north of flowery branch so I won't have far to drive.

I always felt donating hard work goes farther than money ever would but that's just me. smile.gif

Absolutely. We are going to need 3-40 people for the project. You are more than welcome to help out!