DeCoud is starting to get noticed

hawkeye

I think we are set at the safety spots for the future with him and Moore as long as Moore can stay healthy. I

think Moore will come back next year with kind of a chip on his shoulder so to speak. But DeCoud has played well

this year and especially in our primetime games against Chicago and NO. This is from the Giants scouting report.

Thomas DeCoud now plays free safety and makes more plays than anyone in the secondary.

I really really like where DeCoud is headed, that's why I still cannot understand taking Moore in the 2nd round with his injury-prone nature and Coleman not moving any time soon from SS. Anyways, DeCoud is only getting better and better, but the Secondary coaches really need to teach him how to catch the ball when it hits him in both hands. No doubt in my mind he will get better at this. He is always around the ball and that is a great thing, but thats 2 games now (NE and CAR) in which he dropped 2 should-be automatic INT's. Other than that, I cannot express how happy I am to have him back there, he looks like a young Ed Reed.

Shouldnt we wait until Moore actually starts at safety before we "crown his ***"? ;) I think he has potential when healthy, but hes only been an average special team player for us so far.

Besides that, Eric Coleman is a solid player and a leader back there. If it 'aint broke don't fix it.

I really really like where DeCoud is headed, that's why I still cannot understand taking Moore in the 2nd round with his injury-prone nature and Coleman not moving any time soon from SS. Anyways, DeCoud is only getting better and better, but the Secondary coaches really need to teach him how to catch the ball when it hits him in both hands. No doubt in my mind he will get better at this. He is always around the ball and that is a great thing, but thats 2 games now (NE and CAR) in which he dropped 2 should-be automatic INT's. Other than that, I cannot express how happy I am to have him back there, he looks like a young Ed Reed.

Coleman has stepped up as of late, but he still is not playing his natural position. We are still putting 8 men in the box and getting ran all over. It isn't all Coleman's fault, but he usually has nobody to block him and is free to make plays.

He just doesn't get there sometimes.

Moore wasn't drafted to compete with DeCoud. He was drafted to play beside him at SS.

He hasn't done anything yet, but his game is more suited for the SS spot. He is really like an extra LB out there and knows how to get to the football when in the box.

A player like him could do wonders for our defense. People forget that he would have gone top 10 if he had come out a year earlier.

He was playing on a broken foot that last year and wasn't really playing Safety.... he also was playing a LB/NB role.

His overall potential is through the roof.

I agree 100%. Coleman has looked down right Polamalu-esque on some plays recently. He is flying around and hitting hard. DeCoud is really on the upswing. If we can get a decent corner, our secondary will be just fine.

Not only just fine but Moore should provide great depth and I like Harris on specials. I want to see Chis Owens on the field.

I think we are set at the safety spots for the future with him and Moore as long as Moore can stay healthy. I

think Moore will come back next year with kind of a chip on his shoulder so to speak. But DeCoud has played well

this year and especially in our primetime games against Chicago and NO. This is from the Giants scouting report.

Thomas DeCoud now plays free safety and makes more plays than anyone in the secondary.

TD has said that William Moore will have a big role with this team next year (also Peria Jerry)..... Dude ... I am so amp about our future Safeties..... Both are really talented young safeties.

I know allot of the fan's base are getting a little low on William Moore but as a guy that looks at allot of college football... William Moore game translates to the NFL.....