Assuming that both Turner and Norwood are a no-go Sunday

AuburnFalcon

In my opinion, if we have to go with just Stecker and Snelling, NY will blitz us like there is no tomorrow and put it all on Matt to move the ball. Snelling is a good back-up but I'd say he doesn't exactly stike fear in the hearts of defensive coordinators across the league. In other words, NY is not going to game plan to stop him, they are going to game plan to put constant pressure on Matt Ryan an make sure Gonzo and Roddy are covered up. Neither Stecker nor Snelling possess that "home run" threat that Turner and Norwood possess. I just don't see how we are going to move the ball consistently offensively without at least one of them in the game to take some pressure off of Ryan. If Ryan were playing as well as he was last year, I might feel differently but from what I have seen this year, I just don't see it.

The Giants are rested and coming off of a bye and have lost 4 straight. They will be motivated and ready because in essence, this game will give them the lead in the wild card race and will put us behind the eight ball if we lose. I'm torn because I want both Turner and Norwood are readly to play and not bring the back too early and take the chance on ruining them for the rest of the year but on the other hand, if we don't win this game, we are in trouble as far as the playoffs go.

So what is our gameplan to somehow pull this off if neither Norwood nor Turner play?

Let's say that both Turner and Norwood were healthy. I mean, 100% healthy and ready to go. Guess what, our game plan should still be to attack the Giant's secondary. That is where teams are killing them.

So regardless of who we line up in the backfield, we need to pass in this game early and often to exploit their greatest weakness. Their safeties suck. We need to air it out deep as much as we can to take advantage of this.

Let's say that both Turner and Norwood were healthy. I mean, 100% healthy and ready to go. Guess what, our game plan should still be to attack the Giant's secondary. That is where teams are killing them.

So regardless of who we line up in the backfield, we need to pass in this game early and often to exploit their greatest weakness. Their safeties suck. We need to air it out deep as much as we can to take advantage of this.

I agree their pass defense has been horrible this year, and it wasnt helping that their Dline was not getting consistent pressure when they rushed 4. We do need to attack them deep with TG, White, Jenkins, but we need to hope that our Oline can give Ryan time to throw those type of deep routes.

The defense will have to make plays, and our one playmaker will have to make plays. And Tony G will have to make some 3rd down coversions. And our kicker will have to make his FGs.

Yeah, I don't know if the Falcons have a shot or not. I am going to watch the game and hope for the best.

I am a little worried about this one. The fact that the Giants are on a 4 game skid, and had a bye week scares me. Not to mention its in their house. I think they are going to pound the ball with Jacobs. Our guys NEED TO MAKE TACKLES.

Like I have said, I have alot of confidence in Snelling. I think he goes over 100 in this one. HOPEFULLY (and that is a very big hopefully) Norwood will play. We need his big play ability. Matt just needs to calm down and make some nice throws.

Most of all, we need to win the turnover battle. If we don't shoot ourselves in the football we have very good chance of winning this game.

The Giants defense has been craptastic as of late, and only had decent games early in the season against some VERY BAD teams. We attack their secondary, particularly their newbie FS(old one went down for the season) with deep/intermediate routes, smash plays, etc. Put Roddy/Jenkins/Gonzalez on Ryan's left side and attack down the field. Use Snelling and Stecker as secondary options.

This game is going to be on Matt Ryan on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, we HAVE to get our head out of our a**es and play smart football. We've been taking bad angles, haven't been gap sound, and our defensive line needs to actually step up as one unit.

Giants have given up 33 points a game in their last four games, and have scored about 20 points a game. they're hardly invincible.

On O- I'd say no huddle, 3-4 wides all game to get to the secondary and wear the D out.

O D- stuff the run, blitz to get pressure. Eli will give it up if you can get pressure.- he hasn't looked any better than Ryan has during the losing streak

Screen plays could help keep them back. But i also think their secondary is weak and TG and roddy can make plays on them if ryan has the time. Who knows Jenkins may break his slump and have a career game(doubtful) but you never know. We Need Matt to carry the team if there is no turner or norwood.

In my opinion, if we have to go with just Stecker and Snelling, NY will blitz us like there is no tomorrow and put it all on Matt to move the ball. Snelling is a good back-up but I'd say he doesn't exactly stike fear in the hearts of defensive coordinators across the league. In other words, NY is not going to game plan to stop him, they are going to game plan to put constant pressure on Matt Ryan an make sure Gonzo and Roddy are covered up. Neither Stecker nor Snelling possess that "home run" threat that Turner and Norwood possess. I just don't see how we are going to move the ball consistently offensively without at least one of them in the game to take some pressure off of Ryan. If Ryan were playing as well as he was last year, I might feel differently but from what I have seen this year, I just don't see it.

The Giants are rested and coming off of a bye and have lost 4 straight. They will be motivated and ready because in essence, this game will give them the lead in the wild card race and will put us behind the eight ball if we lose. I'm torn because I want both Turner and Norwood are readly to play and not bring the back too early and take the chance on ruining them for the rest of the year but on the other hand, if we don't win this game, we are in trouble as far as the playoffs go.

So what is our gameplan to somehow pull this off if neither Norwood nor Turner play?

Well I didn't like our chances with them having lost four games, coming off a bye, and playing in their stadium.

With Turner out, it looks even grimmer. But as a fan, I am always hoping for the best.

We just need great defense, MUCH better field goal kicking, a great game plan from Mularkey, better decision making from Matt, and of course some luck.

YES WE CAN WIN !

Well I didn't like our chances with them having lost four games, coming off a bye, and playing in their stadium.

With Turner out, it looks even grimmer. But as a fan, I am always hoping for the best.

We just need great defense, MUCH better field goal kicking, a great game plan from Mularkey, better decision making from Matt, and of course some luck.

YES WE CAN WIN !

We can win. While they did have an extra week, did they spend part of that time game planning for a different team. We are a different team with our current injuries. Smitty knows who is playing this weekend and the true extent of injuries. He willl game plan accordingly. NY has to plan for so many scenarios depending on who we play I'm not sure the extra week is beneficial other than for rest and healing.

If they plan on just attacking the pass because of RB injuries, Snelling could have a breakout day. I still think our best attack is a balanced one.

BTW, love the sig. Vet - 313th MI Bn, 82nd ABN Div. ALL THE WAY SIR!

I am not going into this weekend with any expectation of a win - I'll just be honest with you. This Giants team is better than the Panthers and I expected the Falcons to win so much that I bought 2 tickets and traveled to Charlotte for that game to see the Falcons beat a Team that I think everyone on these boards would say we should have beaten.

Do I think the Falcons could beat the Giants heck yeah, but I have not seen any evidence recently of this Falcons team being able to beat a team that is above average.

Win - Dolphins 4-5

Win - Panthers 4-5

Loss - Patriots 6-3

Win - 49ers 4-5

Win - Bears 4-5

Loss - Cowboys 6-3

Loss - Saints 9-0

Win - Redskins 3-6

Loss - Panthers 4-5

I know some of these teams had winning records when we faced them but the fact is they are not winners now.

Go Falcons Prove Me Wrong!!!