Yes this week is a must WIN!

falconjuicer

It ridiculous how some people on this MB make themselves believe that this game against the giants is not a must win.... IT IS!! Both teams are 5-4 if we lose this game they will have the edge for the playoffs. And I am almost certain that one of the wild card spots is going to go to a NFC East team. Another must win game is against the Eagles, they are also 5-4. So yes this week is a must win game, we cannot afford loses anymore.

It's not mathematically must-win, and yet it most certainly IS must-win, if that makes any sense. A loss here deflates the team in a lasting way, IMHO. A win (only their 2nd on the road all year, against a team that is struggling right now but is generally recognized as very strong, and leading into a three-game home stretch that includes the Eagles and Saints) is PRECISELY what we need right now to get "hot" at the right time and make our run to the play-offs.

It's absolutely must-win against New York. Go Falcons!!

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

It ridiculous how some people on this MB make themselves believe that this game against the giants is not a must win.... IT IS!! Both teams are 5-4 if we lose this game they will have the edge for the playoffs. And I am almost certain that one of the wild card spots is going to go to a NFC East team. Another must win game is against the Eagles, they are also 5-4. So yes this week is a must win game, we cannot afford loses anymore.

I think we just have different opperational defintiions of "Must win." To me, if you still have a better that average mathmatical shot to make the playoffs if you lose, it is not a must win. 10 wins is most likely enough. I live in NFC east territory. None of the teams up here are going to make a sustained run of wins. The Giants are decimated behind their front 4 on defense. The Eagles are young and inconsistant. I don't see any way the 2nd best team in the East is better than 10-6.

Ok so what if they dont win what happens then?????? Falcons 5-5= wild card.

I wouldn't count on it. It comes down to tie breakers. If we end up with the same record as the Giants and we lost to them, we are out and they are in. Same thing goes for the Eagles in a couple weeks.

Odds are the Eagles, Packers and Giants are the teams it will come down to us competing against for Wildcard spots. The Pack we have no control over because we don't play them. We have a chance to control our own destiny and it starts this weekend.

Lose to the Giants and we put ourselves a game and tie breaker behind in the Wildcard chase (Philly should beat the Bears and the Pack should beat San Fran).