Thomas Dimitroff interview

atljbo

"any kickers coming in this week"?

TD: "Not at this point fellas..."

GREAT! Stand pat and settle for second to last in the League!

Awesome, just Awesome. Thanks Mr. Smart GM for taking care of that problem.

Besides, it's not like we are LAST or anything...

Rock on...

Looking at Elam, I don't think we'll be seeing any more problems from him in the future, or he will be gone quickly.

Coming into the season, it was well known he had a hip injury that was effecting him. Now he's had the luxary of a new long snapper being called in, which only further serves to compound things as his hip injury has just finished healing up. An excuse? No, but I think based off what is known about Elam and his history, as well as the situations we've dealt with as of late, that we will be seeing the old Elam of the last 15+ years sooner than later.

Looking at Elam, I don't think we'll be seeing any more problems from him in the future, or he will be gone quickly.

Coming into the season, it was well known he had a hip injury that was effecting him. Now he's had the luxary of a new long snapper being called in, which only further serves to compound things as his hip injury has just finished healing up. An excuse? No, but I think based off what is known about Elam and his history, as well as the situations we've dealt with as of late, that we will be seeing the old Elam of the last 15+ years sooner than later.

I'm generally an optimist, but what you are basing this on, blind faith? The snap was good on Sunday, and the hold was fine. All of the dudes misses have been hooks this year. He's got a problem, it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I'm generally an optimist, but what you are basing this on, blind faith? The snap was good on Sunday, and the hold was fine. All of the dudes misses have been hooks this year. He's got a problem, it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I do not have the NO game, but I was certian that one of the misses was due to a really bad hold.

???

But even with that aside he has Goated Up in2 games.

One more and there is only One Solution to that problem.

Pains me to say that but it is what it is.

There's something obviously going on, otherwise the talk of timing and a new long snapper wouldn't have been brought up. I don't believe for a second that a kicker with the history of Elam is going to just all the sudden start shanking kicks like he has because "he's just lost it". Early on he had a hip injury, then he does well for a few games. We get a new long snapper, and then he shanks a kick like he did this past Sunday. Something just strikes me as odd about it, and Elam has too much of a good history and experience for him to just "lose it".

Call me an optimist, but between our lack of pursuing a kicker, the history here, and the talk we've been getting from the organization; I don't think it's going to be a problem for much longer. If it's still a problem against the Giants, then I will say for sure it's time to find a new leg(or call Morten :lol:).

I do not have the NO game, but I was certian that one of the misses was due to a really bad hold.

???

But even with that aside he has Goated Up in2 games.

One more and there is only One Solution to that problem.

Pains me to say that but it is what it is.

Three games. He missed two FGs and an extra point in the opener.

wow he said we were going to expand harry's role into a wes welker role and we were going to use him a lot.

Something I was saying very early on. Unless Jenkins all the sudden decides to un-bust, I expect Douglas to be our #2 next year(assuming he can block effectively) while moving into the slot on passing downs/3 WR sets.

wow he said we were going to expand harry's role into a wes welker role and we were going to use him a lot.

I sat here and asked my self why another player could not just as easilly take over at his spot?

Then I realized that no other player has learned the position/playbook.

Marty Booker comes to mind.

I sat here and asked my self why another player could not just as easilly take over at his spot?

Then I realized that no other player has learned the position/playbook.

Marty Booker comes to mind.

because nobody else has the skill set AND talent of douglas on our roster. a slot guys job (especially a good one like welker, douglas, royal, etc.) is not easy and those type of guys don't come around all the time. nobody else has the shiftiness/speed/hands that HD has. not booker, not finn, not weems. we need roddy on the outside to stretch the field because that's what opens it up for the slot guy and jenkins is not an underneath WR.

without moss in new england welker doesn't have the success he does because moss stretches the field and demands doubles which opens things up for welker underneath, BUT as we all saw earlier this year, you can't just throw anybody into welker's spot and expect them to produce.

because nobody else has the skill set AND talent of douglas on our roster. a slot guys job (especially a good one like welker, douglas, royal, etc.) is not easy and those type of guys don't come around all the time. nobody else has the shiftiness/speed/hands that HD has. not booker, not finn, not weems. we need roddy on the outside to stretch the field because that's what opens it up for the slot guy and jenkins is not an underneath WR.

without moss in new england welker doesn't have the success he does because moss stretches the field and demands doubles which opens things up for welker underneath, BUT as we all saw earlier this year, you can't just throw anybody into welker's spot and expect them to produce.

Thanks Boss, that is a great answer.

I loved what he said about the defense being an attacking styles defense and he thought that's when we are at our best when we pin our ears back and go for it. Now if he didn't take a shot at BVG and Mularkey when he said if he thought the offense would only be averaging only 19pts a game would he be suprised and he said yes. i love TD he keeps it real.

There's something obviously going on, otherwise the talk of timing and a new long snapper wouldn't have been brought up. I don't believe for a second that a kicker with the history of Elam is going to just all the sudden start shanking kicks like he has because "he's just lost it". Early on he had a hip injury, then he does well for a few games. We get a new long snapper, and then he shanks a kick like he did this past Sunday. Something just strikes me as odd about it, and Elam has too much of a good history and experience for him to just "lose it".

Call me an optimist, but between our lack of pursuing a kicker, the history here, and the talk we've been getting from the organization; I don't think it's going to be a problem for much longer. If it's still a problem against the Giants, then I will say for sure it's time to find a new leg(or call Morten :lol:).

Vanderjagt comes to mind. Wasn't he the most accurate kicker in NFL history, but slipped into one of these funks and was never the same?

Edited by k-train

i wonder how much elam practices his kicks in practice, and how they look. maybe that has something to do with the fact that he's still here. they probably look great in practice or something.

i'm one of the guys that thinks he probably still has something. he had one of his best seasons last year and was MONEY for us. now he looks like matt prater. i don't know how or why he would just start sucking out of the blue like that.

i wonder how much elam practices his kicks in practice, and how they look. maybe that has something to do with the fact that he's still here. they probably look great in practice or something.

i'm one of the guys that thinks he probably still has something. he had one of his best seasons last year and was MONEY for us. now he looks like matt prater. i don't know how or why he would just start sucking out of the blue like that.

I have a feeling he doesn't practice. I think due to the injury, they hold off on having him kick at practice.

+1 B)

"any kickers coming in this week"?

TD: "Not at this point fellas..."

GREAT! Stand pat and settle for second to last in the League!

Awesome, just Awesome. Thanks Mr. Smart GM for taking care of that problem.

Besides, it's not like we are LAST or anything...

Rock on...

What the F do you want him to do? Go out and sign that superstar kicker that no one else has picked up? Where are we supposed to get someone better? The local Wal-mart.

Come on and think man. There is a reason why people have the people they have. There is no one else out there that is better.

Plus, I think Elam is capable of correcting his mistakes.