b3nz Mock Offseason v1

benny

Free Agency:

Marlin Jackson, CB Indianapolis

solid Corner, good size/speed, played in a similar system as ours.

Aaron Kampman, DE Green Bay

we need help on our d-line and i dont think the answer is youth. Kampman doesnt like his position in GB's new scheme, and could be looking to sign to a 4-3 team.

2010 Draft:

Round 1: Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland

Campbell is a monster. 6'7'', 310, and has solid technique. Plus hes just plain mean, and hed fit in well with the rest of our line.

Round 3: Alterraun Verner, CB UCLA

yeah yeah yeah, hes only 5'11'', but hes quick, and just has knack for being around the ball. And once he has the ball, he has a habit of finding the endzone. Hes a smart, TD type guy, and is solid against the run. Many will think this is a reach, but i think his stock will rise by draft time.

Round 4: Dan Williams, DT Tennessee

a value pick. We have an undersized d-line right now and Williams is a big ol' boy.

Round 5: Tony Moeaki, TE Iowa

Tony is a solid TE, but has had some injury problems in the past that causes him to fall to the 5th round. Having a year or 2 behind one of the best pass catching TE's ever will be really good for him.

Round 6: Kicker/Return Guy?????

i kinda just threw one together, tell me what you guys think.

Edited by b3nz.

Marlin Jackson has had two knee injuries in two years (only started 7 games since 2007). Wouldn't mind him as a complimentary piece with another experienced corner but I don't want to have to rely on him.

Bruce Campbell is a monster and I'd LOVE to pick him but if he comes out we'd have to tank the rest of the season to be able to - he'd be the second tackle after Okung on most boards and left tackles always go early.

Rather have a kicker than a returner.

Good job overall - addressed the major needs.

Free Agency:

Marlin Jackson, CB Indianapolis

solid Corner, good size/speed, played in a similar system as ours.

Aaron Kampman, DE Green Bay

we need help on our d-line and i dont think the answer is youth. Kampman doesnt like his position in GB's new scheme, and could be looking to sign to a 4-3 team.

2010 Draft:

Round 1: Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland

Campbell is a monster. 6'7'', 310, and has solid technique. Plus hes just plain mean, and hed fit in well with the rest of our line.

Round 3: Alterraun Verner, CB UCLA

yeah yeah yeah, hes only 5'11'', but hes quick, and just has knack for being around the ball. And once he has the ball, he has a habit of finding the endzone. Hes a smart, TD type guy, and is solid against the run. Many will think this is a reach, but i think his stock will rise by draft time.

Round 4: Dan Williams, DT Tennessee

a value pick. We have an undersized d-line right now and Williams is a big ol' boy.

Round 5: Tony Moeaki, TE Iowa

Tony is a solid TE, but has had some injury problems in the past that causes him to fall to the 5th round. Having a year or 2 behind one of the best pass catching TE's ever will be really good for him.

Round 6: Kicker/Return Guy?????

i kinda just threw one together, tell me what you guys think.

The draft is decent. I dont mind us drafting a OT, but i dont think we will spend a 1st on a Tackle

- I like Verner, but his lack of speed worries me, but i dont think this is a bad pick, we need another young CB

- WE really dont need another DT, we have a good rotation, especially when Jerry comes back, besides Williams doesnt really fit what we want in DT

- The rest of the picks are straight.