What would you rather see against the GiantS?

atownratz

ok...we are going to be tested on both sides of the ball on sunday...obviously we can not get better on both sides, so what would you rather see as an improvement. Matty and how he can handle the many pressures being thrown at him or our verry veryy stingy defense improving stopping the ball!

I personally would like to see our d get some more pressure on the qb..more pressure can lead to a lot more things,and it would definately give us a confidence boost...

See I disagree with you. I'm looking for the Offense to really bounce back and gameplan to use some screens and playaction to slow down the Giants rush. On the Defnesive side of the ball I expect us to send some extra people to try and get some pressure on Eli "Deliverence" Manning. When he gets a lot of pressure he gets frustrated and makes mistakes. This will be a big bounce back game for the Falcons! Go Falcons!

After seeing Ryan sail his throws high consistently throughout half this season (with time, he'll learn and get better) and seeing our D-line generate NO pressure for the majority of this season, I'll be honest and say that I'm looking forward to a good offseason from TD. I just don't feel that this team can muster anymore than it already has, especially with all the key injuries. Like Coach Smith said, this is a "process".

i think of it this way people say the team that's hot at the end of the season usually makes a huge playoff push well we have an amazing offense on paper and Matt Ryan hasn't caught fire yet so you gotta think its only a matter of time before he picks up what hes doing wrong and this team gets hot im not saying Superbowl but i think we make a great push towards the end of the season , but for this game id like to see that the defense steps up and stops one of the better quarterbacks in the league .

i think of it this way people say the team that's hot at the end of the season usually makes a huge playoff push well we have an amazing offense on paper and Matt Ryan hasn't caught fire yet so you gotta think its only a matter of time before he picks up what hes doing wrong and this team gets hot im not saying Superbowl but i think we make a great push towards the end of the season , but for this game id like to see that the defense steps up and stops one of the better quarterbacks in the league .

I think our defense getting pressure on Manning is most important. I really think Ryan's problems can be solved with a little study and coaching.

I would definitely love to see our Offense Step up and do what everyone on these boards is crying out for Improvement! Our Offense at the beginning of the year was said to be one of the best and most feared.

I have been thinking about this a lot, with all the Ryan bashers on this board - and I will admit, I have even been very frustrated with his performance, but if this Kid will simply get his confidence back, he could have a great day. Ryan is so underachieving right now it is not even funny, but it is not all him, our O-line has to step up and block a Giants Team that has gone through our O-Line like it was Swiss Cheese in the past. Ryan needs to be mentally in this game THE ENTIRE GAME. Snelling I think can be just as explosive as Turner, I am looking for a big day from him. White and Gonzalez need to simply continue playing as they have been - Great! Jenkins needs to stay late at practice all week and work on how to get separation and catching the ball - He already has blocking down to a science, but needs to step up and be a reliable target for Ryan to hit when Tony and Roddy are doubled. Our defense should be our weakest link, but all year long they have stepped up and kept us in games (Dallas exception, Romo should have been sacked and no points before half). I have been impressed with all the injuries how this very young Defense has usually turned it around before the end of a game and given our Offense the ability to get the win or at least get back in the game.

This Sunday will be a difficult game:

The Giants are going to be ready to prove they are post season team

They have had the bye week to help mend hurting players

They have the luxury of playing at home.

BUT what better place than New York for the Falcons to start building momentum for the post season. As Smith likes to break down the year into Quarters. Falcons went 3 and 1 for the 1st, Falcons went 2 and 2 for the 2nd, and they have started out 0 and 1 for the 3rd. We have not lost a quarter yet this year and I don't think the Falcons or Mike Smith wants to start the 3rd quarter 0 and 2. I am looking forward to the Falcons going to the Giants Stadium and bringing home a victory. I see this being a huge game for the Falcons, they are going to have to be able to go into hostile environments during the Post Season and win if we only make the playoffs as a Wildcard. This game will be a huge boost to this young team saying we can go to an opponents field and win - even the Former Super Bowl Champions statium. The Falcons are not playing great right now, but they definitely have the tools and weapons to beat this Giants team and I cannot wait for them to take it to the Giants this Sunday and get the W!

Go Falcons!!!

Edited by AtlFan1971