ANNOUNCEMENT - Coach Smith Charity Drive - $3,487.69

Rev_Hal

Donations link- https://www.paypal.c...tton_id=9617074

Ebay auctions - http://shop.ebay.com...=&_trksid=p4340

First off, I want to sincerely thank everyone who has contributed to the Coach Smith Charity Drive in the past week. We have already exceeded our initial goal of $2300, and will finish well past the $3000 mark. This initiative was driven by you, and your contributions will touch the lives of children in Atlanta.

I personally want to thank all of the people who have shown their support not only financially, but through positive feedback and encouragement. Your statements not only inspired me, but many others as well. Thank you.

The Coach Smith Charity Drive will run through this Sunday night. Next week, we will deliver a check to the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation. The check will officially come from the Falcons Nation in the name of Mike Smith.

I am speaking now with representatives of both the Falcons ad the AFYF on how the money will be used. It appears that there may be a special project that this money will go towards that will be visible to you and others. I think it is really awesome that you will be able to know exactly where your contributions will be going. I will share more details on this when the plan is finalized.

There will also be news in the coming weeks about future charity opportunities that the AFMB will drive, and how our fundraiser can become an annual event. This is very exciting, as we will have the opportunity to work directly with personnel from the Falcons on future charity drives. More details to come.

There is still some work to be done. We are accepting donations up until Sunday midnight. If you want to contribute something after that date, PM me and we can discuss this.

Also, we have several great items still on eBay that are still up for auction, including the magnificent 24" x 36" posters but GritzBlitzer and professional prints from Superfan. We also ahv autographed Falcons rookie cards and other items. PLEASE LET NO ITEM GO WITHOUT A BID!!!! Check out all of the eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com...=&_trksid=p4340.

As always, cash donations can be made via PayPal at https://www.paypal.c...246201019c8adab.

Finally gang, I wanted to let you know that not only I appreciate all you have done. But the Falcons are deeply grateful for your outpouring of support for your coach and your generous donations. Everyone in the organization is now aware of your efforts, and they are truly astonished at what you have done. One representative from the organization told ne that they had never heard of a fan base coming to the defense of a coach like this, much less turning into an opportunity to help the less fortunate. When the time is appropriate, you will hear some of the thoughts from personnel at the organization. They are very proud of you, and they want to show the rest of the league that the Falcons Nation is truly one of the best fan bases in the nation.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Hal

Thanks so much for doing this REV. You need to take some credit as well. I'm so proud of all of our fans that made this happen, good job!

I didn't do much at all. This is all about the colective fan base soming together for a good cause.

From what I can tell, we received donations from at least 4 continents (North America, Europe, South America, and Austrialia). I have no idea how many coutries or states were represented. Hundreds of people have given at this point, and most donations are in the $5-$10 range. The donations for the auction items have been trmendous - Thanks to AtlantaPokerPro, GritzBlitzer, SuperFan, karst41, and everyone that helped with the eBay acutons.

And whoever was going to donate the big check for the presentation - PM me!!! :)

Thanks Rev for getting this started, and big ups to all who donated to help the less fortunate, especially our Youth, and showing your support to the Falcons and Coach Smith. This is truly great when we can all come together for such a great cause and put our differences aside. It is amazing what can get done when everyone comes together. I look forward to this being a yearly event.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

I'll be checking out some of those EBay items this afternoon as I can't check it from teh work. I would love to end up with some awesome art, so I'm pretty sure I'll be freeing up some bidding funds this afternoon. 'preciate the heads up.

I can tell you that the poster that Grtiz did is stunning. Those are the ones on the "Buy it Now" feature.

What you guys (everybody, from all donors to the person who came up with the idea, and everyone in-between) is amazing. Given the circumstances around which this started, I can understand the organization has needed to be rather closed lipped about it thus far. I cannot wait though, to see where this goes from here and allowing the organization to work closely yet again with some of it's more rabid fans in a positive way, doing good for the community. I hope this becomes an annual event, with maybe even a fan award and the donation being dedicated to the player or coach who the fans believe shows the most "I've got your back" spirit (on and/or off the field) each season.