UT freshmen making more of an impact on the courts in Knoxville than on the field

Robb4242

Kiffin knows how to pick 'em.

Fourth Volunteers freshman arrested

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — A fourth Tennessee football player has been charged with breaking the law in the last two weeks.

Nyshier Oliver is facing a charge of shoplifting. The 18-year-old freshman defensive back was cited at 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 7, a few hours before the Volunteers hosted Memphis. He is scheduled to make a court appearance on Nov. 23.

According to court records, the Jersey City, N.J., native was spotted allegedly concealing a $110 brown polo shirt from Dillards in a shopping bag.

The court records were released Tuesday, a day after coach Lane Kiffin dismissed two of three players charged with attempted armed robbery. Kiffin says he will run a clean program.

Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin declined comment after Tuesday practice.

Earlier this week, two of three Tennessee freshmen football players charged last week in an attempted armed robbery have been dismissed from the team.

Wide receiver Nu'Keese Richardson, 18, and defensive back Mike Edwards, 18, were permanently dismissed from the team, while former starting safety Janzen Jackson, 18, will continue to be barred from team activities while Kiffin awaits more information in his case.

Three victims told police they were sitting in their parked vehicle about 2 a.m. last Thursday outside a convenience store near Tennessee's campus when two males dressed in hooded jackets, one brandishing a handgun, approached and demanded, "Give us everything you've got."

"The victims stated that they all presented their wallets to the suspects and showed them that they did not have money," a police report said. "The victims stated that a third black male then approached and told the other two black males, 'We've got to go.'"

The three freshmen were arrested shortly afterward with companion Marie Montmarquet, 22, also a UT student. She allegedly drove their getaway Toyota Prius in which police found a pellet gun and hooded jackets.

He was our starting KR opposite of Oku, in the WR rotation, and the key to our wild cat package. I'd say he was pretty important.

I wouldn't..the wildcat was used used 6 times with him in. Oku fielded the majority of the kicks, he muffed punts so was dropped for Rogan and was very low down on that WR rotation which is why his only significant catches came at insignificant times in blowouts.

I wouldn't..the wildcat was used used 6 times with him in. Oku fielded the majority of the kicks, he muffed punts so was dropped for Rogan and was very low down on that WR rotation which is why his only significant catches came at insignificant times in blowouts.

I would still say he was important and I believe he had the potential to be very good for us in the future. Yes he wasn't good at returning punts but the guy was explosive with the ball in his hands he just needed more experience.