Dawg Fans some info from this weekend and ask your questions.

SacFalcFan

As you know this past weekend's game was the biggest weekend of the year with recruits with over 100 recruits on the sideline. How the coaches can give them all attention is quite amazing, but they do a great job. Here are some updates, a few rumors, and i will answer some questions.

The atmosphere was electric and extremely loud and the comeback was huge especially missing our best players and one of the best in the country in AJ Green.

1. Matt Elam and Jakar Hamilton know each other pretty well. Jakar worked him pretty hard as did Garrison smith. He is most likely just enjoying visits, but it was still great to get him on campus. UF is getting a good one.

2. Jeff Luc has told uga they are in it with him. If charlie strong stays at uf, jeff luc goes there. However charlie IMO won't be in gainesville and Jeff Luc will go elsewhere. UT got some bad news from him earlier in the week and UGA is in it for Jeff. How much depends on what happens to charlie.

3. Jeff Whitaker has wanted to be a dawg, but uga stopped recruiting him because he was a lazy player his jr year and got out of shape. Jeffrey knew what the dawgs wanted out of him and he lost over 30 lbs and has had a great senior season. After dropping uga, he reconnected a month ago with uga coaches. Well he did what was asked of him and uga is in it for him now. Garrison made a comment the outcome of the uga/auburn game would affect where one recruit goes. IMO it could be one of two players. Jeff is now taking an OV to uga and most likely for the gala. This is great news folks. We are losing 5 DTs and need some replacements.

4. Remember when I said uga backed off telvin smith and he cancelled his visit to uga and committed to fsu shortly thereafter. UGA also backed off michael taylor at the same time because they felt they were not adding anymore lbs. Well things have change with one lb imo moving on in hebron and rennie heading to the nfl (IMO all signs point to that with his daughter and family needing his support) they have always had a spot for jeff luc, but now they are pursuing Telvin again and he did come up with his family and visited uga. He has now opened up his recruiting and has uf, uga, and fsu all on the same level. It will be a battle for him who is the best lb in the state of Georgia.

5. UGA is looking to have a total of 4 wrs in the 2010 class. They have Da'rick, Michael, and they want to add 2 more. They are in it for a number of guys such as Christian Green, Blake Sims, and Goodwin. They need to get Goodwin on campus, but right now unc is leading for him because they did what ut did with james and never gave up recruiting a committed prospect (something uga needs to do a better job of). Ace Sanders does not have an offer yet, but a lot can change with that situation.

6. I said at one time uga would take at most 4 more, but IMO that has changed. I will post below why, but I can see us taking 6 to 7 more guys.

7. UGA is looking around for another OT prospect IMO. I wouldn't be surprised seeing them send out another offer to someone we haven't heard much about or someone who is committed elsewhere having second thoughts. UGA needs another OT for this class. Brent's injury and austin's injury screams it.

Rumors:

1. There was a rumor that uga received an underclassmen commitment, but not sure who it is.

2. R Jones also said that uga received a big commitment from a player from the state of florida this past weekend.

3. As I stated above, Garrison Smith said the outcome of the uga/auburn game would be the difference in an uncommitted prospect.

Team info:

1. Position moves: Richard will move to lb next year. AJ Harmon will most likely be moving back to DT. Since we lose 5 dts we need him over there.

2. Player news: UGA will have 23 players walk who are graduating. That is great news. Ricardo Crawford and Kevin Perez will be walking and graduating early even with an extra year left to play. They will graduate and move on giving us 2 more scholarships.

Sac.. thx buddy for the great update. Just a question-- did CMR ever have that conversation with Blake Sims, and (ok 2 questions :)) where do we stand with Isiah Cromwell (sp?), and do we lose him if Lattimore becomes a Dawg.

Thx again for the awesome updates

Edited by Dawgy

ok so we take 6...I'm guessing

WR C. Green (maybe he's the big commit from FL)

DT Whitaker

LB telvin smith (look at the mess FSU is in, not like we're in a pickle ourselves)

OL maybe Max Garcia out off norcross...maybe, idk about OT

WR Ace Sanders ( I think they offer)

last one is a toss up...idk LUC or maybe Seantrel Henderson jk

ps: what happen to the rumors that we might have a chance with Robert Crisp

Cody Riggs???

Sac.. thx buddy for the great update. Just a question-- did CMR ever have that conversation with Blake Sims, and (ok 2 questions :)) where do we stand with Isiah Cromwell (sp?), and do we lose him if Lattimore becomes a Dawg.

Thx again for the awesome updates

As I said in another thread there are things being worked out regarding blake sims, but uga is in it for him and he and cmr will have that discussion. Has not happened yet.

UGA is in great for the carver bunch of crowell and gabe wright. I am confident in saying we will get both and crowell is much better than any back in the state of georgia this year. If he was a 2010 kid he would be the #1 back in Georgia. I don't think uga gets lattimore anyways, but even if we do no I don't think we will lose him.

We have the entire carver bunch up this coming weekend. Should be quite interesting to hear the updates after this weekend for them.

ok so we take 6...I'm guessing

WR C. Green (maybe he's the big commit from FL)

DT Whitaker

LB telvin smith (look at the mess FSU is in, not like we're in a pickle ourselves)

OL maybe Max Garcia out off norcross...maybe, idk about OT

WR Ace Sanders ( I think they offer)

last one is a toss up...idk LUC or maybe Seantrel Henderson jk

ps: what happen to the rumors that we might have a chance with Robert Crisp

Cody Riggs???

Guessing now is like throwing stuff up against the wall, but let's do it. Let's say we take 6 more guys?

DT Jeff Whitaker

DE/DT Corey Crawford

LB Telvin Smith

CB Cody Riggs or Terrence Mitchell

WR Blake Sims

After it could be any number of guys..

So I take it you think we are completely out of the running for Thornton? Has he eliminated us or you just don't feel very confident about him? Also, what about Maurice Hayes, is he ever going to get that offer or are we taking Crawford? Speaking of Crawford, I thought the UGA coaches didn't like him for some reason, what changed?

Also, what about Akins in that last WR spot? What are his chances.

Edited by Nicolae

So I take it you think we are completely out of the running for Thornton? Has he eliminated us or you just don't feel very confident about him? Also, what about Maurice Hayes, is he ever going to get that offer or are we taking Crawford? Speaking of Crawford, I thought the UGA coaches didn't like him for some reason, what changed?

Maurice Hayes unfortunately just tore his acl a few weeks ago. I doubt we offer him now.

Dang man... our defense is gonna be totally stripped next year. Atkins, Owens, Jones, Curran... our best guys on D and all gone... shoot.

Moving Samuel to LB is going to work out great I think. I think he's gonna be great with the move. Hopefully we get some guys to step in and step up on that line.

Sac do you think Ogletree will be a day 1 starter? Seems like we have so little quality depth at safety. Will he even be a safety for us? He is ridiculous in run support but isn't his coverage something he's still gotta work on?

Dang man... our defense is gonna be totally stripped next year. Atkins, Owens, Jones, Curran... our best guys on D and all gone... shoot.

Moving Samuel to LB is going to work out great I think. I think he's gonna be great with the move. Hopefully we get some guys to step in and step up on that line.

Sac do you think Ogletree will be a day 1 starter? Seems like we have so little quality depth at safety. Will he even be a safety for us? He is ridiculous in run support but isn't his coverage something he's still gotta work on?

I dont know if Ogletree is a SS or a FS but with Rambo coming on strong these past few games i think he might start infront of Ogletree at the beginning but i think Hamilton starts right away with R Jones probably going to the nfl. One of the two will definitely start i think though in place of Jones, i just dont know who plays what spot.

thats what i think, but ill be the first one to tell you that i dont have first hand knowledge or anything

Also, what about Akins in that last WR spot? What are his chances.

Yes I do not believe uga will get thornton. As what was said above Maurice is not an option, you can't take a chance on him with his acl tear. We are going after crawford hard. They actually were expecting him to commit on dawg night and he was going to until that whole burn's thing went down. We are in it for akins and have a great chance with him, but his offer is one where he knows if uga gets another commit or two he no longer has an offer.

Yeah we lose a lot of talent, but we have a lot of young talent that has played a bunch this year so we will be okay. Regarding Ogletree I think he is in the rotation, but i think rambo starts with jakar hamilton. Alec is awesome in run support and does pretty good in coverage as well. He could very well move to lb in a few years.

I dont know if Ogletree is a SS or a FS but with Rambo coming on strong these past few games i think he might start infront of Ogletree at the beginning but i think Hamilton starts right away with R Jones probably going to the nfl. One of the two will definitely start i think though in place of Jones, i just dont know who plays what spot.

thats what i think, but ill be the first one to tell you that i dont have first hand knowledge or anything

i agree with that rotation, but i expect alec to play a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Sac, any new recruiting news? I've read that Christian Green is close to being a dawg from a couple of other sites even though he is visiting UF this weekend, is that what you're hearing? And UF's recruits for this weekend is probably one of the sickest prospect lists I've ever seen.

Sac, any new recruiting news? I've read that Christian Green is close to being a dawg from a couple of other sites even though he is visiting UF this weekend, is that what you're hearing? And UF's recruits for this weekend is probably one of the sickest prospect lists I've ever seen.

It depends on what insider you believe. A number I have read say he is going to be a dawg and it won't be much longer til he announces. One I read named mike farrell who is one of the worst says he will be going some place other than uga. Chad Simmons says he believes it's fsu. The point is there is a lot of misinformation coming out about him because they are all talking to different sources. I would like to say we have a great chance, but who knows. UF's list is very nice this weekend. We will see how many guys they seal the deal with, but they will do what they have always done and that is recruit at a very high level.

I have been out of it for about a week so I am trying to catch up, but here is some info.

UGA did not offer Gates. Not sure why, but he came out and no offer. I don't agree with it, but oh well. Looks like uga could be turning to morgan moses and may try and pursue him, but i doubt we have a chance. I would have offered Gates and got him.

Until we do the coachin changes i don't see a lot moving with recruits, but i don't see us losing any than maybe 1 or 2 guys at most if certain coaches are fired. If we make the right moves I think it will help and we add some guys no one believes we have a chance with now.

good stuff...I guess we will be figuring out a lot stuff in regards to coaching changes and where we stand with recruits after these changes in the next few weeks. If not Gates or Moses then who? I feel like we must get at least 1 more OT and at least 1 more CB for sure....and I hope you're feeling better man.

good stuff...I guess we will be figuring out a lot stuff in regards to coaching changes and where we stand with recruits after these changes in the next few weeks. If not Gates or Moses then who? I feel like we must get at least 1 more OT and at least 1 more CB for sure....and I hope you're feeling better man.

let's see what happens in the next week or so.. i think a lot has been already decided behind the scenes and will come out shortly after the regular season.. some of what i have heard sounds good.. i hope it is.. you got me man.. if not moses or gates i don't see anything.. i think we need 1 more cb, 2 more wrs, 1 more dt, 1 more ot..