Saints sign CB Chris McAllister

nawlinsaintfan

John Clayton article a week ago:

McAllister on the mend: Over the weekend, former Baltimore Raven cornerback Chris McAlister got the word that his knee is finally 100 percent, according to a source, and he can start to work out and try to help a team in the second half of the season.

McAlister has had several calls since the start of the season from teams, but he had a few setbacks on his recovery from years of knee problems. He opted to wait until the knee was right to start to look for a new home. That time is now.

He's ready to start working for teams and taking physical. There was talk earlier in the season he was going to sign with the Oakland Raiders, but at that time, he wanted to take more time to make sure the knee was healed and he could play at a high level. McAlister was a three-time Pro Bowler for the Ravens.

I think that might payoff but his health must've been a major concern if teams have been waiting this long to sign him?

from what i understand, he had teams interested in him but he didnt feel like his knee was ready until recently

he also maybe wasn't looking to go out and get banged up at this stage in his career for a team that has no chance at going anywhere

I'm surprised as thin as you are out there that teams are still choosing to run, and run well?

You win and lose games in the 2nd half. I don't know if there is a team better than the Saints in the 2nd half of games. We've shut down teams from running the ball in the 3rd and 4th!