Holy isht! McAllister to N.O.

sporkdevil

One of those vets we never brought in:

"The New Orleans Saints, apparently concerned that injuries to starting cornerbacks Tracy Porter and Jabari Greer could linger, brought in some insurance Tuesday night.

ESPN’s John Clayton reports the Saints have signed veteran cornerback Chris McAllister.

Porter has a sprained MCL and could miss several weeks and Greer missed Sunday’s game against St. Louis. The Saints have decent depth at cornerback with veteran Randall Gay and rookie Malcolm Jenkins.

But McAllister, a 10-year veteran and three-time Pro Bowler, could step right into the mix as one of the top three corners with Gay and Jenkins if Greer and Porter remain out. McAllister, 32, has been out of the league since the Ravens released him in February.

The undefeated Saints already have had good luck in bringing in one veteran defensive back. They signed safety Darren Sharper, 33, as a free agent and he’s been an instant leader and one of the league’s most productive defensive players."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/5267/saints-add-insurance-with-veteran-cb-mcallister

Maybe we are done looking at corners for the year.

Edited by sporkdevil

I didn't know Greer was injured, I guess I hadn't been paying that good attention to the Saints injury news. That's big, he is a good player.

Greer has a minor injury, but he could have gone last week. I'd expect to see him Sunday, or the Monday nighter against the Pats at the latest.

I honestly don't know why folks think McAllister still has so much left in the tank. He was pretty bad his last 2 years in Baltimore.

47-25, 347 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT, 4 PD, 62.9 QB rating

That's his numbers from the past two seasons, if he can put up anything like that here in NOLA that'd be huge.

John Clayton article a week ago:

McAllister on the mend: Over the weekend, former Baltimore Raven cornerback Chris McAlister got the word that his knee is finally 100 percent, according to a source, and he can start to work out and try to help a team in the second half of the season.

McAlister has had several calls since the start of the season from teams, but he had a few setbacks on his recovery from years of knee problems. He opted to wait until the knee was right to start to look for a new home. That time is now.

He's ready to start working for teams and taking physical. There was talk earlier in the season he was going to sign with the Oakland Raiders, but at that time, he wanted to take more time to make sure the knee was healed and he could play at a high level. McAlister was a three-time Pro Bowler for the Ravens.

Everyone's on a Coutu kick right now, and he isn't even getting brought in at places needing a kicker. Ravens haven't brought him in, and they finally just cut their kicker.

I'm not for giving up on Elam quite yet but I have said several times that I think Coutu would be worth a look. I honestly don't know why this guy is not on a team. He was very good at UGA. I'm a Dawg fan but you've rarely seen me say anything about wanting a UGA player for the Falcons... BUT when Elam is done he is def. the kicker I would like to see us sign.

good teams make moves to keep themselves in position for a long run in the playoffs. What have we done with our injuries?????sign aaron stecker????? :lol::lol::lol: WOW, what a big move that was..we lose jerry, douglas, now turner, yet we only sign stecker and depend on "depth" to step up and make a big impact -_- so much for all this trust in TD to make the right moves. Everyone on this board is so concerned about "the future" building for then, but we should be focused on right now.

I honestly don't know why folks think McAllister still has so much left in the tank. He was pretty bad his last 2 years in Baltimore.

We'll find out how much is "left in the tank" up close and in person real soon! I say we should have AT LEAST brought him in for a tryout...Our CB situation has to be one of the worst in the league right now!

People THOUGHT Darren Sharper was "washed up", too, and it looks like he might be headed to a Pro Bowl this year!!!

IMO, our front office has been pretty soft at attempting to address some of our in-season player/personnel issues! <_<

I thought we were trying to make the playoffs again this season???? :huh:

Edited by BirdzEyeView

good teams make moves to keep themselves in position for a long run in the playoffs. What have we done with our injuries?????sign aaron stecker????? :lol::lol::lol: WOW, what a big move that was..we lose jerry, douglas, now turner, yet we only sign stecker and depend on "depth" to step up and make a big impact -_- so much for all this trust in TD to make the right moves. Everyone on this board is so concerned about "the future" building for then, but we should be focused on right now.

WELL said...Couldn't have said it any better!!!!

I'm scratching my head at the front office's lack of activity to address the "in-season" issues we are having!! It makes me SICK to see other teams making moves while we sit back and HOPE for the best! WTF is up with that????? :huh::huh: