For all the matt ryan haters take a look at this

savage77

For all the matt ryan haters that say he sucks and is the next ryan leaf, you need to slow your role for a moment. Ok first off expectations were way to high this season. But lets take a minute and look back. Starting off this season matt ryan and after the first four games he had 7 TDs and only 2 INTs and his completion percentage was way over fifty percent. This since then he has 7 TDs and 10 INTs in the past five games. Ok think about that for a moment. Out of his 26 starts in his career so far he has had 7 bad games including two in his rookie year. That is not bad for someone that was pretty much thrown straight into the fire in a franchise in disarray. Now lets go back to these last five games and look at the defenses. The Bears defense who really overachieved that sunday night, the cowboys who have alot better defense than stats show and matt was running for his life the whole game, the saints defense who is one of the best in the league, the redskins defense who was top five in the league, and the panthers defense that even though their run defense in horrible their pass is still above average. So you look at all of these and it is not really as bad as it appears. He has 12 Ints this year, OK so..... i watched peyton manning throw six in one game before, i watched cutler throw multiple interceptions in almost every game this year. Is manning a bad quarterback, or even cutler? If you really think about it ryan is still playing pretty well and just has had a few bad passes and not even every interception was his fault, some was actually good plays that DBs do to quarterbacks every week. So think about it one reason why those defenses were so good is that they have pretty made every quarterback that they played against look horrible. So, in conclusion if quarterbacks never threw interceptions or made bad plays, why would their even be Defensive backs in this league. Something to think about.

Some of us need self-control. Its good that you are standing up to your players...but no matter what you say, the haters will still hate and the trolls will keep trolling.Do you really thing they will agree with what you are saying even if you are right? do they even care? You are just giving them the attention they are asking for.

Edited by UnrealFalcon

Good points. While I acknowledge Ryan is playing pretty darn badly right now, I also know he is going to be a great, great QB. He's already shown it. I think he is trying to do more now than he ever let himself try before. He knows he doesn't yet have it down right, but he knows that he needs to keep trying because he will eventually get it. And he's so mentally tough that, dam it, he is going to keep trying until he gets it down.

I sure hope he gets back on track soon though :)

Good points. While I acknowledge Ryan is playing pretty darn badly right now, I also know he is going to be a great, great QB. He's already shown it. I think he is trying to do more now than he ever let himself try before. He knows he doesn't yet have it down right, but he knows that he needs to keep trying because he will eventually get it. And he's so mentally tough that, dam it, he is going to keep trying until he gets it down.

I sure hope he gets back on track soon though :)

that could very well be true, take the bruising now in order to take less of a beating later type thing. and i mean a beating from media and fans not literally lol

I posted this earlier because I found this interestung after looking up stats:

You may find this interesting about Ryan's season. Generally most on the board believe YKW was the best Qb we've had. I disagreed.

In Vicks 6 years from 2001-2006, he never had a completion percentage as high as Ryan is having this year. Ryan's "off year". Ryan=59.7%, Vicks highest = 56.4 in 2004. During that span of 6 years Vick only achieved a higher Qb rating once, Ryan at 78.8 this year, Vicks highest = 81.6.

Ryan only full season, rookie year no less, Ryan's 61.1 completion percentage and Qb rating of 87.7 was never achieved by Vick.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/atlantafalcons/statistics?team=ATL

This whole post is a great reminder of what a special QB Matt Ryan is. He is going through a rough patch, no doubt. But bench him? I don't think so. That is clearly overreacting and those people will be following that roller coaster for the rest of their lives. Reacting on emotion?. Absolutely.

Ryan is a very good QB and may turn out to be great. You don't hear many people say stuff like...."He just has IT, whatever IT is". I heard that comment about him too many times to count. That's not something many people just throw out there to any player.

He's going through a rough patch, but what QB/Player doesn't? He'll work it out. He has the intelligence, the ethic, the support and most importantly the drive to make it happen.

Pull it together, Matt. Put this team on your shoulders and make it happen.

11 seconds...Chicago...."We're gonna win this game".