A Logical Matt Ryan thread

I'm a regular reader of the boards and a diehard Falcons fan, I wanted to start an account and post on what seems to be the topic of the week: Matt Ryan.

It seems many fair weather fans are very unhappy with our quarterbacks performance, I can't blame you. It has, at times, been very tough watching Matt this season. I also think anyone who thinks we are better off starting Chris Redman does not know the game of football and is simply thinking off emotion and not rationally. We have all heard and read about Matt Ryan's work ethic, he will be fine in the long run for us. Could he play like this the rest of the season? I don't think so but he may, and if so maybe he'd be better in the long haul for it. We have ask Ryan to throw the football more this season than last year. The more you throw the more likely interceptions are going to happen. This does not excuse his poor decision making over the past five games. The thing that baffled me the most was the fact that over the past three games we were able to run the ball very well and still not able to get the passing game going. Matt played a solid second half against Carolina minus the interception, it's something to build on and I look forward to seeing how he will respond on the road against the Giants this week. We are still in the playoff hunt with games against the Giants and Eagles who are probably our biggest competition for the wild card, it's not the way I'd like things to be but I'll take it, we essentially control our own destiny. Ryans hit a rut no doubt, but if he were to go out sunday and throw for 275 and 3 TD's and no int's, all these fair weather fans would be seeing the sunny side of Matt again.

I'm a regular reader of the boards and a diehard Falcons fan, I wanted to start an account and post on what seems to be the topic of the week: Matt Ryan.

It seems many fair weather fans are very unhappy with our quarterbacks performance, I can't blame you. It has, at times, been very tough watching Matt this season. I also think anyone who thinks we are better off starting Chris Redman does not know the game of football and is simply thinking off emotion and not rationally. We have all heard and read about Matt Ryan's work ethic, he will be fine in the long run for us. Could he play like this the rest of the season? I don't think so but he may, and if so maybe he'd be better in the long haul for it. We have ask Ryan to throw the football more this season than last year. The more you throw the more likely interceptions are going to happen. This does not excuse his poor decision making over the past five games. The thing that baffled me the most was the fact that over the past three games we were able to run the ball very well and still not able to get the passing game going. Matt played a solid second half against Carolina minus the interception, it's something to build on and I look forward to seeing how he will respond on the road against the Giants this week. We are still in the playoff hunt with games against the Giants and Eagles who are probably our biggest competition for the wild card, it's not the way I'd like things to be but I'll take it, we essentially control our own destiny. Ryans hit a rut no doubt, but if he were to go out sunday and throw for 275 and 3 TD's and no int's, all these fair weather fans would be seeing the sunny side of Matt again.

honestly I think some of these folks have gone so far off the negativity deep-end that they have put themselves in a place where they now have to hope for team/QB failure to justify their ill-concieved diatribes...