Why hasn't Jenkins been cut already?

Gimmesomo!!!

With Finneran, Booker and Weems I don't even understand why Jenkins is still starting? Besides being a decent run blocker he hasn't done much but drop balls and look altogether like a suck on the field...Our personnel moves lately have been subpar but I'll blame that on all the injuries. Not to mention if the second interception that Matt threw had a Colston-like receiver up under it it would have been a catch. That leads me to believe that Jenkins is NOT good enough to be a starting receiver in this league except for a bad team maybe...There are better receivers that are paid less with less experience that are better than him so just because he was of some service last year doesn't mean anything as of now...

With Finneran, Booker and Weems I don't even understand why Jenkins is still starting? Besides being a decent run blocker he hasn't done much but drop balls and look altogether like a suck on the field...Our personnel moves lately have been subpar but I'll blame that on all the injuries. Not to mention if the second interception that Matt threw had a Colston-like receiver up under it it would have been a catch. That leads me to believe that Jenkins is NOT good enough to be a starting receiver in this league except for a bad team maybe...There are better receivers that are paid less with less experience that are better than him so just because he was of some service last year doesn't mean anything as of now...

I understand the question FOR SURE!!

In short, I'll answer with 6 words: Harry Douglas out for the season!! <_<

If HD was healthy, he DEFINITELY would have replaced JINX by now...PLEASE believe it!!! HD possesses speed AND the ability to create "separation", which is something that is severely lacking with our receiving core, with the exception of Roddy.

Edited by BirdzEyeView

Not to mention if the second interception that Matt threw had a Colston-like receiver up under it it would have been a catch.

Is Colston 7 feet tall because that pass was severely overthrown.

Now I'm not saying Jenkins hasn't had bad moments this season but you have to put blame where it's due and the pick was Ryan's fault.

He overthrew a WR in double coverage on first down when we had about 3 minutes on the clock and only needed 3 to win. The ball should have never gone in that direction.

Jenkins has not been living up to his new contract, thats for sure. But for him to be cut? Please. This is not Madden here. We just payed him so he is going to play. Now I think we should address the WR position in the offeseason. Nothing big, but we may need a more reliable #2 guy. Harry Douglas is good and MAY mold into the #2, but as of right now I think he is just a slot guy.

He overthrew a WR in double coverage on first down when we had about 3 minutes on the clock and only needed 3 to win. The ball should have never gone in that direction.

I agree that it was a bad decision on Ryan's part but if you watch the play Jenkins had time to either backpedal and adjust or atleast swat the ball or SOMETHING! You KNOW Ryan throws floater and that was a pretty accurate one! Jenkins had atleast 3 seconds to get better positioning! He didn't even time his jump very well! Brent Grimes would have atleast caught it...then bobbled it...then dropped it but it WOULDN'T have been an interception though!

Edited by Gimmesomo!!!

Jenkins is fine he started coming around last year playing good football. Yes he hasn't done much this season but none of our receivers have been playing jam up football not even Roddy. You cant give Ryan a pass and blame everybody else for his sub par play. Give Jenkins the same respect. When the team starts rolling again and Jenkins is still not playing well then we have a problem.

Jenkins is fine he started coming around last year playing good football. Yes he hasn't done much this season but none of our receivers have been playing jam up football not even Roddy. You cant give Ryan a pass and blame everybody else for his sub par play. Give Jenkins the same respect. When the team starts rolling again and Jenkins is still not playing well then we have a problem.

Have we been watching the same team throughout the season???

Jenkins is "serviceable" AT BEST...He's a pretty good run blocking WR, but that's about it. He's been EXTREMELY inconsistent since he's been here...Last year was a "contract year" and most players tend to step their game up throughout the league when a new contract is on the line. Where's the consistency, though????

Matt Ryan definitely deserves a majority of the blame for last week's loss, however, this thread is not about him...It's about "Mr. Inconsistent"....JENKINS! <_<

Edited by BirdzEyeView

jenkins is the softest 6'4 receiver in the league.

I agree Jenkins is terrible at YAC, he rarely breaks any tackles, I dont understand why we would even think about throwing those bubble passes to him on the outside, that is a wasted play. But to the OP, I think on that pass Jenkins was supposed to run that route a little deeper, but it still was a bad decision by Matt Ryan.

I agree Jenkins is terrible at YAC, he rarely breaks any tackles, I dont understand why we would even think about throwing those bubble passes to him on the outside, that is a wasted play.

same thing i was thinking jaymadd. those need to go to roddy. he breaks tackles and we've seen him score on those before. jenkins isn't boldin, marshall or white...he's not a tough, physical receiver and he's not breaking any tackles.

I think the short answer is because none of those other guys are any good either.

Great point! It's sad, but I have to agree that it's true.

We HAVE to bring in better personnel (WRs, DBs, etc.) during the off season, if we are serious about becoming a contender on a consistent basis. There HAVE to be players available who possess both great CHARACTER and ABILITY/SKILL SET. It seems as though our front office puts way too much emphasis on the former (character).

Edited by BirdzEyeView

Yeah, he's a bust for sure, and a 3rd/4th round talent WR. He's a great run blocker, has some pretty good speed, but he's not a physical route runner and has inconsistent hands for sure. Chris Johnson from the Cowboys was tossing him around and bashing him off his routes like it was nothing. I think in the future we may see more Harry Douglas, and I think spending a high round pick(1st or 2nd) inside the next year or two on a WR is something to consider.

same thing i was thinking jaymadd. those need to go to roddy. he breaks tackles and we've seen him score on those before. jenkins isn't boldin, marshall or white...he's not a tough, physical receiver and he's not breaking any tackles.

Yeah I am hoping that we add more talent at WR in the draft next year, someone to either push Jenkins or replace him, because I really want to keep Douglas in the slot.

We HAVE to bring in better personnel (WRs, DBs, etc.) during the off season, if we are serious about becoming a contender on a consistent basis. There HAVE to be players available who possess both great CHARACTER and ABILITY/SKILL SET. It seems as though our front office puts way too much emphasis on the former (character).

Who have we passed up on that would be a good fit for this team based on character? Pacman Jones? Larry Johnson?

We have pretty good personnel on the field. When things clicked last year to the tune of 11-5 did you complain so much? We are a consistent contender, in fact we are contending for the playoffs right now and near the top of the mix in the wildcard. This doesn't happen all that often in Atlanta get used to it.

Yeah, he's a bust for sure, and a 3rd/4th round talent WR. He's a great run blocker, has some pretty good speed, but he's not a physical route runner and has inconsistent hands for sure. Chris Johnson from the Cowboys was tossing him around and bashing him off his routes like it was nothing. I think in the future we may see more Harry Douglas, and I think spending a high round pick(1st or 2nd) inside the next year or two on a WR is something to consider.

If Jenkins is such a bust why should we spend more money and picks on high round WR's? The recent track record of high pick WR's is not good. I would rather spend low and draft low for Johnny Knox than spend money on an overrated 1st round pick. It takes time to build WR's and we're locked into our 1 and 2 for the next few years. Douglas isn't big enough to carry the load as a #2 in the NFL. That's the nature of the game now.

I really hope Jenkins is gone after this year. I'm not sure about the cap hit, but as far as ability we need to upgrade.

I seriously doubt we would do that, from both a playing and money stand point. If Douglas than run block, then I say we take a page out of the Patriots book. We use Douglas in the slot in 3WR sets and put Jenkins on the outside. Douglas is a slot monster, and Jenkins has the skill set to be more on the outside.

Who have we passed up on that would be a good fit for this team based on character? Pacman Jones? Larry Johnson?

Where did I mention anything about "passing" on a player as a result of his character???

I dont't think it's impossible to find players who possess BOTH...There are a littany of players throughout the league who possess great character with the skill set to match!