If you HAD to pick which coordinator should go, which one would you pick

Ice1974

BVG or Mularkey  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which coordinator would you let go

• BVG
    • Mularkey
    • both

I think both have left a lot to be desired.

Mularkey- It amazes me that he cannot find ways to make our offense at least top 10. We have more weapons than so many other teams, but we still seem stagnant.

* Most of our scoring drives come from miscues by the other team or 4th down conversions.

* We may score early, but we don't put the pedal to the metal. We let other teams hang around because of the conservative playcalling.

* We have like 10 plays in our playbook and I seem to already know what is coming before the snap.... and I am 100% sure the opposing defense does too.

Brian Van Gorder

* His blitz packages are probably one of the worst in the league. Our guys don't even sniff the QB. 9 times out of 10, our blitzes are picked up. He has to get creative.

* We don't show things, and do other things. QBs are NEVER confused by what we are doing. They know exactly where to go with the football and it shows.

* He doesn't find ways to get Abraham more chances to go one-on-one.

* Our 3rd down efficiency is one of the worst in the league. His terrible blitz packages are part of the reason.

Van Gorder doesn't have the most talented group, but you don't need all-stars to have a good defense..... look at the bengals.

If I HAD to choose one, it would be BVG simply because we have had some success on offense in the past. We have never really had much success on D.

How bout neither.

I think both our coordinators are fine. Our problems right now are more about execution than anything. Every coordinator gets criticized for playcalling after a loss.

Good call. Coaches can only do so much folks. Players need to execute.

That being said, I don't think either coordinator should be let go. I have a few problems with MM playcalling (i.e more screen passes etc) but overall I think he is a good coordinator.

based on the last 1.5 seasons I would go with BVG, but based on the talent and production, I would go with Mularkey

I think they both should go. BVG was brought back after having already left for a HC job at Georgia Southern I think. He was LB coach for Zimmer. I wish we had kept Zimmer. He did more with less and is doing good over at Cincy.

As for Mularkey, I'm not a big fan of his. I like the Steelers too and I remember when he was the Steeler's OC. He wasn't good there either. He might be alright the 1st 1 or 2 years in a new spot, but after then, the defenses catch on the offense goes down hill.

BVG is doing the best with what he has. He has our guys over achieving, if you can believe that. We have no pass rush, no corners, and safety play is kinda weak in the coverage area, Coleman is good in run support.

I think BVG is doing an excellent job.

Mularkey is the one I am starting to question week in, week out. He either calls a Turner run up the gut, or a bunch format of receivers on the same side of the field. We need a little more diversity in our pass game, spread the receivers out, call screens, pitch plays, ect

So to answer the OP's question, if I had to choose a Coord. to go, it would be Mularkey

Edited by railbird

BVG is going the best with what he has. He has our guys over achieving, if you can believe that. We have no pass rush, no corners, and safety play is kinda weak in the coverage area, Coleman is good in run support.

I thino BVG is doing an excellent job.

Mularkey is the one I am starting to question week in, week out. He either calls a Turner run up the gut, or a bunch format of recievers on the same side of the field. We need a little more diversity in our pass game, spread the recievers out, call screens, pitch plays, ect

So to answer the OP's question, if I had to choose a Coord. to go, it would be Mularkey

DeCoud has been pretty darn good on deep coverage, and Coleman is playing out of position, but has been playing good also, it starts with our DE's and then to out CB's

its no wonder our play on D went down hill once Jerry and Williams went out with injuries

I try not to be a negative ninja, but Mularkey is not cutting it and based on the information I have read about his lack of continued success with other teams, I say that replacing Mularkey would be my first choice, because the dude has tooooooooo many weapons for this offense not to be successful.