Do you have faith in Mike Smith?

phocis850

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will Smith fix the slump?

I believe Mike Smith showed us during the Redskins game that he cares about his players and ultimately this organization. Our current struggles can't be blamed just on Ryan or Mularkey. Smith is the team leader, he is BOSS. There are lots of questions to be asked on why things are happening. Is Ryan being handcuffed? Is Mularkey leaving the playbook in the bathrooms on Sundays? Is our defense that terrible?

The man that answers for these questions and gets all blame is Mike Smith. I personally believe that Smith is and will be the best coach this team has ever had. We also know that this is his 2nd year as head coach. This is a learning process for him.

We cannot just go and blame Ryan for doing what he is told.

We cannot blame Mularkey for picking the same plays that don't work and under-utilize our weapons.

We cannot blame Arthur Blank for owning Home Depot.

This season and every season is Mike Smiths to answer for.

If you agree that Mike Smith is going to resolve the current issue, then BUMP!!!

I do, but I think he needs better help from some of his assistants.

For example, somebody should have told him not to throw that challenge flag on that 4th and 1, it was a dumb challenge for a multitude of reasons.

1. It wasn't even close.

2. The Falcons were going to need that timeout later in the game probably.

3. He froze his own kicker, who has already been having confidence problems. He had to stand there for 5 minutes and think about that important kick. For a kicker who is in a groove, no big deal, for a kicker who has been struggling, it's not helpful at all.

Edited by Peyton

For example, somebody should have told him not to throw that challenge flag on that 3rd and 1, it was a dumb challenge for a multitude of reasons.

1. It wasn't even close.

3. He froze his own kicker, who has already been having confidence problems. He had to stand there for 5 minutes and think about that important kick. For a kicker who is in a groove, no big deal, for a kicker who has been struggling, it's not helpful at all.

yeah i dont get the challenge, but i guess the coach really didnt want Elam kicking that football.

I have faith in Coach Smith. You gotta have faith because what good does it do to not. You can either have faith or go negative and start a bunch of rediculous threads.

There are two kinds of people in this world I tell ya and the message board makes it obvious.

For example, somebody should have told him not to throw that challenge flag on that 3rd and 1, it was a dumb challenge for a multitude of reasons.

1. It wasn't even close.

I agree that he needs more help from assistants. If he was told not to and did any way, that's a different story. But, if he was to throw it, then that is a problem. However, he threw the flag and that is his decision. If he got bad information then I feel sorry for that guy.

This shouldn't be a question, it should be more of an answer type of thread.

Because Mike Smith answered this question "Last Season" when he took over as head coach, last season the FALCONS were projected by many to go 3-13, and made the playoffs, not to mention they had a really good shot at winning the division last year.

He's already proved that he can coach this team to victory, so there really is no issue there IMO.....

Edited by Electric Falcon

I believe Mike Smith showed us during the Redskins game that he cares about his players and ultimately this organization. Our current struggles can't be blamed just on Ryan or Mularkey. Smith is the team leader, he is BOSS. There are lots of questions to be asked on why things are happening. Is Ryan being handcuffed? Is Mularkey leaving the playbook in the bathrooms on Sundays? Is our defense that terrible?

The man that answers for these questions and gets all blame is Mike Smith. I personally believe that Smith is and will be the best coach this team has ever had. We also know that this is his 2nd year as head coach. This is a learning process for him.

We cannot just go and blame Ryan for doing what he is told.

We cannot blame Mularkey for picking the same plays that don't work and under-utilize our weapons.

We cannot blame Arthur Blank for owning Home Depot.

This season and every season is Mike Smiths to answer for.

If you agree that Mike Smith is going to resolve the current issue, then BUMP!!!

every time we lose a game people get on here and say they want mike smith gone and matt ryan benched and even when turner was doing badly everybody was like put snelling in and lets trade turner while he has some value. I mean its like they expect 500 yards of offense and ryan over 300 and 4 tds every week and turner to break the franchise record every week no matter who we play

70 to 1.

I wasn't expecting that. All this trash talk about benching people and firing others... the overwhelming majority believe the ship will turn around.

Let's remember who is in charge here. MIKE SMITH. We have faith in him and he will take care of this issue.

If he wouldn't have got in D Hall's face last week, would we see 70 to 1?

I don't think the problems lie with Mike Smith, he has done an excellent job coaching and sticking up for his players. He needs all of his starters to play like starters every game. He also needs to get better support staff and coordinators which I believe will be answered in the off season. The Falcons are only two seasons removed from the Vick Patrino era and I believe we will be done with the rebuilding phase and we will reach the next level next season or the following season.

For example, somebody should have told him not to throw that challenge flag on that 4th and 1, it was a dumb challenge for a multitude of reasons.

1. It wasn't even close.

You don't freeze a 17 year veteran who has been to the Super Bowl!!