Do any of you realize that.....

Bump for perspective. I don't know if it is old jaded fans or new fans who just thought the Falcons go to the Superbowl every year. I have supported the Falcons for 40 years when all the naysayers jump on and off the band wagon. I have put up with every NE transplant flaunting their soon to be garbage team while trashing the Falcons through the years. I remember a time that it was nice to actually meet another one of those rare Falcon fans. It may be difficult after a loss that apparently quite a few have penciled in the W prematurely but some of the coments are absolutely foolish and nonsensical venting. Seriously how many days do people need to vent?

The problem with this thread is it's too logical.

It's not really about logic. I was just as mad as everyone else with the crappy game the Falcons played on Sunday. But I also remember how they played against the Saints. If the Saints version had shown up against the Panthers, there would have been blood shed. :)

So we are going to ahve good games and bad games. Players have slumps. It the idiocracy of of "fire this guy" or "bench this guy" that I don't understand. It's so knee jerk. Every Sunday, this Falcons team hs a chance to win. That was not true for many(most) years here in Atlanta. Take a step back and understand what is going on, and where we will for the next 5-10 years.

It really is the best time ever in the history of this team to be a Falcons fan.

If any of you have looked at the schedule and who we play next i think we can seriously go on a 3 game winning streak starting in NY. history is on our side right now as well as a weak early schedule for the NYG. check out Pat Y's article on ESPN, where he states that the road team has won every time in our series vs NYG. plus they played weak teams early in the season and it is showing late. They beat a sorry Redskins team, The Cowboys who struggled to find themselves early, Tampa Bay and Kansas City are self explanatory, and then Oakland... now who couldnt be 5-0 after that being served to them on a silver platter. Then they played the Saints, Cardinals, Eagles, and Chargers back to back and they lost all of those games. They have shown that their defense is faltering against better teams. They can be beat. We are 7-1 coming off a loss and that one loss was from a team that has beaten everybody so far. It is looking optimistic for us right now. although we don't have Turner, this is an opportunity for Snelling to solidify his career here in ATL. He has shown sparks a lot and is the most consistent on our team right now. Norwood will more than likely be back and add Stecker and we can make some things happen.

Look at it this way: If we can get a 3 game winning streak at the very least starting now, we can solidify our spot in the playoffs because we would have knocked NYG and PHI off. everybody else in the hunt we beat or wont catch us. remember this is the easy half of our schedule now. We still play Buffalo and Tampa Bay...TWICE! but like Rev stated you can miss out on this opportunity if you want, i'm riding this high horse for years to come

Great read, but I am not counting my "W"'s til they "Hatch" - We STILL do not have back to back winning seasons and with more performances out of Matt Ryan like we saw against Carolina and it probably won't happen.

Then look at the youth. Look at the free agent/trade pickups this offseaons that have helped. This is an organization moving in the right direction. If this was like previous seasons, we would be at Ground Zero of our seasonal meltdown.

It's hard to get behind because we as Falcons fans have never been through this. I sincerely get that. But you ahve the choice right now if you are going to be negative, pessimistic, indifferent, orpositive about what is going on.

I for one have chosen to enjoy the ride.

1. If the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs?

2. That the hardest part of our schedule is over?

3. That we have 13 players who are starters (or get significant playing time) with 3 years of experience or less?

4. We have the #14 overall offense?

5. This team is +2 in takeaways?

6. We have upcoming games with Tampa (2), Buffalo, and the Jets? Not to mention the Eagles at home.

And do any of you remember what is was like to be a fan in 2007? 2003? 2001? 2000? Or how about 1996? Or 1981-1990? Or the entire decade of the 1970's?

We are not the most dominant team in the NFL, but we are better than most, and defiately a playoff calibre team. Wouldn't you rather be in this position than 2-7 right now? Because I remember a bunch of years when were were 2-7 right about now.

This is the greatest time in the history of this franchise to be a fan. We are young and improving. We have internal leadership that has brought a winning attitude and formula to this francise. For the first time in history, we are looking at back-to-back winning seasons. We are looking at having long term success for the first time ever. We are on the verge of becomming like the Patriots and the Colts.

You folks that want to constantly tear down this team - well I just feel sorry for you. You can't rain on my parade right now, and you are missing out on a special experience. When you look back at the end of the season and see how this team has progressed, instead of enjoying it, you were angry and negative the entire time. Go ahead - it's your right to be negative. But you are missing out on a great time. And when we get to the playoffs, you are going to jump on board and pretend you were with the team all along. But the fun is right now, and you are missing it.

Totally agree.

Rev....you have got to be one of the best motivational writers on this board.....go Falcons!!!!!

Not me. I'm not inspiring at all. But if you see an inspiring idea and point to it, others see it too.

There was a quote from Abraham Lincoln I heard early on in life that I have tried to live by - "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

Preach it Rev" I think it's easy to forget that our QB is only a second year player, in a second year system, with a second year coach and GM. We as fans get caught up in the moment and don't stop to think about the facts. Did anyone take notice that we left Chris Houston on a island against Steve Smith, and Smith was a no-show on that side of the field. All you can really ever ask of a D is to put you in a position to win and our D is consistantly doing that. They did it in NO, and in Carolina we just didn't get it done on the O". One break out game away for Matt Ryan to pull himself out his so-called slump is all we need...

1. If the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs?

2. That the hardest part of our schedule is over?

3. That we have 13 players who are starters (or get significant playing time) with 3 years of experience or less?

4. We have the #14 overall offense?

5. This team is +2 in takeaways?

6. We have upcoming games with Tampa (2), Buffalo, and the Jets? Not to mention the Eagles at home.

And do any of you remember what is was like to be a fan in 2007? 2003? 2001? 2000? Or how about 1996? Or 1981-1990? Or the entire decade of the 1970's?

We are not the most dominant team in the NFL, but we are better than most, and defiately a playoff calibre team. Wouldn't you rather be in this position than 2-7 right now? Because I remember a bunch of years when were were 2-7 right about now.

This is the greatest time in the history of this franchise to be a fan. We are young and improving. We have internal leadership that has brought a winning attitude and formula to this francise. For the first time in history, we are looking at back-to-back winning seasons. We are looking at having long term success for the first time ever. We are on the verge of becomming like the Patriots and the Colts.

You folks that want to constantly tear down this team - well I just feel sorry for you. You can't rain on my parade right now, and you are missing out on a special experience. When you look back at the end of the season and see how this team has progressed, instead of enjoying it, you were angry and negative the entire time. Go ahead - it's your right to be negative. But you are missing out on a great time. And when we get to the playoffs, you are going to jump on board and pretend you were with the team all along. But the fun is right now, and you are missing it.

This sounds good and all, but until the results are here, these are just words and wishful thinking. Our record is 5-4 and with the way the team is playing it will soon be 5-5. Optimism is good, but it gets no results. You have to show results, not talk about them. I'm sure Coach Smith and crew knows this.

I've seen this too many times. You will say I'm downing this team, and I say to you what's the record so far? I'll ask you again next week, what's the record so far? Until the results of what you have written above show, it's the same ole same ole.

This sounds good and all, but until the results are here, these are just words and wishful thinking. Our record is 5-4 and with the way the team is playing it will soon be 5-5. Optimism is good, but it gets no results. You have to show results, not talk about them. I'm sure Coach Smith and crew knows this.

I've seen this too many times. You will say I'm downing this team, and I say to you what's the record so far? I'll ask you again next week, what's the record so far? Until the results of what you have written above show, it's the same ole same ole.

half-full-glass.jpg

What result does being a pessimist bring that being an optimist doesn't?

The amount of water in the glass remains the same whether I look at it as a glass half full or a glass half empty.

We are both right - but I feel much better about my share of the water.

It's hard to trust when you've been burned over and over. but I truly believe that this organization is in a new place this time around. I felt this way after Shurholtz came to the Braves.

I would feel more confident if Turner wasn't hurt. Where is the offensive going to come from? :wacko:

Yeah - it's scary not having Turner in the lineup. However, the good news is that they said it's not as bad as they thought. He may not miss but one or two games if all goes well.

In the meantime - they picked Stecker up again - I thought he was doing pretty well in the New Orleans and Washington games. I like the kid. Snelling is doing a great job filling in.

It is a definite loss not having Turner in the lineup - but if we can split the games while he's out - we're still in good shape.

It's hard to trust when you've been burned over and over. but I truly believe that this organization is in a new place this time around. I felt this way after Shurholtz came to the Braves.

This is why I have resigned myself to be result orientated when it comes to My beloved Falcons. when the results are there then I will be able to allow myself to START dreaming.

This is why I have resigned myself to be result orientated when it comes to My beloved Falcons. when the results are there then I will be able to allow myself to START dreaming.

I get that totally - but again - it's more painful to be in that position and a lot less fun. I enjoy dreaming about great things - and yeah - I hate the disappointments - but I love watching them grow.