If Bill Belichick were Falcons head coach and had won 3 SBs here..........

gazoo

If Bill Belichick were Falcons head coach and had won 3 SBs here since 2001 and made the blunderous 4th and 2 call..............the schizophrenic fanbase would STILL have over 5000 posts all with the words "4th and 2" and "fire him now".

You have to love the Falcons fanbase..........unless you are from a real footall city where you just laugh at us for tossing in the towel so easliy and giving up on their team.

If Bill Belichick were Falcons head coach and had won 3 SBs here since 2001 and made the blunderous 4th and 2 call..............the schizophrenic fanbase would STILL have over 5000 posts all with the words "4th and 2" and "fire him now".

You have to love the Falcons fanbase..........unless you are form a real footall city where you just laugh at us for tossing on the towel so easliy and giving up on their team.

Ummmm....TMI Gazoo. :o

P.S. I agree. :D

Edited by 21 Falcon

You have to love the Falcons fanbase..........unless you are form a real footall city where you just laugh at us for tossing on the towel so easliy and giving up on their team.

I totally agree with you as well. +1.

You have to love the Falcons fanbase..........unless you are from a real footall city where you just laugh at us for tossing in the towel so easliy and giving up on their team.

You are probably right, Gaz. There very some very stupid individuals on this board.

Thing is guys, if the team had given up halfway into a game they'd be the first to start 5000 threads complaining about how their team gave up on them and how dare them........yet they have given up on their team just halfway through a season and don't even see how bad they are.

I went to sleep on the Colt game. What happened? Fill me in Gaz so I can respond. Judging by the responses so far you might finally have a positive thread. If it is I would love to give you some positive juice.

fourth and two at roughly their own 30 yard line, 2 minutes 10 seconds left or so in the game, and the pats are up by six points. belicheck decides to go for the first down and win the game instead of punting the ball to peyton manning who would have had 2 minutes, 2 timeouts, and already has put up 28 on the pats defense. conversion failed, manning subsequently drove down the field and won the game.

fourth and two at roughly their own 30 yard line, 2 minutes 10 seconds left or so in the game, and the pats are up by six points. belicheck decides to go for the first down and win the game instead of punting the ball to peyton manning who would have had 2 minutes, 2 timeouts, and already has put up 28 on the pats defense. conversion failed, manning subsequently drove down the field and won the game.

Dam that's dum as hail.

If Smitty had done that I'd be ready to run him outta town.

I didn't even think his go for two call yesterday was a masterpiece. That was a game losing call.

Dam that's dum as hail.

I didn't even think his go for two call yesterday was a masterpiece. That was a game losing call.

I've got no problem with what Belichik (SP) did. He trusted one of the top 3 qb's in the league to go out there and get them 2 yards. Tonight on MNF Gruen told the story of a game in which Tampa was leading the Colts by 17 with 5 minutes to go. On two occasions Gruden decided to punt the ball back to Indy and both times Manning drove them down the field for tds, eventually winning the game.

Heck, rather than punt in that situation I would have given the ball to a rb and told him to run it out of the endzone for a safety. Then I would have taken a free kick to give it back to Indy.

Dam that's dum as hail.

you think so? put it like this. You have tom brady, randy moss, wes welker, kevin faulk, ben watson, and you need 2 yards to win the game. your other option is to punt to peyton manning with over two minutes left and two timeouts.

if it's me, i try for the two yards.

The front page of the Boston Paper said something pretty derrogetory towards the coach.. Fans are the same wherever ya go..

I usually don't agree with you, but you are so right. The way people on here are acting you would think that we lost 3 straight games or something. The same people trolling now will be the same people cheering on the team and giving big props to the players that are playing bad now.

BB made the right call. His team succeeds on 4th around 75% of the time. Let's say 65-70% of the time he wins the game right there. If you are head to head in poker and you have a 65% chance to win if your opponent calls your all-in, you take your chances.

You have to weigh the chance of getting the 1st versus the chance that Peyton gets a TD with 2 minutes and a timeout. I'm giving the Pats 65% to get the 1st down vs at most a 65% chance the Pats win by stopping Peyton (assuming the Colts score a TD about 35% of the time there, or greater than 35% of the time--if their chances are closer to 50%, then BB definitely made the right call). Remember, in the 4th quarter Peyton was making it look easy, and the guy has beaten BB before with miracle comebacks.

That means the odds favored going for it on 4th. BB made the right call.

And even if the odds were even, let's say 65% vs 65%, then who do you want to give the chance to to win the game. Brady or Peyton? Go with your guy. BB should be applauded for not only going for the win, but more importantly for making the smarter decision. It just didn't work out.

Edited by Firstiary

Fourth and two at roughly their own 30 yard line, 2 minutes 10 seconds left or so in the game, and the pats are up by six points. belicheck decides to go for the first down
I didn't see that play but this sounds like a dum as call to me.

If I'm the owner of this team and we lose this game you have to be in my office at 6:30 am EDT on Monday morning to discuss this. I don't care how many rings you have. Seriously.

I have to tell you, I thought it was a good call by Bill. With two minutes left and the flow of the game going the way it was, you had to think the Colts were better than 50/50 to drive it down and win the game if they kicked it. That being the case, Bill probably thought they were better than 50/50 to pick up the 2 yards. If they didn't get it, they still had a chance to stop them because the red zone is usually the toughest place to finish a drive. I didn't think it was a bad call at all.

If the official would have gotten the spot right, there wouldn't be that much conversation about it.