Pipe Down Armchair Quarterbacks

Peyton

All of you talking about how Matt Ryan should be benched, just shut up......pretty please.

Playing quarterback in the NFL is probably as difficult and pressure packed job as there is, and honestly, if you haven't taken any snaps as an NFL QB, you probably aren't qualified to evaluate Matt Ryan's performance.

People talk about how awful Ryan has been the last 5 games because he's thrown a lot of picks, but the Falcons have still averaged 22 points a game during those games. It's not like the Falcons have no flow or rhythm on offense, he's just trying to do too much at times.

Matt is the franchise QB, and the Falcons are scoring. He's struggling, but that happens to every QB.

The Falcons are not better off with Redman at QB, and it is never going to happen, so please stop replicating the same stupid threads over and over again saying it's time to bench Ryan. It's stupid and you are just wasting your time. It is not going to happen, even if Ryan throws 2 INTs a game for the rest of the year.

All of you talking about how Matt Ryan should be benched, just shut up......pretty please.

Playing quarterback in the NFL is probably as difficult and pressure packed job as there is, and honestly, if you haven't taken any snaps as an NFL QB, you probably aren't qualified to evaluate Matt Ryan's performance.

People talk about how awful Ryan has been the last 5 games because he's thrown a lot of picks, but the Falcons have still averaged 22 points a game during those games. It's not like the Falcons have no flow or rhythm on offense, he's just trying to do too much at times.

Matt is the franchise QB, and the Falcons are scoring. He's struggling, but that happens to every QB.

The Falcons are not better off with Redman at QB, and it is never going to happen, so please stop replicating the same stupid threads over and over again saying it's time to bench Ryan. It's stupid and you are just wasting your time. It is not going to happen, even if Ryan throws 2 INTs a game for the rest of the year.

I guess that means YOU TOO. Like I've said in other threads, I don't think we should bench Ryan. Let him get through this year and through this slump. However I do understand people's frustrations and Redman really isn't THAT bad of an option so just keep that in mind.

I guess that means YOU TOO. Like I've said in other threads, I don't think we should bench Ryan. Let him get through this year and through this slump. However I do understand people's frustrations and Redman really isn't THAT bad of an option so just keep that in mind.

I readily admit I'm not qualified to evaluate him as QB. I believe he is a good player, and I know that the Falcons have never experienced one second of time as a team with a losing record since he has been the QB.

I also know that Redman has a 4-6 career record as a QB. He played for a team with one of the best defenses in the NFL.

I readily admit I'm not qualified to evaluate him as QB. I believe he is a good player, and I know that the Falcons have never experienced one second of time as a team with a losing record since he has been the QB.

I also know that Redman has a 4-6 career record as a QB. He played for a team with one of the best defenses in the NFL.

And in the time that Redman has been here and asked to play, he did so very well.

And in the time that Redman has been here and asked to play, he did so very well.

Ok, let's evaluate this comment.

His record is 1-3. He put up 14 points against the Saints and the Falcons lost by 20. At home.

He had one of the worst games in franchise history against the Bucs. He went 4-15 for 34 yards and 2 INTs and the Falcons lost by 34.

He had a good game against a terrible Arizona defense but the Falcons still lost.

He had a fantastic game against Seattle when the Seahawks were playing their third stringers against Atlanta's 1st stringers.

1-3 . I'm not ready to call that "very well".

Hey Peyton I agree with you on the fact that every QB struggles from time to time. I believe that Ryan will be okay and people will calm down. That being said I think that all fans have a right to express there opinions, no matter how stupid or great we think they are. I don't think because you aren't a former Nfl QB, that you don't have a right to have an opinion about Ryan's play here lately. He hasn't been himself lately, and you and I know that happens. Some people are just venting, like pissed off fans do time to time.

Ok, let's evaluate this comment.

His record is 1-3. He put up 14 points against the Saints and the Falcons lost by 20. At home.

He had one of the worst games in franchise history against the Bucs. He went 4-15 for 34 yards and 2 INTs and the Falcons lost by 34.

He had a good game against a terrible Arizona defense but the Falcons still lost.

He had a fantastic game against Seattle when the Seahawks were playing their third stringers against Atlanta's 1st stringers.

1-3 . I'm not ready to call that "very well".

In Week 12 on December 2, 2007, Redman replaced an ineffective Joey Harrington against the St. Louis Rams and completed 16 of 24 passes for 172 yards with two touchdowns and one interception, all in the fourth quarter, nearly bringing Atlanta back from a 21-3 deficit. He was named the starter on December 6, and in his first start in five years completed 23 of 40 passes for a career-high 298 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in a Monday Night Football loss to the New Orleans Saints on December 10. Redman showed that he could be a starter in this league when he completed 17-of-27 passes for 251 yards with a career-high four touchdowns in the Falcons' 44-41 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on December 30, winning NFC Offensive Player of the Week, his first. While playing in six games, four of them being starts, Redman had career highs in completion percentage (59.7), passing yards (1,079), touchdowns (10) and passer rating (90.4)....yeah, Redman sucks...

Hey Peyton I agree with you on the fact that every QB struggles from time to time. I believe that Ryan will be okay and people will calm down. That being said I think that all fans have a right to express there opinions, no matter how stupid or great we think they are. I don't think because you aren't a former Nfl QB, that you don't have a right to have an opinion about Ryan's play here lately. He hasn't been himself lately, and you and I know that happens. Some people are just venting, like pissed off fans do time to time.

You are right, everyone has a right to express their opinion. I haven't infringed on that right. That right only protects you from going to jail, it doesn't protect you from being called dumb. People call me dumb all the time, I got no problem with it.

In my opinion, suggesting that we turn to Chris Redman is dumb. Really Really Dumb.

In Week 12 on December 2, 2007, Redman replaced an ineffective Joey Harrington against the St. Louis Rams and completed 16 of 24 passes for 172 yards with two touchdowns and one interception, all in the fourth quarter, nearly bringing Atlanta back from a 21-3 deficit. He was named the starter on December 6, and in his first start in five years completed 23 of 40 passes for a career-high 298 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in a Monday Night Football loss to the New Orleans Saints on December 10. Redman showed that he could be a starter in this league when he completed 17-of-27 passes for 251 yards with a career-high four touchdowns in the Falcons' 44-41 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on December 30, winning NFC Offensive Player of the Week, his first. While playing in six games, four of them being starts, Redman had career highs in completion percentage (59.7), passing yards (1,079), touchdowns (10) and passer rating (90.4)....yeah, Redman sucks...

1-3. Lost by 20. Lost by 34. Lost to the Cardinals.

Beat 3rd stringers and won player of the week. Big deal.

You are right, everyone has a right to express their opinion. I haven't infringed on that right. That right only protects you from going to jail, it doesn't protect you from being called dumb. People call me dumb all the time, I got no problem with it.

In my opinion, suggesting that we turn to Chris Redman is dumb. Really Really Dumb.

All of you talking about how Matt Ryan should be benched, just shut up......pretty please

Oh ok...

+1

The problem I see is that the rest of the team has been playing well enough to keep us in games and give us a chance to win late in games.... specifically the Saints and Panthers.

However late in these games Ryan has thrown picks on what should be game winning drives.

Is it starting to get to the point that we have a better chance when Ryan doesn't throw it when the game is on the line?

1-3. Lost by 20. Lost by 34. Lost to the Cardinals.

Beat 3rd stringers and won player of the week. Big deal.

A win's a win. And right now, we are LOSING with Ryan. Like I said, I'm not for benching Ryan but I'm certainly not going to bash Redman to "prove" any kind of point like you.

The problem I see is that the rest of the team has been playing well enough to keep us in games and give us a chance to win late in games.... specifically the Saints and Panthers.

However late in these games Ryan has thrown picks on what should be game winning drives.

Is it starting to get to the point that we have a better chance when Ryan doesn't throw it when the game is on the line?

I don't agree that the rest of the team is playing well. Jenkins can't get open. Half the time when he does, he drops it.

The defense has given up Six 80 yard TD drives in the last 3 games. That's just downright amazingly bad. They have given up 8 TD drives of 65 yards or more in the last 3 games. That's just terrible.

A win's a win. And right now, we are LOSING with Ryan. Like I said, I'm not for benching Ryan but I'm certainly not going to bash Redman to "prove" any kind of point like you.

I'm not here to bash Redman. Matt Ryan is the QB, that is just the way it is. People can accept it or not, but they should stop wasting their breath with this "start Redman" stuff. It's just not going to happen. I'm trying to help them.

I'm not here to bash Redman. Matt Ryan is the QB, that is just the way it is. People can accept it or not, but they should stop wasting their breath with this "start Redman" stuff. It's just not going to happen. I'm trying to help them.

I think most people realize that and most of those threads are people venting. I hate seeing that board like that, but after yesterday's loss it was understandable. I think that people's emotions get the best of them at times. I think most of us are somewhat emotionally invested in this team and when the team doesn't win loses we all get a little mad. I don't take those threads too seriously.

I don't agree that the rest of the team is playing well. Jenkins can't get open. Half the time when he does, he drops it.

The defense has given up Six 80 yard TD drives in the last 3 games. That's just downright amazingly bad. They have given up 8 TD drives of 65 yards or more in the last 3 games. That's just terrible.

And of course lets not forget the swell kicking by our FG kicker!

FG kicker....thats all he does. No kickoffs, just FG's and XP's.

Ryan got us down the field and in a position to take the lead. Elam Chokes.

If Elam makes that kick, Ryan is never in a position to throw that INT.

Its his SECOND YEAR! He has a winning record. He is a leader. This team is better with him than without.

Where is the great play from the rest of the team....Like Abraham and the entire secondary?

A QB takes the glory for the wins and the heat for the losses but Ryan cant do it alone.

And of course lets not forget the swell kicking by our FG kicker!

FG kicker....thats all he does. No kickoffs, just FG's and XP's.

Ryan got us down the field and in a position to take the lead. Elam Chokes.

If Elam makes that kick, Ryan is never in a position to throw that INT.

Its his SECOND YEAR! He has a winning record. He is a leader. This team is better with him than without.

Where is the great play from the rest of the team....Like Abraham and the entire secondary?

A QB takes the glory for the wins and the heat for the losses but Ryan cant do it alone.

Elam missing that kick had nothing to do with Ryan throwing that int. We had plenty of ttime on the clock to run the ball like we had been, shave some time off the clock and get a touchdown. Instead, Ryan changed the play and threw that interception. We should have just ran the ball and ran the clock out. Elam missing the kick didn't help but it didn't really put Ryan in a position to throw the ball either.

Elam missing that kick had nothing to do with Ryan throwing that int. We had plenty of ttime on the clock to run the ball like we had been, shave some time off the clock and get a touchdown. Instead, Ryan changed the play and threw that interception. We should have just ran the ball and ran the clock out. Elam missing the kick didn't help but it didn't really put Ryan in a position to throw the ball either.

Elam makes the kick, we are WINNING 22-21.

That changes EVERYTHING!

Missing the kick didnt help? It cost us the lead and cost us FAR more than the Ryan INT which should have NEVER happened had the FG been made.

Elam makes the kick, we are WINNING 22-21.

That changes EVERYTHING!

Missing the kick didnt help? It cost us the lead and cost us FAR more than the Ryan INT which should have NEVER happened had the FG been made.

He still didn't have to throw the ball. We had plenty of time to run off the clock. Ryan CHOSE to throw the ball when he didn't have to.

I didn't say the team was playing well. I said they were playing well enough to give us a chance late in the game.

The defense made key stops in both games to give our offense the ball back when we were trailing less than 6 points with 5 minutes to go. We're not playing great by any means but the team played well enough to give us a chance against both the Saints and Panthers.

However instead of going on time consuming game winning drives... we turn the ball over and the other team scores and seal the game.

Again... we're not playing great but the team played well enough to give us chances to win both of those games at the end.

I'm not saying we need to bench anybody... but this is becoming a consistent problem. When the game is on the line... we're turning the ball over.

So how you would you fix the defense, if it's the problem?

Also, is Ryan depending or looking for Gonzalez too much?

lol you can make any qb look good by skipping over their bad games.