No more sugar coating, no more excuses..Matt is officially in his sophmore slump..

no more excuses. Im sorry but it may be time to put the QB job up for competition. Matt throwing those int's when we have had the chance to come back in the game is not cool. I dont want to hear the excuse we have played some of the top defenses the past couple of weeks, that doesnt matter. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. We cant keep using that same excuse every week that matt doesnt perform. 46 FREAKIN YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF PASSING..are you serious!!!!!no excuse.

Look at other QB's in the past 8 years or so.

Phillip Rivers became starter in his 3rd year in the NFL, his stats regressed his 2nd year starting(4th year in the NFL).

Ben Roethlisberger's stats regressed his 3rd year in the NFL(his first year throwing more than 300 times). He had more INT's than TD's that year.

Cutler, year 4, dare I say has regressed?

Brett Favre's 2nd season was his first season starting(in Green Bay), his 2nd season starting, he regressed, throwing more INT's than TD's.

Peyton Manning had a rough first year, pretty good 2nd and 3rd years, then appeared to regress his 4th year.

Drew Brees was so unimpressive in his first 3 years that the Chargers went and drafted Phillip Rivers. It wasn't until year 4 that Brees has a quality year, and then year 5, he appeared to regress again, only to get signed by the Saints and go crazy.

The point is, ALL QB's start slow. Get over it.

Something is up with Ryan.

Is it his footwork? Is he throwing off his back foot? Is there an injury that is being kept quiet? Is it something in his personal life that is distracting him?

Whatever it is I hope he can get it corrected. It's gotten to the point that I get nervous when we pass the ball.

I know Ryan is a young quarterback and this is part of his learning curve.... but it's starting to cost us games...

Look at other QB's in the past 8 years or so.

Phillip Rivers became starter in his 3rd year in the NFL, his stats regressed his 2nd year starting(4th year in the NFL).

Ben Roethlisberger's stats regressed his 3rd year in the NFL(his first year throwing more than 300 times). He had more INT's than TD's that year.

Cutler, year 4, dare I say has regressed?

Brett Favre's 2nd season was his first season starting(in Green Bay), his 2nd season starting, he regressed, throwing more INT's than TD's.

Peyton Manning had a rough first year, pretty good 2nd and 3rd years, then appeared to regress his 4th year.

Drew Brees was so unimpressive in his first 3 years that the Chargers went and drafted Phillip Rivers. It wasn't until year 4 that Brees has a quality year, and then year 5, he appeared to regress again, only to get signed by the Saints and go crazy.

The point is, ALL QB's start slow. Get over it.

there you go making excuses. Peyton's rookie year wasnt as great as matt's. With that said, no im not saying matt should match the 11-5 record each and every year but as far as his numbers go, they should be regressing like they are. A little regress is fine and understandable but this is just plain out bad. And with turner out, he is gonna have to put the team on his back which may not be a good thing right now.

i didnt say he should be benched. I just said the job should be put up for competition and let the best man win. Sometimes putting the job up for competition will light a fire under matt to be on his p's and q's out on the field.

So, do you think that Matt Ryan isn't putting in the effort?

i didnt say he should be benched. I just said the job should be put up for competition and let the best man win. Sometimes putting the job up for competition will light a fire under matt to be on his p's and q's out on the field.

This will solve nothing. How will that help Matt? Issues and all he needs to stay on the field, man up and work them out.

Well i kind of agree , Ryan seems to have a little bit of happy feet in the pocket the last couple of games, that happens when you face pretty good defenses in the last 2 to 3 weeks. Is almost like muscle memory you get use to been rushed that your body starts to anticipated. I dont remember him getting sacked this week so hopefully that builds a little bit of confidence for next week. Those turnovers really hurt this week it was the difference of the game. I do give props to the D a little they came back in the second hhalf and gave our offense a chance to win the game. ( Elam you need to be cut, but you wont). but Ryan chocked!!!!!!

PS Did anybody else hear the commntators giving props to Houston?!!!!!!!

Edited by Falcons_fan

there you go making excuses. Peyton's rookie year wasnt as great as matt's. With that said, no im not saying matt should match the 11-5 record each and every year but as far as his numbers go, they should be regressing like they are. A little regress is fine and understandable but this is just plain out bad. And with turner out, he is gonna have to put the team on his back which may not be a good thing right now.

Excuses? Peyton Manning had no defense in 1998, he had no run game, yet he still had them the #6 ranked passing offense in the league, despite being 3-13.

All of these young QB's I pointed out STRUGGLED after their first year. Oh I know, you're upset that he's not having a Dan Marino type 2nd year, and he isn't a 96 overall in Madden, but this is realistic, and was expected. Point is, Matt Ryan STILL has more TD's than INT's. I'm not gonna defend everything, there have been some stupid throws on his part. There is no question on that. These are stupid throws that I attribute to him only being in the league for 1 1/2 years. Get a grip.

Excuses? Peyton Manning had no defense in 1998, he had no run game, yet he still had them the #6 ranked passing offense in the league, despite being 3-13.

All of these young QB's I pointed out STRUGGLED after their first year. Oh I know, you're upset that he's not having a Dan Marino type 2nd year, and he isn't a 96 overall in Madden, but this is realistic, and was expected. Point is, Matt Ryan STILL has more TD's than INT's. I'm not gonna defend everything, there have been some stupid throws on his part. There is no question on that. These are stupid throws that I attribute to him only being in the league for 1 1/2 years. Get a grip.

lol, dude if peyton or marino had gonzo, turner, and roddy on their offense, do you think they would of struggled???Yes we all know this is matt's 2nd year, but when you end the 1st half with only 46 yards with the weapons that we got, there are no excuses. Give credit to the panthers defense, but matt is making some bad decisions these past couple of weeks.

IDK I am not gonna say he's not trying but c'mon he's way better then he's playing!

Unless Matt Ryan is being lazy and not putting in the effort, benching him or "opening the job" to competition will do nothing but undermine his position as the leader of the football team.

lol, dude if peyton or marino had gonzo, turner, and roddy on their offense, do you think they would of struggled???Yes we all know this is matt's 2nd year, but when you end the 1st half with only 46 yards with the weapons that we got, there are no excuses. Give credit to the panthers defense, but matt is making some bad decisions these past couple of weeks.

Yeah, it's atrocious that in 98 Manning only had Harrison ,Faulk, Pollard, and Pathon; then in 99 he was forced to have only Harrison, Edge, Pollard and Pathon.

Imagine if the Colts would have given him some weapons ya know?

Well I've seen Peyton Manning throw 23 INTs in a year in which Edgerrin James was his starting RB, Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne were his starting WRs, and Marcus Pollard was his starting TE.

And his team went 6-10 too.

If he keeps throwing crucial INT's, Redman needs an opportunity to play. Teams don't know much about him. Every game is critical at this point and the mistakes we're making this late in the season is BS.

Nope. The only way we see another QB is if we're up 30 points in the 4th quarter or Ryan gets injured. For better or worse, he will not get benched.